Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taxi drivers joined students as protests spread in Ethiopia

June 8, 3:21 AM
ethiopianreview.com

Today, taxi drivers and owners went on strike to show support for Addis Ababa University students. All the 12,000 taxis in the city have stopped operating. Government owned buses are providing service. Many people are forced or preferred to stay home today. Others walked to work or school.

Last night, some of the AAU students who had been detained were released around Kebena area. The students were singing and chanting as people in the Kebena area greeted them with cheers. The police tried to disperse the gathering, causing a clash with the people.

Re: Taxi drivers joined students as protests spread in Ethiopia

we ethiopians here in the Netherlands are very proud of our people, students and Taxi drivers for any attempts they are doing to protect their right. hopefully victory and truth will come at the end.

Bravo Ethiopians in & out

Email: cyd0530@iss.nl

City: The Hague-Netherlands

There's fighting in Mercato with a lot of gunshots heard all the way to Tikur Anbessa. Red Cross Amblances keep on bringing wounded.

City: Addis

Great work by taxi drivers. You are really brave to show your great concern for the sudents.

There is also a roumer that the city bus also forced to stop giving service. Is there any wone who can confirm?

Email: myabyseth@yahoo.com

I am realy very glad to see such toghterness of All Ethiopians.

I am in Kazanchis and there are very big clashes between the Armed 'Meles Forces' and people around with rocks. Through shots from the Forces 2 peaceful people are killed upto now and still going on.

There will never be any force which controls us and we are always standing for our country.

Bravo Enberta.

Melake Selam D. (EOTC Priest)

Email: Daniel Sisay

City: Addis Ababa

Bravo Taxi drivers. This drivers' action took me 30 years back during which the taxi drivers revolt against the feudal regime and now history repeated it self. The Woyane regime has to face the Quencequences. One thing this regime coudn't understand is that the people of ethiopia is standing together againist him. No matter how much time it will take or no matter how much sacrifice it will ask, the people of ethiopia will win.

God bless ethiopia and its people

Email: Tsega_tedla@yahoo.com

Victory to Ethiopian people. God bless Ethiopia.

Email: G.Andargie@keh-berlin.de

City: Berlin

Still Fight in Merkato several wonded and died. Kera (Down to South Aftica Embassy) is still fight between the people and the police men.

Do you think this will be ok.

I propose to the government to let the media so that the opposition leaders will work on to calm the people rather than simple false propaganda of the EPRDF. let keep the gun with you let only the Media you will see it how this people do things peace fully.

God bless this country

Email: girmaseifu@yahoo.com

Abisynia,

The people were throwing stones on the public buses to force them stop giving service. So far there is no information on whether they cooperated or not. But there is a big clash around Merkato and Teklehaimanot area. People still protesting, though the government sent its best robocops with guns and tanks to stop the protest. There was also some shots around Commerce and Mexico area, when people blocked the road to stop the robocops from going to Merkato.

We have to be proud of our people. Well done.

VIVA! I'am happy that the taxi drivers joined their brothers and sisters. But, why are not these woyanes leave us aloooooooooooone, just alone! We are and will be good by ourselves n with the Almighty God.

I'm here to support Ethiopia and Ethiopians by all means I could.

God bless Ethiopia!

Email: samaratran@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

We true Ethiopians living abroad are so proud of our people in Ethipia. We are praying for almighty God for peaceful removal of this government and send them back to their home land Eritrea. Our brothers and sisters of Tigrians who believe in one Ethiopia should join us in this process! God Bless ETHIOPIA!!!

Email: yeshiabay@hotmail.com

City: London

I'm praying for you.

I feel so bad. I wish I am with you in Addis to fight these killer dogs.

Now i am at office and i amhearing gun shooting .my oeeice is found arund megenagna.I dont think the Government is willing and rady to answer what the people are asking.

We Ethiopians, here in Addis are along with our AAU Students and all who love their country. Though the EPRDF is trying all their best to stop the current situation we will SURVIVE & WIN!

All Ethiopians should strugle to validate our VOTE for the right PARTY ie.['Kinigit & Hibret].

PROUDLY ETHIOPIANS!

My dear fellow Ethiopians,

Your action to support and participate with the AAU students shows your solidarity and commitment. Don't be afraid to fight peacefully those who betrayed Ethiopia and Ethiopians. We must stand together to over through this savage government of Meles. All sets of his cabinet are unfit to rule Ethiopia.

God bless Ethiopia.

Email: sedjigu@hotmail.com

I wish I could participate. But I'm waiting the order to come from CUD or UEPF,
Just while i'm writing this BBC report 9people died arounf Merkato!
Ohhh I think I have to change my idea.... But what did the opposition waiting... Either they have to interfer... to stop for the time being.. or make a decision to order us!..
We are waiting pleaseeeeeeeee

Email: rebual@langoo.com

Taxi drivers mahber want no ethiopian drive car in Addis and no fly plane from outside until strike is over.... please cooporate. we fight till victry! let us unite!

People of Ethiopia are just wonderful. We waited and waited for 14 years of Meles's evil rulership. Enough is enough. One thing for the tigrean fellows: please feel free to join this movement for freedom. Meles is the son of Eritrea (Isayas's brother), who killed our young students in Mekelle in 1998. Please trust us Ethiopia is for all of us. Don't listen the Woyanes.

Dil le Ethiopia!!!

This is the right time for us to stand up for our right. Don't give up guys! Stay strong and united. We don't need a command from CUD&UDEF to stand up for our right, as I see, there won't be any. The government won't stop shooting on people whether we are peaceful or not. So Let us all support the students and the Taxi drivers. They are us, our people; Think about this; Is there anyone who doesn't have a close or far relative or a friend who is an AAU or other colleges' student? or a taxi driver or woyala? or a taxi owner? What's the feeling seeing them hurt for us, while we stayed behind? Think about it...

God bless Ethiopia and our people. May he help us through this EPRDF fabricated mess.

EPRDF is falling apart. The heros are on the road against the monster. We need to be all together fighting the monster head Meles, the son of Eritrea!!!

Tigeres, Oromos, Amaras.... stay together and get rid of them. They are provoking us to go in to ethnical war, which it will not be happnening with the help of GOD!!

The protest is still there, lets join the heros and contribute some to our country!!!!!!!!!!

EPRDF is a blind dog now, What cadries seez they do not believe it. It is time and enough. My lovely Ethiopians, the cadries are Not Ethiopians. Whatever chance the students & the taxi driveres get, must get rid off those bustards who are shooting to the inncent young people. No need of international attaintion. We had enough of them. Meles's evil doing will not go with peacefull process. It must be with action. An action which remain history forever. Life with out freedome, is not life. Our young Ethiopians lost their live everywhere because of this kind of dictatorial regime. Meles and his cadries will be defeated very shortely. for the mother's who lost their sons or doughters, They are a hiro...we will do our best to confert you.

Love you all,,,
God bless Ethiopia.

A brutal act of wilde woyanne's has become intolerable since so long a go else where in the country of course. But the problem is how much dead should we have to count before it realizes that it has totally been hated not because it belongs to a particular ethnic group but because it stood against its own country. I am not referring people like Bereket Simon, Addisu Leggese and Siyoum Mesfin whose maind setup is no more than that of robots. May Melese use his talent to safe our nation from vengeance and massacre? I do strongly belive that Melese is the only person to make difference be it for best or worst. Please do not kill inocent civilians for what you will soon regret !!!!!!

Email: cbogale@yahoo.com

City: Belgium

WE SHALL OVER COME !!
WE SHALL OVER COME !!
WE SHALL OVERCOME !!
Meles Zenawi's barbaric acts against peaceful protestors is sickening. It's a crime against humanity, and the perpetrators must face justice.

Email: ethio10@yahoo.com

It is a good start, Melese may be killing many people, but he cannot stop the people anger. This is the time for Melese to leave the country; otherwise he will be in jail with his club. I appreciate the taxi drivers action will continue the other part of Ethiopia. Do not expect from ruling party to respect the will of Ethiopian people, they wash their hands by many blood.

Email: Noah_90045@yahoo.com

City: Los Angeles

Chaltu, don't be fool. Don't expect anything good from Meles. He will not stop until he makes Ethiopia like his beloved Ruanda - i.e his main objective- the "Millenium Development Goal". But God will help Ethiopia. He is the true enemy of Ethiopia. He never been intelligent and will not be. He is just sadist who enjoys killing and mastering killings. One day he will pay it back. Shame on him! His hands are full of innocent Ethiopian blood. Right now he is at his palace praising his dogs the "Agazis" for killing several people of Addis. Imagine he is the one ordering all these. Remember, he told us at the election day that all the security forces are under his instruction.

God be with us don't worry. At last we are the winner
We are proud of the the taxi drivers and AAU students. The problem is with out sacrifying onething we can't getnot some thing.
Ethiopian peopel!!!!!!!!!!!!
please stand together please!!!!! please!!!!

Let's pray together

City: A.A

''By American support,by Israel puppy dog Ethiopian people will not be rule any longer''that was the 1974 uprising AAU slogan,today the slogan goes like this''by American support by British puppy dog(Melese)Ethiopian people will not be rule any longer'' What started almost 30yrs ago by the great AAU students movment later spread all over major cities are now seen history repeating itself.So my fellow Ethiopian let us support to those students who stood up for Ethiopian people gave the ultimate sacrifice they indeed are our heroes.I do appreciated the taxi drivers for thier support to students cause.The gut and glory of our people will be respected soon.ONE COUNTRY,ONE PEOPLE,ONE ETHIOPIA WE SHALL OVER COME,VICTORY TO OUR PEOPLE.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Thank's Taxi Drivers,AAU Students and oll ethiopian people. Ethiopia for Ethiopians.IT is time to stand togetherand and get rid of them.

LOVE YOU ALL..
V - VICTORY
GOD BLESS THHIOPIA

This is not what the CUD/UEDF leadership would enjoy. We should be led more by reasons than by gut reactions. We should buy time to consolidate our actions under the wise leadership of the opposition. This would only help the EPRDF to justify its action of carnage against members of the CUD in particular. Please remain patient until the final report of July 8 is disclosed. At this time, you are only helping the EPRDF, either with naive and immature steps or helping the regime with the deliberate purpose of staging a "political drama" that Meles is fond of composing it so well.

GOD BLESS ETHIOPIA!

Email: fantu@hotmail.com

City: Awassa

Mailing Address The White House1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NWWashington, DC 20500
Phone Numbers Comments: 202-456-1111Switchboard: 202-456-1414 FAX: 202-456-2461 TTY/TDD Comments: 202-456-6213Visitors Office: 202-456-2121
President George W. Bush: president@whitehouse.gov
Vice President Richard Cheney: vice.president@whitehouse.gov

WRITE TO PRESIDENT CLINTON:
William J. Clinton Foundation
55 West 125th St.
New York, NY 10027
CONTACT the Clinton Presidential Center or Foundation offices in Little Rock:

MEDIA ADDRESSES

US TELEVISION NETWORKS:

maureensm@ffww.com, cochs@ap.org, rvizcon@telemundo.com, evaldez@univision.net, tom.lea@nbc.com, mimi.gurbst@abc.com, diefenbach@foxnews.com, stella.dawson@reuters.com, jcohen@bloomberg.net, brian_hill@metronetworks.com, sheberer@pbs.org, mark.nelson@abc.com, virginia.moseley@abc.com, ftn@cbsnews.com, betsy.fischer@nbc.com, dibella@foxnews.com, dmedrano@telemundo.com, plorris@univision.net, abenitez@univision.net, danschiedel@kozk.pbs.org, steve.majors@nbc.com, mcurtis@njn.org, meredith.white@abc.com, gil.pimentel@abc.com, stu.schutzman@abc.com, thismorning@cbsnews.com, sundays@cbsnews.com, 48hours@cbsnews.com, jonathan.wald@nbc.com, penny.britell@abc.com, muriel.pearson@abc.com, dij@cbsnews.com, sharon.newman@abc.com, realitycheck@cbsnews.com, lisa.hsia@nbc.com, mail@uttm.com, susan.dutcher@nbc.com, dij@cbsnews.com, rod.prince@nbc.com, pjh@cbsnews.com, browne@foxnews.com, gramshaw@newshour.org, pls@cbsnews.com

MEDIA SYNDICATES:

pacnewgr@aol.com, submissions@wwmedia.net, latseditor@lats.com, latseditor@lats.com, jazzinc@jazzercise.com, cre8ors@aol.com, ecamuso@flashnews.com, iscs3assoc@aol.com, writers@seniors-site.com, bbierman@krtinfo.com, delia.rios@newhouse.com, bobdart@coxnews.com, shns@shns.com, mchnews@montereyherald.com, wilsonm@shns.com, david@demko.com, dbabe42230@aol.com, tc@sni-news.com, sports@sni-news.com, tasyn@aol.com, clavin@tribune.com, mitch@mailbag.com, feeleynews@aol.com, addup@crown.net, news@thirdage.com, entrpt@aol.com, bitst@aol.com, 3418747@mcimail.com, punchin@usa.net, mharden@dispatch.com, 102404574@compuserve.com, gwillis@atpco.com, bourjfam@mindspring.com, newsdesk@flashnews.com

UNITED KINGDOM NEWSPAPERS:

dballantine@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, sbeacom@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, ubradley@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, businesseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jcampbell@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, hcarson@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jcaruth@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, mcoleman@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, pconnolly@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jcrolly@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, mdrake@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, featureseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, bfenton@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jflanagan@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, mfoy@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, ngould@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, ggrattan@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jgrayden@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, shamill@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, g.hamilton@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, sharper@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, rhenry@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, bhunter@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, kireland@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, njohnston@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jlaverty@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, nmcadam@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jmcallister@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, lmcdowell@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, cmcgahan@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, omcguckin@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, nmckay@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, cmcmullan@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, mmillar@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, rmorton@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, dneely@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, mneill@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, newseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, msadlier@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, mscrivener@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, sportseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, jtaylor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, dtempleton@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, cthackway@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, ntilson@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, lthompson@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, cthornton@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, ktorney@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, gwalker@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, mwalsh@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, dwatson@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, twebb@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, rwinter@belfasttelegraph.co.uk, enquiries@scotsman.com, rdscott@scotsman.com, talkback@scotsman.com, arts_online@scotsman.com, business_online@scotsman.com, careers_online@scotsman.com, sport_online@scotsman.com, leisure_online@scotsman.com, heritage_online@scotsman.com, money_online@scotsman.com, motors_online@scotsman.com, property_online@scotsman.com, travel_online@scotsman.com, letters@guardian.co.uk, g.younge@guardian.co.uk, g.monbiot@zetnet.co.uk, h.young@guardian.co.uk, p.toynbee@guardian.co.uk, letters@thetimes.co.uk, insight@sunday-times.co.uk, 72360.3524@compuserve.com, atticus@sunday-times.co.uk, adams@sunday-times.co.uk, carlos.alba@sunday-times.co.uk, tampen@concentric.net, keith.anderson@sunday-times.co.uk, niall.anderson@sunday-times.co.uk, tampen@concentric.net, trushar.barot@sunday-times.co.uk, jan.battles@sunday-times.co.uk, jessica.berry@sunday-times.co.uk, steve.bevan@sunday-times.co.uk, eben.black@sunday-times.co.uk, gillian.bowditch@sunday-times.co.uk, senay.boztas@sunday-times.co.uk, zoe.brennan@sunday-times.co.uk, richard.brooks@sunday-times.co.uk, allan.brown@sunday-times.co.uk, simon.buckland@sunday-times.co.uk, declan.burke@sunday-times.co.uk, john.burns@sunday-times.co.uk, alex.butler@sunday-times.co.uk, naomi.caine@sunday-times.co.uk, matthew.campbell@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathon.carr-brown@sunday-times.co.uk, maurice.chittenden@sunday-times.co.uk, james.clark@sunday-times.co.uk, liam.clarke@sunday-times.co.uk, mel.clarke@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.clower@sunday-times.co.uk, lynn.cochrane@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.colgan@sunday-times.co.uk, deborah.collcutt@sunday-times.co.uk, marie.colvin@sunday-times.co.uk, 100754.1421@compuserve.com, peter.conradi@sunday-times.co.uk, kathryn.cooper@sunday-times.co.uk, colin.coyle@sunday-times.co.uk, simon.crerar@sunday-times.co.uk, susan.d'arcy@sunday-times.co.uk, tdawe.times@uk-net.com, sue.denham@sunday-times.co.uk, guy.dennis@sunday-times.co.uk, rachel.devine@sunday-times.co.uk, rachel.dobson@sunday-times.co.uk, roger.dobson@rbp.co.uk, mdriscoll@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.durman@sunday-times.co.uk, tom.english@sunday-times.co.uk, eglin.roger@virgin.net, john.elliott@sunday-times.co.uk, kenny.farquharson@sunday-times.co.uk, steve.farrar@sunday-times.co.uk, liam.fay@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.foley@sunday-times.co.uk, nick.fielding@sunday-times.co.uk, frankfitzgibbon@hotmail.com, johnfollain@tin.it, mark.franchetti@sunday-times.co.uk, dipesh.gadher@sunday-times.co.uk, nick.gardner@sunday-times.co.uk, jasper.gerard@the-times.co.uk, brian.glanville@sunday-times.co.uk, lisa.godson@sunday-times.co.uk, rory.godson@sunday-times.co.uk, stephengrey1@compuserve.com, jack.grimston@sunday-times.co.uk, alan.hall@sunday-times.co.uk, kirstie.hamilton@sunday-times.co.uk, edin.hamzic@sunday-times.co.uk, seanh@dial.pipex.com, john.harlow@sunday-times.co.uk, ian.hawkey@sunday-times.co.uk, mick.heaney@sunday-times.co.uk, nicholas.hellen@sunday-times.co.uk, hewson@columnist.com, rob.hughes@sunday-times.co.uk, john.humphrys@sunday-times.co.uk, humfrey.hunter@sunday-times.co.uk, will.iredale@sunday-times.co.uk, stephen.jones@sunday-times.co.uk, jas.kaminski@sunday-times.co.uk, vincent.kearney@sunday-times.co.uk, mark.keenan@sunday-times.co.uk, lucinda.kemeny@sunday-times.co.uk, rosemary.keogh@sunday-times.co.uk, india.knight@sunday-times.co.uk, jeremy.lazell@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathan.leake@sunday-times.co.uk, sue.leonard@sunday-times.co.uk, david.leppard@sunday-times.co.uk, andrew.lorenz@sunday-times.co.uk, joe.lovejoy@sunday-times.co.uk, adam.luck@sunday-times.co.uk, mark.macaskill@sunday-times.co.uk, bill.magee@sunday-times.co.uk, mideast1@netvision.net.il, elisabeth.mahoney@sunday-times.co.uk, gerry.mccarthy@sunday-times.co.uk, stephen.mcginty@sunday-times.co.uk, fiona.mchugh@sunday-times.co.uk, hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk, john.mcmanus@sunday-times.co.uk, marcello.mega@sunday-times.co.uk, emily.milich@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathan.miller@sunday-times.co.uk, phil.miller@sunday-times.co.uk, eleanor.mills@sunday-times.co.uk, john.mooney@sunday-times.co.uk, chris.morgan@sunday-times.co.uk, terry.murden@sunday-times.co.uk, colm.murphy@sunday-times.co.uk, adam.nathan@sunday-times.co.uk, dean.nelson@sunday-times.co.uk, patricia.nicol@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathan.northcroft@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.nuki@sunday-times.co.uk, ruth.o'callaghan@sunday-times.co.uk, john.o'donnell@sunday-times.co.uk, claire.oldfield@sunday-times.co.uk, dermot.o'neill@sunday-times.co.uk, judith.o'reilly@sunday-times.co.uk, shane.o'toole@sunday-times.co.uk, david.parsley@sunday-times.co.uk, parsons@cocoon.co.uk, joe.perry@sunday-times.co.uk, rpeston@csquest.com, melanie.phillips@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.prescott@sunday-times.co.uk, tom.robbins@sunday-times.co.uk, joanne.robertson@sunday-times.co.uk, lois.rogers@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.ross@sunday-times.co.uk, medb.ruane@sunday-times.co.uk, nick.rufford@sunday-times.co.uk, dominic.rushe@sunday-times.co.uk, emine.saner@sunday-times.co.uk, maeve.sheehan@sunday-times.co.uk, jenny.shields@sunday-times.co.uk, david.smith@sunday-times.co.uk, les.snowdon@sunday-times.co.uk, rupert.steiner@sunday-times.co.uk, stelzer@aol.com, david.stenhouse@sunday-times.co.uk, duncan.stewart@sunday-times.co.uk, mark.stretton@sunday-times.co.uk, louise.taylor@sunday-times.co.uk, niall.toner@newsint.co.uk, sarah.toyne@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathan.ungoed-thomas@sunday-times.co.uk, simon.veness@sunday-times.co.uk, tom.walker@sunday-times.co.uk, david.walsh@sunday-times.co.uk, denis.walsh@sunday-times.co.uk, gareth.walsh@sunday-times.co.uk, john.waples@sunday-times.co.uk, margaret.ward@sunday-times.co.uk, rosie.waterhouse@sunday-times.co.uk, stuart.wavell@sunday-times.co.uk, roland.white@sunday-times.co.uk, simon.wilde@sunday-times.co.uk, richard.wilson@sunday-times.co.uk, robert.winnett@sunday-times.co.uk, richard.woods@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.wright@sunday-times.co.uk, felicity.yates@sunday-times.co.uk, 72360.3524@compuserve.com, niall.anderson@sunday-times.co.uk, trushar.barot@sunday-times.co.uk, jan.battles@sunday-times.co.uk, eben.black@sunday-times.co.uk, senay.boztas@sunday-times.co.uk, zoe.brennan@sunday-times.co.uk, richard.brooks@sunday-times.co.uk, john.burns@sunday-times.co.uk, Jonathan jonathon.carr-brown@sunday-times.co.uk, maurice.chittenden@sunday-times.co.uk, james.clark@sunday-times.co.uk, liam.clarke@sunday-times.co.uk, deborah.collcutt@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.colgan@sunday-times.co.uk, roger.dobson@rbp.co.uk, kenny.farquharson@sunday-times.co.uk, nick.fielding@sunday-times.co.uk, dipesh.gadher@sunday-time.co.uk, nick.gardner@sunday-times.co.uk, andrew.gilligan@sunday-times.co.uk, edin.hamzic@sunday-times.co.uk, nicholas.hellen@sunday-times.co.uk, vincent.kearney@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathan.leake@sunday-times.co.uk, david.leppard@sunday-times.co.uk, adam.luck@sunday-times.co.uk, elisabeth.mahoney@sunday-times.co.uk, mark.macaskill@sunday-times.co.uk, matthew.mervyn-jones@sunday-times.co.uk, chris.morgan@sunday-times.co.uk, adam.nathan@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.nuki@sunday-times.co.uk, ruth.o'callaghan@sunday-times.co.uk, judith.oreilly@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.prescott@sunday-times.co.uk, tom.robbins@sunday-times.co.uk, lois.rogers@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.rowan@sunday-times.co.uk, nick.rufford@sunday-times.co.uk, emine.saner@sunday-times.co.uk, maeve.sheehan@sunday-times.co.uk, carey.scott@sunday-times.co.uk, jenny.shields@sunday-times.co.uk, rosie.waterhouse@sunday-times.co.uk, felicity.yates@sunday-times.co.uk, insight@sunday-times.co.uk, stephen.grey@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathan.ungoed-thomas@sunday-times.co.uk, gareth.walsh@sunday-times.co.uk, jan.battles@sunday-times.co.uk, john.burns@sunday-times.co.uk, liam.clarke@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.colgan@sunday-times.co.uk, vincent.kearney@sunday-times.co.uk, john.mooney@sunday-times.co.uk, colm.murphy@sunday-times.co.uk, ruth.o'callaghan@sunday-times.co.uk, maeve.sheehan@sunday-times.co.uk, watchdog.ireland@sunday-times.co.uk, lucy.adams@sunday-times.co.uk, carlos.alba@sunday-times.co.uk, allan.brown@sunday-times.co.uk, kenny.farquharson@sunday-times.co.uk, marcello.mega@sunday-times.co.uk, phil.miller@sunday-times.co.uk, dean.nelson@sunday-times.co.uk, joanne.robertson@sunday-times.co.uk, jenny.shields@sunday-times.co.uk, world@sunday-times.co.uk, matthew.campbell@sunday-times.co.uk, marie.colvin@sunday-times.co.uk, peter.conradi@sunday-times.co.uk, mark.franchetti@sunday-times.co.uk, StephenGrey1@compuserve.com, john.harlow@sunday-times.co.uk, mideast1@netvision.net.il, jon.swain@sunday-times.co.uk, tom.walker@sunday-times.co.uk, letters@sunday-times.co.uk, ireland@sunday-times.co.uk, scotland@sunday-times.co.uk, businessletters@sunday-times.co.uk, alex.butler@sunday-times.co.uk, nick.cain@sunday-times.co.uk, brian.glanville@sunday-times.co.uk, ian.hawkey@sunday-times.co.uk, rob.hughes@sunday-times.co.uk, stephen.jones@sunday-times.co.uk, david.lawrenson@sunday-times.co.uk, joe.lovejoy@sunday-times.co.uk, hugh.mcilvanney@sunday-times.co.uk, jim.munro@sunday-times.co.uk, jonathan.northcroft@sunday-times.co.uk, nick.pitt@sunday-times.co.uk, alasdair.reid@sunday-times.co.uk, les.snowdon@sunday-times.co.uk, louise.taylor@sunday-times.co.uk, david.walsh@sunday-times.co.uk, simon.wilde@sunday-times.co.uk, peter.wilson@sunday-times.co.uk, sportletters@sunday-times.co.uk, keith.anderson@sunday-times.co.uk, douglas.alexander@sunday-times.co.uk, simon.buckland@sunday-times.co.uk, richard.wilson@sunday-times.co.uk, alan.hunter@sunday-times.co.uk, tom.english@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.clower@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.foley@sunday-times.co.uk, denis.walsh@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.rowan@sunday-times.co.uk, peter.carbery@sunday-times.co.uk, paul.durman@sunday-times.co.uk, frankfitzgibbon@hotmail.com, rory.godson@sunday-times.co.uk, kirstie.hamilton@sunday-times.co.uk, lucinda.kemeny@sunday-times.co.uk, terry.murden@sunday-times.co.uk, david.parsley@sunday-times.co.uk, rpeston@csquest.com, dominic.rushe@sunday-times.co.uk, david.smith@sunday-times.co.uk, rupert.steiner@sunday-times.co.uk, stelzer@aol.com, mark.stretton@sunday-times.co.uk, john.waples@sunday-times.co.uk, businessletters@sunday-times.co.uk, kathryn.cooper@sunday-times.co.uk, o'donnell@sunday-times.co.uk, sarah.toyne@sunday-times.co.uk, margaret.ward@sunday-times.co.uk, robert.winnett@sunday-times.co.uk, money.matters@sunday-times.co.uk, money.ireland@sunday-times.co.uk, readersrants@sunday-times.co.uk, QandAtravel@sunday-times.co.uk, holidayclinic@sunday-times.co.uk, mel.clarke@sunday-times.co.uk, liam.fay@sunday-times.co.uk, mick.heaney@sunday-times.co.uk, rosemary.keogh@sunday-times.co.uk, shane.otoole@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.ross@sunday-times.co.uk, medb.ruane@sunday-times.co.uk, opendoors@sunday-times.co.uk, simon.crerar@sunday-times.co.uk, hewson@columnist.com, roland.white@sunday-times.co.uke, style.cook@sunday-times.co.uk, style.letters@sunday-times.co.uk, michael.winner@sunday-times.co.uk, property@sunday-times.co.uk, customerservice@tnl-classifieds-online.co.uk, mediashop@eircom.net, colin.coyle@sunday-times.co.uk, frankfitzgibbon@hotmail.com, mick.heaney@sunday-times.co.uk, housedoctor@sunday-times.co.uk, duncan.stewart@sunday-times.co.uk, niall.toner@newsint.co.uk, eglin.roger@virgin.ne, funday.times@sunday-times.co.uk, sue.castling@sunday-times.co.uk, graham.duffill@sunday-times.co.uk, suntimes@sundaytimes.co.za

UNIVERSITY JOURNALISM DEPARTMENTS:

Journalism@usm.edu BuckB44@hotmail.com Cindy.Brown@usm.edu David.Davies@usm.edu Edward.Frederick@usm.edu Arthur.Kaul@usm.edu Charles.Mayo@usm.edu Tommy.Smith@usm.edu Gene.Wiggins@usm.edu Margaret.Williams@usm.edu Johan.Yssel@usm.edu nsmith@unt.edu

UNITED STATES GOVERNORS:

governor.rowland@po.state.ct.us, governor@gov.state.ak.us, azgov@azgov.state.az.us, b.owens@state.co.us, ssnyder@state.de.us, fl_governor@eog.state.fl.us, gov@gov.state.hi.us, governor@state.il.us, tom.vilsack@igov.state.ia.us, governor@ink.org, governor@mail.state.ky.us, governor@state.me.us, governor@gov.state.md.us, GOffice@state.ma.us, governor@govoff.state.ms.us, gov.pataki@chamber.state.ny.us, governor@state.nd.us, governorkeating@email.com, rigov@gov.state.ri.us, governor@govoepp.state.sc.us, sdgov@state.sd.us, dsundquist@mail.state.tn.us, governor@state.ut.us, governor.locke@governor.wa.gov, governor@governor.state.wv.us, wisgov@gov.state.wi.us, Governor@missc.state.wy.us

UNITED NATIONS PERMENENTE MISSIONS:

afghanistan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Afghanistan), albania@un.int (Permanent Mission of Albania), algeria@un.int (Permanent Mission of Algeria), andorra@un.int (Permanent Mission of Andorra ), agoun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of Angola), antigua@un.int (Permanent Mission of Antigua and Barbuda), argentina@un.int (Permanent Mission of Argentina), armenia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Armenia), australia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Australia), austria@un.int (Permanent Mission of Austria), azerbaijan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Azerbaijan), bhsun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of the Bahamas), bahrain@un.int (Permanent Mission of Bahrain), bangladesh@un.int (Permanent Mission of Bangladesh), barbados@un.int (Permanent Mission of Barbados), belarus@un.int (Permanent Mission of Belarus), belgium@un.int (Permanent Mission of Belgium), belize@un.int (Permanent Mission of Belize), benin@un.int (Permanent Mission of Benin), bhutan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Bhutan), bolivia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Bolivia), bosnia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Bosnia and Herzegovina), botswana@un.int (Permanent Mission of Botswana), braun@delbrasonu.org (Permanent Mission of Brazil), Darussalam brnun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of Brunei ), bulgaria@un.int (Permanent Mission of Bulgaria), burkinafaso@un.int (Permanent Mission of Burkina Faso), burundi@un.int (Permanent Mission of Burundi), cambodia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Cambodia), cmrun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of Cameroon), canada@un.int (Permanent Mission of Canada), cpvun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of Cape Verde), caf@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Central African Republic), chad@un.int (Permanent Mission of Chad), chile@un.int (Permanent Mission of Chile), chnun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of China), columbia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Colombia), comun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of Comoros), congo@un.int (Permanent Mission of Congo), costarica@un.int (Permanent Mission of Costa Rica), ivorycoast@un.int (Permanent Mission of Cote d'Ivoire), croatia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Croatia), cuba@un.int (Permanent Mission of Cuba), cyprus@un.int (Permanent Mission of Cyprus), Republic czechrepublic@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Czech), drcongo@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Democratic Republic of Congo), denmark@un.int (Permanent Mission of Denmark), djibouti@nyct.net (Permanent Mission of Djibouti), dominica@un.int (Permanent Mission of Dominica), dr@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Dominican Republic), ecuador@un.int (Permanent Mission of Ecuador), egypt@un.int (Permanent Mission of Egypt), elsalvador@un.int (Permanent Mission of El Salvador), Guinea guinea@un.int (Permanent Mission of Equatorial), eritrea@un.int (Permanent Mission of Eritrea), estonia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Estonia), ethiopia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Ethiopia), fiji@un.int (Permanent Mission of Fiji), finland@un.int (Permanent Mission of Finland), france@un.int (Permanent Mission of France), gabon@un.int (Permanent Mission of Gabon), gambia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Gambia), georgia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Georgia), germany@un.int (Permanent Mission of Germany), ghana@un.int (Permanent Mission of Ghana), greece@un.int (Permanent Mission of Greece), grenada@un.int (Permanent Mission of Grenada), guatemala@un.int (Permanent Mission of Guatemala), guinea@un.int (Permanent Mission of Guinea), guinea-bissau@un.int (Permanent Mission of Guinea-Bissau), guyana@un.int (Permanent Mission of Guyana), haiti@un.int (Permanent Mission of Haiti), honduras@un.int (Permanent Mission of Honduras), hungary@un.int (Permanent Mission of Hungary), islun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of Iceland), india@un.int (Permanent Mission of India), indonesia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Indonesia), iraq@un.int (Permanent Mission of Iraq), ireland@un.int (Permanent Mission of Ireland), israel.un@israelfm.org (Permanent Mission of Israel), italy@un.int (Permanent Mission of Italy), jamaica@un.int (Permanent Mission of Jamaica), japan@un.int Permanent Mission of Japan, jordan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Jordan), kazakhstan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Kazakhstan), kenya@un.int (Permanent Mission of Kenya), dprk@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Dem. People's Republic of Korea), korea@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Republic of Korea), kuwait@un.int (Permanent Mission of Kuwait), kyrgyzstan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Kyrgyzstan), laos@un.int (Permanent Mission of Lao P. Dem. Republic), lvaun@undp.org (Permanent Mission of Latvia), lebanon@un.int (Permanent Mission of Lebanon), lesotho@un.int (Permanent Mission of Lesotho), liberia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Liberia), libya@un.int (Permanent Mission of Libya), liechtenstein@un.int (Permanent Mission of Liechtenstein), lithuania@un.int (Permanent Mission of Lithuania), luxembourg@un.int (Permanent Mission of Luxembourg), macedonia@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia), madagascar@un.int (Permanent Mission of Madagascar), malawi@un.int (Permanent Mission of Malawi), malaysia@un.int ( Permanent Mission of Malaysia), maldives@un.int (Permanent Mission of Maldives), mali@un.int (Permanent Mission of Mali), malta@un.int (Permanent Mission of Malta), marshallislands@un.int (Permanent Mission of Marshall Islands), mauritania@un.int (Permanent Mission of Mauritania), mauritius@un.int (Permanent Mission of Mauritius), mexico@un.int (Permanent Mission of Mexico), micronesia@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Federated States of Micronesia), moldova@un.int (Permanent Mission of Moldova), monaco@un.int (Permanent Mission of Monaco), mongolia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Mongolia), morocco@un.int (Permanent Mission of Morocco), mozambique@un.int (Permanent Mission of Mozambique), myanmar@un.int (Permanent Mission of Myanmar), namibia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Namibia), nepal@un.int (Permanent Mission of Nepal), netherlands@un.int ( Permanent Mission of Netherlands), newzealand@un.int (Permanent Mission of New Zealand), nicaragua@un.int (Permanent Mission of Nicaragua), niger@un.int (Permanent Mission of Niger), nigeria@un.int (Permanent Mission of Nigeria), norway@un.int (Permanent Mission of Norway), oman@un.int (Permanent Mission of Oman), pakistan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Pakistan), palau@un.int (Permanent Mission of Palau), panama@un.int (Permanent Mission of Panama), png@un.int ( Permanent Mission of Papua New Guinea), paraguay@un.int (Permanent Mission of Paraguay), peru@un.int (Permanent Mission of Peru), philippines@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Philippines), poland@un.int (Permanent Mission of Poland), portugal@un.int (Permanent Mission of Portugal), qatar@un.int (Permanent Mission of Qatar), romania@un.int (Permanent Mission of Romania), rwanda@un.int (Permanent Mission of Rwanda), rusun@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Russian Federation), samoa@un.int (Permanent Mission of Samoa), sanmarino@un.int (Permanent Mission of San Marino), stp@un.int (Permanent Mission of Sao Tome and Principe), saudiarabia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Saudi Arabia), senegal@un.int (Permanent Mission of Senegal), seychelles@un.int (Permanent Mission of Seychelles), sierraleone@un.int (Permanent Mission of Sierra Leone), singapore@un.int (Permanent Mission of Singapore), slovakia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Slovakia), slovenia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Slovenia), solomonislands@un.int (Permanent Mission of Solomon Islands), somalia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Somalia), southafrica@un.int (Permanent Mission of South Africa), spain@un.int (Permanent Mission of Spain), srilanka@un.int (Permanent Mission of Sri Lanka), stkn@un.int (Permanent Mission of St. Kitts and Nevis), stlucia@un.int (Permanent Mission of St. Lucia), stvg@un.int (Permanent Mission of St. Vincent & the Grenadines), sudan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Sudan), suriname@un.int (Permanent Mission of Suriname), swaziland@un.int (Permanent Mission of Swaziland), sweden@un.int (Permanent Mission of Sweden), syria@un.int (Permanent Mission of the Syrian Arab Republic), tajikistan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Tajikistan), thailand@un.in (Permanent Mission of Thailand), togo@un.int (Permanent Mission of Togo), tto@un.int (Permanent Mission of Trinidad and Tobago), tunisia@un.int (Permanent Mission of Tunisia), turkey@un.int (Permanent Mission of Turkey), turkmenistan@un.int (Permanent Mission of Turkmenistan), uganda@un.int (Permanent Mission of Uganda), ukraine@un.int (Permanent Mission of Ukraine), uae@un.int (Permanent Mission of the

Email: ethio10@yahoo.com

I just heard on NPR that 20 people killed in Ethiopia. My heart is aching for those who lost their lives. I can't even emagine what their families are going through. I didn't know Meles's hero was Mengestu. He is following his foot steps. I hate Meles for what he is doing to our brothers and sisters. Last night I saw a program on ABC about Brad Pit trying to help the Ethiopian children. Meles him self could have given a lot of help for those orphones who lost their families due to aids, instead of wasting money on bullets to kill inocent people.

Pray for all Ethiopians. We have suffered too much. If we stand together we will overcome this horoble tragedy.

City: chicago

I have now fully understand why Meles and his staff were teaching us about the Ruandese "Interhamwe" during the election campaign. They did it today in Addis. Normally Ethiopian soldiers speak different languages and can still communicate one another. Today, stupid Meles brought special forces who only speak and understand Tigrigna language (Agaazi)and then order them to kill everyone in Addis who couldn't speak Tigrigna (because if one beg them in Tigrigna not to kill him/her (to pass him/her) they wouldn't do it).

Is there anything that can define Inter hamwe better than this act. Look the so called progressive leader of Africa and one of the Commissioners of Africa commission hand-picked by PM Tony Blair is a number one racist and fascist. Shame on him.

Meles is a serial killer. He has been doing it all his life. Look those savage Agazis how they serve the blood trusty Meles. He enjoys it. He should be put in jail. He can't lead a country and he shouldn't be left un attended in the society. He is sick and can't stop killing.
The world is changed. No one go free killing innocent people. Melese should be taken to criminal court. How he is left free killing those innocent people.
Ethiopians all over the world are ready to do everything they can. Our legal experts have to do some research and take a legal action on those Meleses special forces who committed the crime. For all our struggle finance is crucial. Let us contribute what we can. We can do it in group and send to the oppostions' bank account.

Email: abebe@hotmail.com

City: DC

Thank you Taxi Drivers! You stood up when your country needs you and you have done your part. I am also confident that you will continue to defy the brutal Woyane and its thugs. Now, let the others follow your lead and there should be leadership for more organized revolt against the tyrannical Woyane regime. Remember, rebellion to tyrant is obedience to God!

Victory to the Ethiopian People!

Victory to my brothers and sisters!

No turning back!

Aluta Continua! Tigulu Yiqetilal!

Email: taleqe@yahoo.com

City: Ethiopian

Dear All I got this news.. from Google News search Engine... I just want to know how much is it tru
Shops in Ethiopia’s capital were largely closed Thursday morning and taxi drivers remained on strike following deadly riots and government warnings that any more civil unrest would be dealt with sternly.

Ethiopian security forces opened fire on stone-throwing protesters in the capital on Wednesday, leaving at least 22 people dead, the government said. EU observers said some opposition politicians have been placed under house arrest following the government’s victory in last month’s election.

A senior member of the opposition United Ethiopian Democratic Forces was being held in his office by police and the top two leaders of the opposition Coalition for Unity and Democracy were under police surveillance, officials said Thursday. Five office workers for the coalition were arrested, party members said, and the Ethiopian Human Rights Commission said two of their investigators were missing.

Taxi drivers and shop owners in the Ethiopian capital had gone on strike Wednesday, after two days of protests that mainly involved students.

The government said police were allowed to use any means necessary to quell disturbances and that taxi and private bus drivers who did not work faced criminal charges.

Nevertheless, taxi and private bus drivers remained on strike for a second day, forcing those who did go to work to walk.

The government said 22 people were killed and 40 injured in Wednesday’s violence. At one hospital in the capital, four of the 11 bodies seen by an Associated Press reporter had gunshot wounds to the head.

The elections were seen as a test of Prime Minister Meles Zenawi’s commitment to reform his sometimes authoritarian regime. The protests have broken out despite a ban on demonstrations imposed immediately after the May 15 legislative election.

The U.S. government has touted Meles as a progressive African leader and a key partner in the war on terror; U.S. troops have even trained with Ethiopian troops that patrol the porous border with Somalia.

Meles has also played a role on British Prime Minister Tony Blair’s Commission on Africa, which has made recommendations to G-8 countries on how to help this continent.

But the violence threatens to destabilize Ethiopia, one of the poorest countries in the world, as well as raising doubts about the government’s commitment to democracy and human rights.

Ethiopia’s opposition won more than 80 percent of the vote in the capital last month, but the government claimed victory based on results in rural areas. Opposition parties say there was widespread fraud and intimidation, charges the ruling party denies.

The head of the EU observer mission said Wednesday that some opposition politicians had been placed under house arrest.

‘‘The mission has conveyed to the government its condemnation of the home arrests and other harassment and threatening measures imposed on the opposition,’’ said Ana Gomes.

The shooting Wednesday began after the army’s special forces arrived at the central business district where protesters were throwing stones.

One wounded man lying on a hospital trolley after emergency treatment said police shot at peaceful protesters.

‘‘The police were running at the crowd, firing shots. I got shot in my leg,’’ said the 22-year-old day laborer who identified himself by one name, Getu. ‘‘I was just trying to get home to avoid the trouble.’’

Gomes, who visited one of the hospitals, said that while there was some looting, ‘‘many of the injured, mostly by gunshot wounds and including women and children, claim they were shot at random by security forces while waiting for public transportation.’’

She called for the prosecution of anyone found to have used excessive force. The minister of information, who is also the ruling party spokesman, said the opposition was behind the protests.

‘‘Today, some of their followers — and some who wanted to use this opportunity for looting — have gathered in some parts of Addis and disrupted the smooth functioning of life. So the government had to use the anti-riot police to resolve the situation,’’ Bereket Simon said.

He said seven buses were destroyed and civilian cars were attacked and businesses and banks were damaged. Bereket rejected claims the police used excessive force. The two main opposition groups issued a joint statement demanding an end to the violence.

‘‘These murderous acts have resulted in the killing and wounding of a large number of innocent Addis Ababa citizens,’’ the statement said. ‘‘The responsibility for these atrocities lay solely with the government and ruling party.’’

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia Shops in Ethiopia’s capital were largely closed Thursday morning and taxi drivers remained on strike following deadly riots and government warnings that any more civil unrest would be dealt with sternly.

Ethiopian security forces opened fire on stone-throwing protesters in the capital on Wednesday, leaving at least 22 people dead, the government said. EU observers said some opposition politicians have been placed under house arrest following the government’s victory in last month’s election.

A senior member of the opposition United Ethiopian Democratic Forces was being held in his office by police and the top two leaders of the opposition Coalition for Unity and Democracy were under police surveillance, officials said Thursday. Five office workers for the coalition were arrested, party members said, and the Ethiopian Human Rights Commission said two of their investigators were missing.

Taxi drivers and shop owners in the Ethiopian capital had gone on strike Wednesday, after two days of protests that mainly involved students.

The government said police were allowed to use any means necessary to quell disturbances and that taxi and private bus drivers who did not work faced criminal charges.

Nevertheless, taxi and private bus drivers remained on strike for a second day, forcing those who did go to work to walk.

Email: rshemsu@yahoo.com

I agree with the statement by one of our members saying that the government should let the opposition party use the media to calm things down. If things continue the way they are going, Ethiopia is going to be back to a military rule. "It will be like letting the dergue rise up from the dead". It is easy for us tha are abroad to say that we are with people. I hate to say this but that is not true. We are not out there being shot at,we are actually at our computers posting messages. I say that we should all be patient. The opposition party has said that they haven't called the strike, so whoever is instigating the strike may be using this as an advnatge to his/her personal gain. One can't fight guns with stones. Let's be realistic. No more blood shed.

Email: jbeyene@hotmail.com

City: los angeles

Good news for all fellow Ethiopians, very sad news for woyane and its jeles, though.
Tony Blair, who is one of the main, so called friend of Killer Meles is under pressure from both the media, charity group led by Sir Bob Geldof and the opposition conservative party to do some thing about the situation in Ethiopia.
To day channel 4 TV has given a major coverage on the massacre, which Meles’s special force has perpetuated on our brothers and sisters. In the same news Sir Bob Geldof said, I quote
“ 'Grow up!' Geldof tells Ethiopian leader…..

Sir Bob Geldof has slammed the Ethiopian leader for the shooting of demonstrators in Addis Abbaba on the day he launched a paperback edition of the Africa Commission report on aid, trade and debt.

On Channel 4 News at noon, he criticised the Ethiopian leader Meles Zanawi for violence which left dead 22 people who were protesting against the election result.
He said: "Spare me, what are they doing? It is pathetic. I despair, I really despair.

"No doubt, I'll get a briefing from the Ethiopian embassy: 'it wasn't like this, it was like that'. Grow up, they make me puke.

"I know those people, Meles Zanawi is a seriously clever man, what is he doing? What is he doing closing down radio stations, and journalists and that, it's a disgrace. Behave."

In the same channel the British External Economic Secretary addressed a news conference where he said that Meles’s regime is taking Ethiopia 50 years back,,, if he starts to shoot innocent people on the street, how can he be different from Derg? Now they are opening there eyes and start seeing the true colour of Meles, which we Ethiopians know.
He can’t hide himself any more. Please send e-mail to Tony Blair, Jack Straw, Channel 4 News, Sir Bob Geldof, The Shadow Foreign Secretary & BBC news.

In a separate development the shadow foreign secretary has written to Mr Jack Straw, the Foreign Secretary, requesting to expel Mr Meles Zenaw from the African commission. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Believe me it will happen, he will be expelled not only from the African Commission but also from our beloved Ethiopia.

This are very good news for Ethiopians. We suspected before, and now we know that Melese staged this election, not because he believes in democracy and ready to give power to the people, but simply as a PR exercise and a means of getting more aid and image from his Western bosses. If based on these and other pressures, Blair distances him self from this killer, Bush will soon follow, then were else can he go? Oh gosh may be Dedebit or Eritrea for that matter, why not? Oh ya!!!!!!!! Yes he can go there, after all that is where he belongs in the first place.

To keep the momentum,tomorrow starting from 4.00pm, we Ethiopians residing in the Uk will be demonstrating in front of Toney Blair’s office and White Hall. After that we will be going to the BBC and hold a vigil as we believe that BBC hasn’t so far given enough coverage as the other channels.

Please let us keep united and drive this criminal woyane out of our country. His time is up and we Ethiopians can’t afford to give him five more minutes let alone five more years. We have plenty of brave Ethiopians, who can lead us to prosperity and harmony instead of killing, self destruction and disintegration.

GOD BLESS ETHIOPIA AND ITS PEOPLE

Ejole Bale

Email: bnamillion@hotmail.com

City: England

It has been an hour since I came back from DC. White house protest......I can gurantee the Ethiopian people we are determined to bring down the tyranny...... At the protest there were thousands of protesters.....All Ethiopians have been making a defening Scream calling BUSH to save our people.... posters and photo picture of murdered inocent Ethiopians were shown to the Americans who were passing by the white house......Meles is murderer, Bush call meles now, tell him to stop killing, meles has to go, No more meles, Agazi Soldier, Federal police fashist.......and many more slogans were being by chants by thousands of Ethiopians.

Save Ethiopia'

Uhmm! Yeshi or whatever ur real name is. Puuhhleeeesssses!!! Eritrea? Give yourself a friggin break. Your Cadres are Your Own. Leave us alone. I thought they themselves were who made leave ppl like me who believed Ethiopia was my country. Take care of your own **** now. Men Aynet Telewawach Hizb new bekrestos. And now you want to connect this with Eritrea? Could you please find another lame excuse? and Give us a break. Duh!

For the one whonever understands the rule of the game and the princiles of democracy there is always a solution. Anyone who violets the rules of the country will be under the rule of force. Everyone who violets the law will find himself/herself somewhere in the hell. Our government has the responsibility to keep the peace and stability of the residents. "yegebeya girigir le'leba yamechal". Everybody is worried about the dead young men who doesn't know the hidden agenda of the CUD but they will not be away from the law.
Bravo EPRDF for securing our peace......no need taxi we will walk and work!

Email: askalech@yahoo.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22086254@N00/18490049/htt

Askalech/Asku, whatever you call your name. What's happening in Ethiopia now is not about CUD or other opposition party (if your head functions properly); it's about Ethiopian's getting tired of the tiranny. Anyway, it's difficult to make understand dumb people like you. Because you are not different from the evilly programmed robocops.

By the way, we will see how much you will hold walking to your work without transport. Or is your gov. offers a special charter for his supporters? May be, who knows? That's what we've learned from the past.

With or without the opposition parties, there will soon be peace in Ethiopia and you animals will for sure be sent to your jungle.

Cheers.

It is the capacity of your mind to think of you as the only Ethiopian who belong to that land.....that is the way many has followed and entered in to the hell. We students have never protested except some clicks of CUD. Mr. PBP let your mind work in the spirit of democracy. America has told to your arogant leaders that legitmacy and democracy should come first ...beyond that the rule of law should govern. for the one like you who mixes the book of rights and obligations......the book of force easily solves it.
You know the amharic quatation "Yahiya siga medeb bilut ......." yibalal.

Email: askalech@yahoo.com

WAW WAW!!!!!

That is fine. Others who has the capacity should join them for their independence and future security and stability.

I feel all life except a few is endangered under Meles regime in Ethiopia not officially but underground. This tactic seems become old enough after 14 years stay.

I was appreciating Meles. Now I can see that he is not capable leading a country with out force.

Praying at Mosque and Churches banned in Ethiopia. Surprising, how the ruling party is so criminal and ignorant for his people. That clearly demonstrates TPLF/EPRDF is not standing for the people. They are a losers!!!!

I sow the mad Bereket’s picture on the home page. I think he is dead at his stand.

Email: kuratekere@yahoo.com

City: Ambo