Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The rule of law

The recent development in Ethiopia might escalate and lead to bloodshed and I think the CUD should share the blame for it.
If the opposition party real cared for the people then they would have known that any tension or civil disobbedience will cause some to get hurt and others to get killed. The opposition should have exausted all the legal avenues before sacrificing the young students. I know you probably thinking of me as an EPRDF supporter, I am not but if you don't ask yoursefl critical questions of each and every party that preaches to have the majic plan, then you are naive.
Canada's federal system was established after so many years of trial and error. The CUD guys are a bunch of old guys and I really doubt it they will be any defferent from the Meles government. What we need is a relative stability that will help flourish the next generation of Ethiopian leaders, young and selfless and that believe in cooperation not violance.

Thanks.
Nina

Email: nina@hotail.com

City: Ottawa

Re: The rule of law

EPRDF thank you for killing my aunt today in broad daylight. Sorry Nina, I totally disagree with you. The only thing you can blame the opposition is for standing up for the vote of the Ethiopian people to be respected. If you think that is a crime then you and I share different values.

The killing machines of EPRDF are shoting at people randomly. Do not sit there and think EPRDF is like any political party. It's a gang of murderers. DOWN WITH EPRDF!

I dont think at this moment any rational being stands pro of Woyane. Please start to think with ur head instead of ur ass.

City: Addis Ababa

Thanks Nina!
Some folks out there can not understand the truth unless they are told 1000 times. Keep up the good job Nina.

Mr. Shashiga

Email: dsgnews@yahoo.com

City: NoCity

How in the world you shift the blame?
The only responsble party for this crime is EPRP and only EPRP.
Did They have to use a gun? They could have spray water or tear gas to disperse the crowd, if it had to come to that. Not shooting them on the head!!
Meles had a chance to improve the lives of all Ethiopians for fourteen years. He has failed.
What kind of democracy is that trying to rule for more than fourteen years? Even in USA, the most powerful country in the world the presedent can only lead for eight years.
It is time for fresh ideas. We need a new leader!!

I meant EPRDF. I am so angry, I can't even think.
sorry about that.

The rule of law...what a bluff

It is a pity that NINA asserts that what is happening in ADDIS is the fault of CUD. What a bluff on the people of Ethiopia. Nina, how much are you paid by Ato Bereket to disseminate such a white lie...huh.

We are burning in side out here. What ever happens Meles and its entourage cannot escape and they would pay for whatever they have done to the poor people of Ethiopia!!!

Dil Le sefiw hizb!!!!
Mot Le Woyane!!!!!

Email: falew@yahoo.com

City: Finfinne

In contrary to the majority of the readers here, some of them simply naive, I strongly support Nina's view.

First, we have to acknowledge that all parties involved must share the responsibility in the preservation of peace until the announcement of the final election results.

If there are any pressing issues at this time, it must be weighed in terms of the potential consequences to our innocent people.

Thus, the opposition parties, particularly the CUD, must behave wisely while dealing with the current government in power and show respect to the Election Board, even it is an evil one. CUD leaders know, more than anything, the attitude of the EPRDF regime.

Such a wise move not only prevents the loss of lives in our poor people but also helps the country move forward to realize the little gains of the elections.

Respect!

Shashiga

Email: dsgnews@yahoo.com

City: NoCity

Nina is entitled to her opinion. Why is it that when a person gives his/her opinion putting CUD on the blame chair he/she is associated with the EPRDF. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Are we to just take a side and stick to it? Where is the democracy in that? Nina thumbs up. Keep in mind that Nina didn't side with any political party. Let's not be close minded

Email: jbeyene@hotmail.com

City: los angeles

Yonie, Don't you think CUD is entitled to their opinions too. They are not the ones who killed innocent people. The blame should go to the killers.

I do see your point. Yes EPRDF was the one that did the killing. Was it justified? No, I am sure there may have been other ways to subdue the crowd. But lets not forget that we don't have the entire fact to this incident. Yes, we here that the demonstration was held by concerned citizens and not CUD. I have also heard that members of CUD not upper governing body instigated the riot. Who is to say. You know it is hard to sit abroad and start pointing fingers. Yes along with EPRDF, there should be another party responsible for the death of the innocent people. I am sure you would agree with me when I say that there are people that use such an occasion to disrupt the peaceful daily of the ETHIOPIAN people. What we should look forward to is to get to a point where this killing has to be stopped. I don't think any more people should be robbed of their future

Yonie,

Please read the press release that CUD distributed on June 8. They disassociated themselves from the demonstration and said that we need to wait CUD's legal challenge of the allged vote rigging runs its course.

The EU and the Carter Center said that their observers reported the security forces used unjustified the crowed. Also remember the demonstrators did not start throwing stones until the second day. In the first day there was peaceful demonstration, yet the buchers of Addis murdered the people.

The bottom line is that EPRDF is a criminal government and the world has said so. Nani's problem is that she tried to blame the innocent party for demanding their right.

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

CUD issuing a press release doesn't specifically mean that there was no involvement by any member. Like I said the governing body might tell its mebers to abide by the law, but it doesn't mean that all of them will. It is people that are after personal interest that instigate such things. we have to be open minded. Its good to look at it from different directions.

Yonie,

I thought the fight was for democracy, to have the right to organize, to exchange ideas, to debate, to have freedom of a press, certainly not to be muzzled and killed. My friend if you live in fear every time you express your opinon to be jailed or killed, that is not democracy that is communism. Then why bother to have election.