Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
David vs Goliath? -- Al Amoudi vs. Mirchaw

David vs Goliath?

June 6, 2005
ethiopianreview.com

WASHINGTON DC: Gozillionaire businessman Sheik Al Aamoudi is suing a local Ethiopian radio host for every penny he has. The Sheik claims that Ato Mirchaw Sinishaw, host of Etiopiawinet Radio, an Amharic language radio program in Washington DC, has defamed him, his family and religion. Al Amoudi hired the best lawyers in the US money can buy to make sure that after all is said and done, Ato Mirchaw will be left with only the shirt in his back.

Two weeks ago, Al Amoudi's lawyers went after the radio station that was carrying Mirchaw's radio program and succeeded in shutting him down. The sheik doesn't want to leave it there. He is now going after Mirchaw personally to teach others a lesson.

During this past weekend, Al Amoudi's agents in DC bought air time on radio stations in the Washington DC area and threatened that any one who dares criticize their boss will face the same danger of being dragged to court by million dollar lawyers.

Ato Mirchaw, no matter his weaknesses, is a truly patriotic Ethiopian who has been involved in every major public activity in the Washington DC area for the past several years to expose the Meles regime to the international community. Because Mirchaw spends most of his time serving his community, he has a very limited financial income. Now he is facing in court Al Amoudi's dream team lawyers, the mention of whose names sends chills down the spines of giant corporations.

Fearing similar action, none of the other Ethiopian radio programs were willing to come to the defense of Ato Mirchaw over the weekend. They are not to be blamed, because he has the financial power to shut all of them down one by one. To be on the safe side, one of the radio programs, in fact, has been pouring down a barrage of insults on not only Ato Mirchaw, but the whole Ethiopian community, while excessively praising the all-powerful sheik. Ato Negussie had nothing left to say except to call the billionaire sheik "The Almighty."

Re: David vs Goliath? -- Al Amoudi vs. Mirchaw

I think this guy spends too much time with the EPRDF gov't. He is even using their style to use force for any problem he face. One thing I can say is the Ethiopian people know what they want and will not not be bought by any amount of money. I will pray to God to help Mirchaw pass this and hear his reasuring voice on radio again.

City: va

Hey: You won't hear me say nothing about nothing.

i think it would be better to keep the temper at a minimum,,, my understanding is that that the shaik almudin got him self carried away with the election fever, as a citizen by birth, and as granted by the conistitition, my immprestion is that he was merly using his right as a citizen, so is every one,,,,i do not see the productive side of this insult and rehitoric back and forth,,,,it's my sincer hope that people will not west so much time on nine critical issue like that of the almoudin issue, which divert the attaintion from the current regime we all fight to get rid off
God Bless Ethiopia and The PEOPLE
Thank You
ethio_anbesa

Email: ethio_anbesa@hotmail.com

City: seattle,wa

You guy`s are full of confusion & hate. you use every thing to please your Boss Hailu shawol--Berhanu Nega..
through the nameEthiopia review & use this---www.cudreview.com......
MAFERIA HULLA

The Ethiopian people are tested both by man made and nature caused problems. They have passed all of them despite the enormous sacrifices made. They are now being tested by the disgusted Weyanes and their allies. The Woyanes are now joined by a bilionare who forced "Ethiopiawinet radio" to close down, at least temporarily. Ethiopianes are now united and stronger than ever. They will never be prey to such groups and individuals. They know how to fight back. If Al Amoudi thought that he can buy Ethiopians for his money, then he is absolutely wrong. Ehiopians appreciated him thinking that he was a true Ethiopian that loved the people. Ethiopians want to solve their problems through hard work and not by falling on Al Amoudi´s knee. They prefer to live in poverty than on the mercy the greedy rich man. It is now our responsibility to stand on the side of Ato Mirchaw and give him all the support he deserves and we will do that. I am amazed by other radio stations who have kept quite in fear of the rich man. This should be condemned. How would such radio stations react if they were in Ethiopia and in the hands of Wayanes? Were they to use the same reasoning. After all they live in democratic land. reasoning not to criticise Woyane? They should be ashemed!!!

The people will win!!!

Email: arnet@bonetmail.com

AL-Amoudi weights 60pc of Ethiopia’s total FDI

Economic Report on Africa 2002. The report, launched by the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) on Tuesday July 16, indicates that FDI accounted for 20pc of the country's total investment during the stated period, including private and public domestic investments, totaling 71.85 billion Br.

The figures include only the projects that have commenced operations.

The report says that Sheik Al- amoudi's investment arm -Midroc Ethiopia- and its subsidiaries account for the majority of Saudi- Owned foreign investments. Based on the report's indicators, Sheik Al-Amoudi's direct investments in Ethiopia would be estimated to the tune of 8.7 billion Br, 30pc of which (2.6 billion Br) was spent for acquiring various enterprises that were sold through the privatization process.

Around one billion Birr spent for building Sheraton Addis, l00 million dollars investments in Pharmacure's drug manufacturing plant and setting up a nursing college; 350 million Br allocated for Nani Building; and sizable investments in construction, soft drinks, paper and corrugated iron sheet manufacturing companies, and real estate, are among the prominent projects that the Sheik is investing in.

European Union member states have been the second largest source of FDI next to Saudi Arabia, providing 30pc of the total foreign investment capital.

Ethiopians living abroad have considerably contributed in the rest of the FDI, according to the economic report.

Private domestic investment has the lion's share in the country's total investment with 46.16 billion Br (64.3pc), followed by FDI, which made up 20.3pc of the overall investments. Public domestic investment come third accounting 15.4pc of total investments.

According to the report, FDI has been increasing steadily since 1992 economic reforms, peaking to 59pc of the total investments in 1997/98, up from two per cent in 1995/96.

This sharp increase in FDI flow, however, started tumbling steeply at the breakout of the two-year border conflict, falling to 31.8pc in 1998/99 and further shrinking to 9.9pc in the following year.

ECA’s report notes that although some progress has been registered in FDI compared to the previous regime, barring foreign investors from participating in important areas of the economy, including banking, insurance, broadcasting and printing, coupled with weak infrastructure, have considerably contributed in undermining FDI flow into the country.

Ethiopia receives the least amount of foreign investment capital compared to FDI flows to other developing nations, the report stated.

I pray to Mr. Mirchaw. Dear Shiek go back to wherever the hell you come from & leave us alone. Ethiopia is not for sale. Ofcourse you have been given an easy access to her for the past 15 years but that'll change soon. History will repeat itself! I'm disgusted by you & all those people who kiss you ugly fat a*s.

Email: africaismyhome@hotmail.com

City: Roma

I am always dreaming pease, stability and security and respect for all ethiopian people. I usually hate making diefferences among people, ethnics and rural and urban like EPRDF. This is the most rubish and usless propaganda of the ruling party EPRDF.

I read the current issue of Sheik Al Aamoudi. I am fully against with that issue. If you are a genuine and positive person and thinking for Ethiopian people you can dump such issue. Please don't always polarize things.

What I know and the Ethiopian people and families know very well is that Sheik Al Aamoudi never and ever can be a number one ditructive and enemy of Ethiopia. For me a number one distructive and enemy for Ethiopia is EPRDF. Please take care don´t mix up and confuesed things.

Tahnks

Email: kuratekere@yahoo.com

City: Ambo

The truth will prevail. God Almighty is always with the oppressed and as He only is the Father of Truth, He will help the people! Ato Mirchaw may be temporarily stumped by people whose heart have been inebriated by money or power of both. The Truth is that there will be many more Mirchaws who will mushroum to express what is really happening in Ethiopia.
Who, in Addis Ababa and its surrounding, does not know what Sheikh is doing to young handsome boys? Ethiopian culture used to consider "..." as a taboo. Is he not the one who is trying to make it an accepted culture, through pouring his wealth? And thanks to the cover by the current government? Don't even go into the topic of other corruption, witchcraft, etc... Therefore, it would surprise one if Sheikh would not have supported the government/rulling party!
HOWEVER, THE TRUTH WILL NOT BE BURRIED FOREVER!
We pray for Ato Mirchaw and all the other fellows in the same situation!
We pray for our beloved Ethiopia!

Email: shalom@hotmail.com

City: hebron

hi,let me tell u something,frist of all almudin hasn't done anything to ethiopia ,he just bought most public companys ,so what, he only opend few company's,is it?
he never helped for hiv cares nor ehiopia strved people.
he is ullerly ignorant and just wants fame by giving money to signers and sex.i know him in london very well.if u bring him any woman he pays $15000.one of my friend ben asked by himself and she declined it.we oll ethiopia should open our eyes widely. he is an evil luring our innoent woman.ethiopi women should be respected. go to hell almudin and leave mr nirchaw,one day u will be dragged in meske square,we ethiopia never colonaiseid by arm and money. we hate u so much ,if u ask anyone the answer is time will talk,it really a matter of time. mr mirchaw told us the truth so don't acusse him if u do u are acuuse the whole ethiopia.and one day you will regeted.clearly u are a drunk man i saw many times myself.....u should apologize to all of us ,specaily mr mirchawa ...

City: london

I am wiz Mr Mirchaw

Mr. barcho,

I think you know nothing about Ethiopia and almudin. You are ill minded.
Don't waist your time

Email: kuratekere@yahoo.com

City: Ambo

AlHamoudi is the greatest patriot and benefactor of Ethiopia whose dedication and true love for his country is bearing fruit and feeding thousands of families every day.
God Bless him.

And those of you who suffer from an acute case of crazed envy, you are beyond redemtion so go ahead and suffer and cry your hearts out. Poor souls.

Email: kassistta@yahoo.com

City: Denver

Please don't mix yourself with the EPRDF.eventhough you have bad habits and ugly behaviors,you are admired by many ethiopians? at least try to be honest with the ethiopians, after all its your maotherland. don't be influenced by your ugly friends and the meles regime.
God bless Ethiopia and Ato Mirchaw

jumping to the points i wana make,Mr Mirchaw seems to ignore some of the rules of broadcasting in this country that seems to trap him in bad hands. i truly support his opinions about the 'Godzillioner' but he should have done it in a more diplomatic way. i can only say God Help him out. but should he face any financial crisis the ethio community should stand by his side and tell the 'rich and able' that this shall pass too.

my sincere regrets goes to the Sheik should what he claimed has happend to him and his family.but i really doubt that a lot!. The move to destroy this guy's life through $$ fed lawyers seems a two way sword for me. at the face value it might seem that Mr Mirchaw might loose a lot. Well it might not be the case should the issue propagates a bit further. it is my understanding that the Sheik got the best advisors around him and is a bit surprising if this is the best they can come up with.we are talking about a lawsuit bn a billionore and a man who might be struggling to keep his station running. ironically the sheik is also heard as saying that he demands $$ so that he can give it to charity.does this make sense????. at the end i highly recommend the two parties to settle their dispute the ethiopian way instead of enaging in a dangerous game......equally dangerous for both of them..........last but not least it is my concerned recommendation that our 'billionore' might consider cutting back on his frequent visits to many of addis's night spots, there are many uncoventional court houses every where

Email: alula@Msn.com

City: New York

I sympathize with Mirchaw for the challenge he is facing. I would have loved to see that he was warned first before he faces the wrath of Goliad. While I am not happy about Alamoudi's support to EPRDF, Mirchaw has been over the board in his attack on this man, who has been a heroin of those in the DC area. A simple act of wearing EPRDF's T-shirt shouldn't have brought all that insult, 99% of which were absolute fabrications. Mirchaw has also deliberately attacked the Sheik's religion which has offended many of Muslim Ethiopians and made them question the integrity of this guy. Many have also questioned what "Ethiopian" meant for Mirchaw and his supporters when they don't have the decency to respect the religion of 50% of the population in that country. That was too much!!!
I don't blame Alamoudi, I would have done the same had I been insulted the same way and I had the means like him. Judging from his reactions and emotions to issues so far, Mirchaw would have done worse than this had he been in the reverse position.
Mirchaw is as much to blame as Alamoudi.
Alamoudi is a as much Ethiopian, perhaps more Ethiopian than Mirchaw. Being Ethiopian is not judged by what we talk but by what we do to that country. Mirchaw is damaging the interest of millions of Ethiopians by his irresponsible "journalism". It serves no one to capitalize on this issue at this stage; not Alamouid, not Ethiopians and not even Mirchaw. He would be best served by down playing the issue than promoting this biased attitude. The only ones who could gain out of these are the people who are stealling people’s vote in a day light robbery. Let's not be distracted by this personal issue. let's not strengthen the enemy camp by pushing away potential allies/Goliad’s.

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

I am an Ethiopian Muslim and I was offended by Mr Mirchaw's comments. For him Ethiopiawinet means being Christian & Amhara. I support Sheikh Alamoudi he did the right thing, and every Ethiopian Muslim and member of the minority should be concerned about the rise of intolerance. Ethiopia should be for all Ethipians, we have come a long way to go back to the days of oppression

Email: aaaere@yahoo.com

City: DC

I am verey sorry to hear that. I am one of the many Ethiopians how respected the Sheik. This time he has gone to far working againest the Ethiopian People to home he has been so generous. He has to be stopped before all his efforts to do good for all of us starts gathering dirt.

Email: mengistuk2001@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Let’s see the big picture you guys,
Don't be taken away with emotions. EPRDF is the worst enemy of Ethiopians, Muslims included. We are falling victims to the woyane propaganda. That is exactly how they want us to think. I personally agree with you in one point, that the muslims in Ethiopia have been oppressed. Perhaps a Muslim Amhara in Gondar and Tigray is more oppressed than any other minority ethnic group in Ethiopia. What you are absolutely wrong is that you are trying to equate the opposition be it CUD or other wise with one ethnic group or religion. You seem to have forgotten that the Muslims are minorities in every walk of life in today’s Ethiopia: Offices, factories, colleges and Universities etc where political activists emerge. So, don't expect CUD to be composed of 50/50 over night. One strong Muslim like Mr Bedru Adem is much more useful than 100's in the parliament who serve nothing but raising their hands when ever they are asked to. I bet, they would raise their hands with out question even if it was an issue of killing of 100 of Muslims. Is that the kind of representation you want? That is what EPRDF offered. For your information, there was no Muslim EPRDF candidate in Addis. Some of you like Mohamed are in no way different than Mirchaw in promoting skewed propaganda, I would say you are even worse. EPRDF is the worst enemy of Muslims in Ethiopia. Don't expect the right of Muslims to be respected while individual rights are going down the drain. Which right of Muslim is going to be respected if individual rights are not? Wasn't it woyane militias who killed tens inside the grand mosque? Aren't they the ones which are assigning incompetent heads to the council so as to serve their purposes? Aren't they the ones who are demanding NGO license for mosques to operate in Ethiopia? My fellows, the guy you detest, Prof Mesfin woldemariam strongly condemned the killings and Arbitrary imprisonment of Muslims while the "Muslim" Hassen Ali praised the government's killings of innocent people in mosques. You don't have to support CUD for this or other reason, but you have to support the respect for basic human right that these organizations stand for. We have a duty as much as the "Kesses" to be on the front for the rights of our people. Let's watch it, EPRDF is deliberately instigating religion as a means to defend its inevitable downfall. let's not support a falling dictator regime which is operated by one ethnic group which is as much dominated by the same fanatic religious groups as the group you detest. There is no way that we can roll back history and go to Haile Sellassie’s era. It is impossible!!! The future is definitely better for Ethiopian Muslims so long as we have a government which respects human right. I assure you EPRDF isn’t. I assure you again, the opposition is better.
Let's not see Mirchaw and the likes, The issue is much bigger than that!!!!

Mirchaw is not a patriot! Patriotism is a sacred word to bethrown on cheap hatemongers like Mirchaw. We should never take people like him as a patriot. This is not the first time that people protested against him. He is a reapeated offender and a known trouble maker. Mirchaw is known for his hooligan type presentation insulting any and every religion, ethnic and political group that doesn't suite his old and archaic definition of Ethiopiawinet.

People like him are the dangers of the future Ethiopia that embraces all religion ethnic and political goups.

He deserves a term of correction!

Email: hilinaye@yahoo.com

City: Mirchaw is not a patriot

hi ppl !!
i hear what this reach man is doing against mirchaw "meskin" . but this reach man have to know that a small bullet in his fabourit "wisky bat " can win all this all sacks of money . To be loved for Ethiopian ppl is more million times than woyana .

Email: jelo@yahoo.com

City: dc

Any one who stands up for ethiopian nationalism is always a victim of TPLF and its Cadres, this time TPLF has hired the bigest new cadre with money whom can buy a big gun lawyers to silence the voice of Ethiopian nationalism.
Ato Mirchaw has done the best he could as an Ethiopian, which many of in his statue did not do,
He may be week to fight a wealthy TPLF cadre, but time will tell the truth will come out sooner or later, why AL-amoudi is behind all this, after silencing him to go after him.

Advice to the Sheik:

You can buy lawyers with your $$ but watch out. God is not be intimidated by your money.

alamoudi stop your evil copt aginst the poor ethiopians!! wayne has you said is only live for a wille ethiopians and ethiopia live for ever and ever......so let voice of ethiopia the people heard lawdly if you do lisen your instect you will side with people if not you and epdrf will be sewpt away by the tide of ethioan god that always protect from any danger.

Email: merdsageda@sbcglobal.net

City: oakland

didn't that Nigussie guy die of a heart attack already? Wasn't he the one calling opposition rally attendants homeless 'bozenes' who don't have a voting card? And didn't opposition comfortably sweep the capital's vote? I was expecting him to say goodbye to journalism and life itself!

For mirchaw, Ethiopia means only Gonder and Gojjam. For him Ethiopians are only Christians. He has been defaming so many ethiopins. Dr. Beyene Petros, Pro. Merera Gudina, Asaffa Chala, EPRP, Oromos, ..... The list goes on. Mr. Alamudi has right to support any party he want to as we all chose one party as an ideal to our country. Ato Mirchaw is hate mongering, christian extrimist whose broadcast was dividing Ethiopians in D.C. Area. I am very happy he is finally brought to justice.

Email: lalemda2hotmail.com

City: Scarborough

Will somebody out there,with any sanity left,tell me who said what?From the avalanche of insult throwing,i could only surmise that the poor Mr.Alaude,wos seen at a EPRDF rally wearig T-shirt.So what of it!What about his other T-shirts:hospitals he built,schools and all diverse investment in the country opening un told employments.All African so called REVOLUTIONARY leaders invest their money anywhere,but in Africa.HE DOES!!!!If you ask me he is crazy.MR.Mirchaw may be from a little tiny dot Ethiopia,who found him self suddenly in America where everything is freeee!Yes ,America is free indeed,it is free to do good and live under the Law.My advice to you Mr.Mirchew is confess your sin and ignorance.Mr.AL-amoudi is compasionate and forgiving person.I have never met AL-Amoudi and idon't need him.I have seen and spoken to some pepole who worked for him.He is for'ONE Ethiopia'

Email: messayewossen@yahoo.com

City: los angels

SELAM LE'ETIOPIYAWIAN
WANAWOCHU TWANYAN NEGUSSE WOLDEMARYAM YETEBALEW HODAM ASH,QABACH DEBTERANA ESU ENDIFENECH YEMIGABEZEW YE-AND ETHIOPIA AZEGAJ YOSEF GIZACHEW NACHEW ETIOPYAWINETEN YEMIGAFUTENA YEMISHETUT

Email: engida@chello.no

City: norway

debalke,

Sheik Al Amoudi did more than just wearing a T-Shirt. He travelled throughout the South to campaign for woyane. If he is for one Ethiopia, why would he support a group that is systematically dividing our nation along ethnic line. Al Amoudi must repent for what he had done so that he can regain the respect of Ethiopians, which he once enjoyed. No free ride!

I agree and suport the act and procedure of Al Almooudi and his advocates. It is a good thing that they give ato MIRCHAW a lesson to his unprofound knowledge and meaning of " Ethiopiawint" which excludes every Ethiopian but the CUDS ; the extreemists,the shovensts ,the neo DERG egoists who care very litll
..but only to gain power .
For ato Mirchaw and his supporters I recommend the meaningfull letter of Al Amoudi to help them understand the meaning of democratict rights and their implimentetion .
Please ato MIRCHAW ,LEARN FROM THIS AND DO NOT BEHAVE
LIKE A WILD but a sivilized, democratic and tolerant teacher.

Email: asimba@hotmail.com

City: washington

See ethiomedia.com to see what Alamoudi is, what he stands for and his respect to the people of Ethiopia. Compare him to Nigussie W/Mariam who doesn't have the decency even to apologize. I wish our officials had such decency too
There is alot to learn from the content of the letter.
Site administrator, you need to post in your front page as the ethiomedia did and show your impatitality.

by the way, who is mirchaw? what was his report about shikh alamoudi? appologize for my ignorance.

Good. Just because you have the power of your media outlet doesn't give you the right of defamation. Mr Al Amoudi did the right thing, he used the law to protect his rights. We need people to undersatnd that nobody is above the law and individual rights have to be protected whether you are rich or poor.

Cheers!

Email: nina@hotail.com

City: Ottawa

Idon't want to litsen and read about Al Amoudi any more.
we know many radio station in this area.it i's good time for us to know who is who ????????????????????

Gad bless Mirchaw

Email: we2006@aol.com

City: silver spring

Mr.Al Amoudi as any Ethiopian has the right to choose any party. If that is what the opposition calls democracy and free election we have a long way to go guys!!!!!!

Email: meregeta@yahoo.co.

City: dalla

I think what Mr-Al Amudin is doing against that radio and that poor radio host is wrong. Just becuse Mr- Al Amudin has money does not mean he has the right to limit our freedom of speech. He can not tell us about media freedom in USA. we live in USA and we see how it works. USA medias have the right to say whatever they want about the wrong that person did even the president. The only reason why Mr-Al Amudin was critsized is because he supported this murderer government called EPRDF. It is not like what Mr- Al Amudin is trying to say and trying to make it look like. It is not about his religion or family. Instead, what Mr-Al Amudin is trying to do is to make a difference between christian Ethiopian and Muslim Ethiopians who have lived together for Years peacefully and lovingly unlike other parts of the world. Also, what Mr Al Amudin is trying to do to warn the media and the people that he has money to punish anyone who express his feeling on him except saying Al Amudin is a god. That poor Radio host, who was sued by Mr Al Amudin's lawyers, has no money, but god and Ethiopian people on his side. Every Ethiopian is watching closely what Mr Al Amudin's puppies are trying to do to this inocent Ethiopian. If something bad happen to this man, Ethiopian people will pay you Mr Al Amudin and Neggusie back very worstly. God Help our brother who is that radio host and being sued by this millionare. Ethiopian people will win !!

City: Washington DC

It is About shik Dr, Alamudin. everybody has to respect his rights,besides he is The Ethiopian Bill Gate.

Email: mo7770@hotmail.com

City: Toronto

I think Mr.Mirchaw was campaigning NAZI type proganda against the Oromos too. However, the Oromos with their high caliber tolerance did not file any case against him. Any way he deserve to be behind bar for his hateful voice.
I hope sheik is supposed to file case against the radio station owners as well for collaborating with NeoNazi individual like Mirchaw.
Thirdly, the situation shows the failure of both FBI and CIA instutions for allowing such individuals to carry hate propagand from US soil.

Email: salessasaraboru@virzon.net

I think and have said ignore this guy and pray for Ethiopia regardless your reglion.

City: DC

When did Mirchaw insulated Alamoudi? I am 100% sure the didn't insulated him. He reported that the above person went to the stadium and asked the people to support EPDRF. Whether Mircahew reported or not we will hear it from any other news agency. But what I want to know did Alamoudi realy know the meaning of democracy? No he brain is very limited for that. And we bette tell him not to spend the Ethiopian money for the lawyers and so on. We all know even the American couldn't verfiy where his income comes from. So you better zip your mouth. Ato Mirchaw might even teach you how to ge good ethiopian. So realize the service. Oh I forget that you are leaving in America in the land of opporutnity and freedom. We will have a chance to open another broadcasting service incase you forget that. I personal suggest for you to attend memory class. How to develop your memory MR.

City: Falls Church

i am 100% sure that alamodi time is counting down he
will be in jail for many years to come .

Email: abdul@hotmail.com

I have read, Al Amoudi's letter to Ethiopians who live in U.S.A. I do respect him very much. However, as we know Bilanier Bill Gate. He never say anything to Democrat or Republican when there is an election period. He chooses when it gets his chance to choose. Al Amoudi however, was acting like the represntative for EPRDF. He does has his right to choose EPRDF. However as Business man, he should not have push others to do the same unless he is part ot the organization. This is may opnion. Once again, I respect him as indvidual. when others did not happy what he had done about the may election, he should not be so upset about it because there is allways -/+ in life. There are so much good things Al Amoudi done and still doing for Ethiopia and its people. There is thing he did that ethiopians did not like it. Simple as it is.

God bless all of us and ethiopia.

Mr. Al Amoudi- please take note:
---------------------------
---------------------------
Luke 12: 16-21

And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'

"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '

"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."
------------------------------

Mr. Al Amoudi- You tore down your barns in Saudi and built bigger barns in Ethiopia. But are you "rich toward God?" Why would you, as an Ethiopian, drag your poor Ethiopian brother in the court of foreigners?

1 Corinthians 6:6-8

But instead, one brother goes to law against another—and this in front of unbelievers!
The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

---------------------------------
---------------------------------

Mr. Al Amoudi- also take note of the following:

----------------------------------
----------------------------------
Luke 16:19-25

"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

------------------------------------

Mr. Al Amoudi- money is not anything to be proud of. Seek Godliness instead of Money.

Matthew 19:23-24
"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Email: azewde@aol.com

Negussie, afer bila! lela minim yemilih neger yelem.

It is so amazing to me that few of my people are waking up so late, was it not obivius that the sheik was ,is,will be the messengar of luci ferro.
you know my poor people were decieved when they embrace the sheik not reminding themselves of the word of Jesus "You can not serve two masters which are God or MONEY ETHIOPIA IS NOT AN EASY LAND ' IT IS THE LAND THAT the Lord God him SELF USED HER AS A COMPARISOM TO HIS PEOPLE iSRAEL " you the children of Israel, are not like my children the ethiopians" so how can one dare to think a choosen nation like ethiopa will suceed depending on the wealth of sheik Ala moudin the legal son of" Luci ferO"
as to me for ethiopia there will be no redemption rather than God Him self for the country is a promised land, so please let us ignore the deception of the Devil through the wealth of his beloved son alla-moudin andgo back to where we belong .you know when I was in Ethiopia I use to look for a beautyful virgin to present her to the sheik to get a fat tip and it is so hard for me to accept shuch a moraly wicked and adultrous son of the devil will be the solution to a divinely picked nation like ethiopia
there is no way that that the seed of Ismael can be a blessing to the seed of Isac. so let us all pray to our gao that even the so called artists (dependante of the Sheik )know whom they are dealing with.

Email: HEBREW2@EARTHLINK.NET

City: OAKLAND

All you who are suffering from "acute case of crazed envy" Almudi is here to stay. His support to the ruling party is not emotional triggered he has businesses left and right therefore he does not want some politically immature people like Haylu Shawel who believes Addis needs a trine and public transportation needs to be privatized (which is heavily subsidized by the government) to take over power. Intellectuals alone don't lead a country they write research papers they advice but not lead. Berhanun Nega is not like the other member of the party, he even had threatened to leave the party.

I do not have any political affiliation but MERCHAW can go to hell! I know him personally. He deserves it. People don't get it all political here, look Merchaw is the man who tortured and killed many Ethiopians during derg era. Ask people around him or they used to be around him. Ask people how he earn his living.

I support Alamudi

I am so disgusted by Al Amoudi who said he considered Ethiopia as his second home. Go back to your first home wherever it is and leave us alone. Ethiopia can't be considered as your second home. He is taking advantage of the poor people of Ethiopia. What kind of Muslim is he that drinks and sleep with every woman he see? You brought shame to the young women of Ethiopia.

Email: ns125@msn.com

City: Atlanta

I support Mr. Al Amoudi 100%, he did good. Mirchaw should be panished for what he has done. Al Amoudi has the right to do or to be what ever he want's to be/do,infact every indevidual have a right to defend them selves. why don't u guys forget about them and pray for our country because that's what u should be doing right now.

pray pray pray for our country and ppl

I think we have to bring this case to our Senator. I personal don't believe that Alamoudi has a full right to cancel the radio station unless Alamoudi leased Merchaw the station. There has to be a way. We are not in Addis where the so called Alomoudi control us by his money. Let is lobby. I will do personaly. Thanks to GOD that we are in land of Democracy and Freedom.

City: Falls Church

Dear friends,
Once i was in ethiopia, particularly in Addis. people are looking Alamudi as their 45th "Tabot". Because he did alot of thing in Ethiopia. He reduced a great number of unemployment in Ethiopia.
Now most of CUD supporters are insulting this great man. As a citizen he can support any party. what will be the result if he supports CUD. you people say him A hero, Greatman, etc sorry for your thinking & manner

CUD and all thier supporter don't reason, don't ask them to use thier heads. Just because you hate one party does not mean the other one is a god. EDRDF is no angle but the fact that Al Amoudi chose them should mean something, he has more at stake in Ethiopia than all off you combined. All CUD wants is power "Aterf bay Mertu'gn T'lalche"

Please Wake up guys.mr AlAmoudi has every right to protect himself from any kind of attemt to discredit him, There is a lot of constractive lesson to be broadcasted if you guys have a radio station. INsulting Driven by jealosy because he sided with the barbaric woyane is not one .Wait until woyane go down and present your facts.Eat your heart out HE IS RICH, HE CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS. IT IS CALLED PROTECTING HIS INTEREST. IN YOUR AMERICA THEY CALL IT LOBBYING. IN OUR COUNTRY 'THEY CALL IT CORRUPTION . I DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE LIVED IN HERE YOU ARE NOT RIGHT TO INSULT SOMEBODY BECAUSE THEY STAND FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVED.

City: calgary

I would like to know what Mirchaw has said or done to Al Amoudi. I guess he must have pinched the Sheik so hard to make him jump out of his seat. By the way does the sheku have a skeleton in the cupboard? and Mirchaw is rattling it!!!

Email: Tazabi@hotmail.com

City: Addis

Let's see what these two individuals: Alamudin and Mirchaw represent. Alamudi, good or bad as a person is not just an individual but the face of a multinational corporation that may have a very dangerous counsequence for our country. Midrock corporations which he has a significant share is based in Saudi Arabia and has very powerful and rich Saudis as its share holders. The Saudi Defence Minister, Prince Sultan Ibn Abdul Aziz is among them. When one considrs how Alamudi made his moneyy, it is likely that he is a front for some Saudi billioner international investors.

Midrock is now incontrol of the most important economic sectors in Ethiopia. Alamudis financial Harem in Ethiopia includes Construction, Minning, Export of raw and procrssed goods, banking, farmaciutical, insurance and much more. There is also a company called "Protection and Personal Servces". An armed force owned by Midrock!

Midrock took over most of these economic sectors through the Woyanne Privatization policy. But did he actually paid for them, and if he did where is the money? Does he pay any taxes from his investments? It is not far from the truth to assume that his corruption of government officials and support of EPRDF has something to do with the goal to continue tax evasion. Midroc may alreday have owned the future of Ethiopians. Thatis a serious stuff to think about.

Mirchaw is also another dangerous person who got what he deserved. He is not only a hate monger who slanders and defame and absolutely prostitutes everything Ethiopian for his own selfish interest but also an unrepentant cadre whose hands are probably washed with the tears and blood of Ethiopian mothers and sisters. Just because he had a radio program called " Ethiopiawinet", it does not mean that he is the alpha-Ethiopian as he pretends. He is a man who with his friends collected about half a million dollars on behalf starving Ethiopins and never bothered to account for it. He is a man who has no fear and respect even to what is most sacred and holly as the church he opened without any clerical authority shows.

The enemy of ones enemy is not ones friend. An enemy, perhaps in this case, a parasite that eats the body of Ethiopia and Ethiopiawinet is stil a parasite.

Lijagba

Email: Lijagba@aol.com

City: Baltimore

Lijagba,
Thank you for the analysys!
The idea that one is guilty doesn't make the other rightous (Id idn't mean you said that)!
Even if we see the two to be the same in principle, the power and influence of one (moudi) is more than the other!
Also, what can we do about Mirchaw, boycott his radio or Taxi?
But in the case of moudi, we can show the arrogant the power of the people!
Let us BOYCOTT SHERATON AND PEPSI INTERNATIONAL!
Until Moudi apologizes or his franchice license revoked!

Boycotting Alamoudi now or in the future at home will have no or little significance. Lets face it, Sheraton is not really where Ethiopians, poor or rich, stay and entertain. As for pepsi, the local market is not significant. We can try as a symbol of protest. You see, almost all of Midroc's(alamudin's)investments are designed for the foreign market, the middle East and Africa. Gold, leather products, flowers and vegetables, live stocks, oil seeds, marble products, steel, air-cargo, paper products including toilet papers are exclusively exported to the Middle East and eastern and southern African countries.Making his corporation accountable is not going to be an easy task.Even the Swedish where he runs "Midrock Sewden" are not finding it easy.

Midrock as a Roman general, came, saw and conqured all with a smile and a great deal of corruption.

Mirchaw is a minor problem, an irritating fool.He too shall pass.

Email: Lijagba@aol.com

City: Baltimore

I like the explanation!
It make sense with out doubt!
You are cool, or seems to be from your analysis and all that!
You seem to have a good insite to things!
VP Cheny will be there to give the public his calming ammunition whenever Bush is in trouble!
Don't just be like VP Cheny (they call him tranqulizer Dick Cheny)!
Putting things in perspective and giving a subliminal message of 'quit it' is not good!
But, what can we do?
Until you have an alternative, then don't be a tranqulizer Dick!

It sholuld not matter who it is, as far as a person feels insulted by a radio character and knows how to use the justice system, he has the right to defend himself.
I feel sorry for ato Mirchawe but you should have known better. I am only 27 but i know "Befit neber enji Meteno medekos" or "kafe yeweta kafafe" our parents and community always
tought us to be careful on what we say so we dont get in truble like this.
as far as David Vs Goliath, Golaith was the one who had a big mouth, Golaith was the one who tought he can not be touched because he is far ( In USA) and Goliath was the one who fell with
the unexpected blow. so you used the correct title for the subject it just needs a little elaboration.
David was known for his genorosity, he also made mistakes but he alwayes repented. David never accepted insult where ever it came from.
I respect the shek for what his doing in Ethiopia. there are close to 300,000 people working under him.(let's assume each employe supports at least 2 people and do the maths)
I also respect the fact that he has the right to support who ever he belives in regardless of my disagreement or agreement.
Ato Mirchaw I wish you best of Luck and hope you get A chance to brodcast again so we can all Benifit from your new Educated attitude.I strongly belive and hope that people do change for the better.

Email: ZENA0002@D.UMN.EDU

City: MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA

Only a coward would engage in such type of dirty personal attacks under the guise of screen names. Do not be a moron, it is not difficult to find out who you are.

This is what our people mean by "Balegen Kasadege, Yegedele YeTsedekal!" It tells a lot about your parents, that about you.

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Can somebody answer my two questions -
what was said about the Sheik on the air to make him go this far?
Why is Nugessie is advocating to the Shiek?

Email: mahlet@earthlink.net

Mamo,
What do you mean when you write "... it is not difficult to find out who you are."?
Are you trying to intimidate?
What if you find out?
Are you going to sue or help sue?
What the (I am not aloud to write it ) are you going to do?

There was a proper way of criticizing the Sheik's deeds. Mirchaw was, however, out of his territory. And for that he will be asked in court. If what he did is wrong,he will be penalized accordingly. So what is our reason to say this or that? Are we begging the Sheik in the name of Mirchaw? If not, why don't we leave this to the judges?

Mamule,
We are not begging the Sheki in the name of Mirchaw, we are just telling the Sheki and his supporters to **** themselfs!
We will leave the issue to the judges and at the smae time we will crash the eggo of the Sheki!
As I sataed before, if you dine and wine with Hitler you are a friend of Hitler! Period.
Now, even Mamo and Jadu while they are saying a lot about me (Arat-Kilo), they couldn't say a word about what should be done to Hitler and friends of Hitler!

I have a clear stand on that;
As Hitler and his friends are rebuked by the worled community, Meles and his friends (the Sheki one of them) deserve the same!
Let us have a clear stand and stand by the people of Ethiopia!
Arat-Kilo

hey i just heard that the al amudi is going to drop the case because is unable to come to USA to testify. the government denied him visa. he is on a terrorist watch list and is banned from america. btw all the abesha media are a bunch of kisass. they are all supporting al amoudi and condemning mirchaw without even finding out exactly what the case is. i guess they looking for some frifare from the boogieman. where is their ethiopian pride? where is the ethiopian ethos of standing up for the little guy?

Free Choice-

You said God doesn't like it when people insult others. I'm pretty confident that He dislikes even more those who murder others. I wonder how He regards Meles?

Mamo,
Did you read what fetanu wrote?
Do you want me to cut and paste it for you?
If not, how come you are not commenting on it?
Does it talk about you?
Are you the one refered by fetanu as "...ferifare.."?
Arat-kilo

Be Adviced Sheik Al Amoudi! you are dealing with Ethiopian people.Dont play with fire. You better drope your case. Ethiopians in USA, all over the world & here in Ethiopia are with Ato Mirchaw.

Email: hassen@yahoo.com

City: Ethiopia

Mamo,
Here is a question for you:
If Moudi is banned from US for being a terrorist, aren't we Ethiopians harboring a terrorist?
(assuming that fetanu's message is correct).

Also,(since you have said anyone on hte face of this planet have a right to sue a US citiczen or resident) can he google me out and sue me even if he is a terrorist?

To all,
Mamo called truce, so this forum is going to be boring!
Because I have accepted the call, I have no one to pick on!
Ewnetu Bezabih is not articulate enough to pick on, he makes me feel puke!
Jadu is a ****, he needs to go to elementary school to get an idea of what is going on!
Robert is a foreigner, let someone tell him to get the **** outta here!

The rest are not even worth mentioning their screen names!
Long live the people of Ethiopia!
I love Ethiopia!
We shall over come one day !!!!
Arat-kilo

How come Mamo Qilo decided to negotiate with
Arat-Kilo, before he answered his question about Fetanu's statement?

Well for what ever reason, it doesn't mater.

Both of you will be missed.

Fetanu,

I have one word for you. You are a moron. Al Amoudi does not need to come to testify. His lawyers can take the case to court on his behalf. Only a moron like you would believe such a story. Did you hear it from Mirchaw?

Stupidity is permissible on this forum, but you are taking it to a new depth.

Mamo Qilo

Mamo Qilo

It was to be recalled that the false accusations against Alamoudi's source of wealth which surfaced in US was traced back to Eritreans who were angry by the support Alamoudi provided to Ethiopia during the Ethio-Eritrea war. There was this joke then: When Eritreans were asked to give up Assab, they agreed but,demanded for Alamoudi in return. When an "Ethiopian" tries to make a point by telling us he/she loves Ethiopia like. I smell some thing seriously wrong fellows! It is not conspiracy theory, I see a consistent pattern. It is only a matter of opening once eyes.

Moderators, I have no problem seeing any one with any motive here who sticks with one and only one agenda, but I am asking you where the limit/boundary of decency is. Is puting **** instead of the actual word, all that is required to qualify as appropriate for this forum? I am asking you to open your eyes.

Can anyone here educate me about the details of the case? what was said on the radio program? I heard the radio station gave a wide coverage for a demonstration held in DC area. Is that true? What else?

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

The road to hell was paved by good intention

The Road to hell was paved by good intention

I agree with almost all the positive remarks about Alamoudin. He invested a lot in Ethiopia. It is true. He is generous, albeit not ALWAYS for a noble cause. Save the excesses, it is also true he is the ONLY true investor in Ethiopia for the last 14 years. Nevertheless, I don't want to hide the fact that I have a serious reservation on what the guy did. If I am allowed to quote those who can afford the "luxury" of saying "he is entitled to his opinion", I am also entitled to my opinion. ha ha ha I LIKE THAT! This is the type of 'luxury" we Ethiopians living in Ethiopia can't afford for we are under occupation. Do you believe me if I tell you I take myself as a Palestinian living in Gaza. We are conquered people. You may think this is an over statement or exaggeration. You may even dismiss it as a political rhetoric. I want to be clear with all of those who try to defend Alamoudin with all the determination of their nature. You don't know what type of hardship and unspeakable suffering we are going through. Maybe you hear it, but you can't appreciate it unless you personally face the full terror of the weyane being perpetrated each day. Now it has become each minute. As I write to you this letter, AAU students are condemned to die of starvation. They are under arrest for without sufficient food and incommunicado. Carter center and Anna Gomez, the EU boss, literally begged weyane to refrain from such barbaric act. They have so far refused. The biggest power for weyane to be so much cruel and barbaric is their financial muscle. My mother used to say, "Throwing stones is a play for kids. But it is a question of life and death for the birds the stone is aimed at". For Alamoudin it is simply a sort of businessman stylishness and/or a luxurious vote casting which may remind him his Ethiopian root. For the 73 million people the choice is slavery or freedom. Come on Alamoudin guys!!! He has offended us a lot. His money "bafinchachin yiwta." We can easily be a rich nation if we work hard in a democratic environment. I understand your worry. I understand what you are up to or trying to do. You are advising us to be within the rules of the game i.e let everybody support anyone he wishes to. However, don't try to dismiss the case as a simple political belief of one individual. It goes far beyond that. This may be true in the democratic nations. Weyane allowed this election to go the way it did under big pressure from America and Britain and being told by its own cadres that the peasant will vote for weyane. They are not at all democrats. It is NOT in their nature. Weyane can not survive for a month without the 43% budget subsidy coming from donors. So weyane had to present itself as a democrat par excellence to these guys. Besides, Meles is one of the hand picked 17 African Commissioners. He had to keep that feeling. Consequently he gambled. He thought the election will further polish his tarnished image. Actually it exposed his true fascistic nature. My dear brothers blinded by Alamoudin alms, Alamoudin came into the picture in such a situation. Do you know those who were directly or indirectly associated with Hitler are still hunted and prosecuted in a court of law? Do you dare to say it was their democratic right to rally behind Hitler? Hey, please don't be too much swayed by the man's investment in Ethiopia or his alms to Ethiopians abroad. Anytime when the choice is between money and my country, I choose my country without hesitation or reservation. Now we are at a cross road. Either we save our country or we will be destroyed at the hands of the weyanes. Alamoudin, intentionally or unintentionally, has rallied behind those who are determined to destroy Ethiopia. In a nutshell he is behind the Hitlers of Ethiopia. The gun meant to protect our country as a nation and the people as citizens is being increasingly used against us. Alamoudin is behind all these atrocities. His good intention does not help us. The road to hell was paved by good intention.
Hagere Ethiopia

Hegere Ethiopia.

Well done . You have addressed the issue adequately.

Dear Qilo oh! Sorry, Mammo Qilo:
It was with disbelief and shock that I read your response to my comment. Listen, Hitler had BASICALLY two types of guys. The first group was those who do the dirty job i.e killing, maiming, torturing what have you. The second group was his financial muscle and the scientists. Oh! there is still other group those who are just card holding members. They might be forced to contribute their monthly party contribution, but no where as such engaged in any area. They were for parade, demonstration etc and were also considered as a reserve army alongside the entire German people. I am trying to educate you Mr Qilo. Please cite one just one individual who actively assisted with his millions dollars or billions of German mark of the time and yet not prosecuted in a court of law. He who gives money for fascists to kill the people is a MURDERER. This is what Alamoudin is doing. As a beneficiary of his alms you can't see such truth. I repeat once again that his filthy money BAFICHACHIN YIWTA. You can enjoy his filthy money in exile and write nonsense on this board. Do you know in one fund raising occasion ONLY Alamoudin gave them 4 million Birr? Do you know what weyane will do with that 4 million Birr? Do you think weyane will buy bread for the hungry with the 4 million Birr? Hey please shut your filthy mouth! Do you know Alamoudin sponsored a dinner party that very day hundreds were shot in cold blood by weyane buchiloch? Let me tell you about the dinner party at Sheraton at that very day 36 innocent were massacred in a broad day light. Alamoudin sponsored the dinner party for the 15 years old son of Meles Zenawi. He delivered a speech. He said, "all our enemies will perish". I know this is nothing for you. I rather imagine you shooting up from your seat and say "this is his democratic right". Which version of democracy is your democracy? You talk about the neo nazis blah blah. Do you know you can't in public comment anything in favour of holocaust in Germany? Listen man, you are a confused person. You don't have the time to read books. Sandwich flipping didn't give you enough time to read. You seem to be proud of eating the macdonald garbage. I say you are privileged only in one way i.e you live in a free environment where nothing will happen to you without a due process of law. Nothing more nothing less. I am a professional with a stable life and a solid academic standing. This is the difference between me and you.
Hagere Ethiopia

I am truly proud of giant intellectuals like that of Hagere Ethiopia. I am equally ashamed of third rate high sachool drop outs who simply think they know something just by being cab driver in the gheto. Qilo, I am truly ashamed of you. Dear Qilo, you are excessively defensive for anything against mudi. Your argument is like that of a kindergarten kid when weighed against logic and reason. Nobody here disregarded the fact the Mudi has invested in Ethiopia and many Ethiopiand could be gainfully employed in his companies. This has never been the bone of contention in any one time. The issue at hand is his alliance with the TPLF fascists. You excessively dwell on one and only one fact. Time and time again you tell us he invested in Ethiopia. Your maferia style of arguement made me say BIG SHAME ON YOU. I suspect you do the same thing if Meles pays you money. You are simply a ballpoint pen mercenary. You need to accept opinion coming from others. You seem to be one who has no his own ideas. You are just pouring out what you are bottled up. I nevere hereafter read your postings for they are garbages. Bye Qilo

Email: malberto@hotmail.com

Unless by idea you mean personal attacks, spreading an unsubstantialed rumors and mud slinging, I would say I hatve posted many messages that are original in thinking and succinct in clarity.

I do not really care whether your read my future articles or not. I only wish you had read my earlier messages with open mind. First of all, i have not based my arguments on his investment. My views were never anchored on this. My veiws are shaped by the principles of individual rights and democratic rights of individuals. All my arguments (go back and read them) are anchored on principled positions. I kept on asing participants to substantiate their stories. For example, someone wrote Al Amoudi gave a party to Meles's son on the very day that Meles ordered the killings of innocent demonstrators. This was factually wrong. The party was for Mele's daughter and the party was given by Meles and it was not on the day of the murder.

I write arguments such as the above, and you come with something like the following: "I am truly proud of giant intellectuals like that of Hagere Ethiopia. I am equally ashamed of third rate high sachool drop outs who simply think they know something just by being cab driver in the gheto. Qilo, I am truly ashamed of you. Dear Qilo, you are excessively defensive for anything against mudi. Your argument is like that of a kindergarten kid when weighed against logic and reason."

You then assert that "You [Mamo Qilo] excessively dwell on one and only one fact. Time and time again you tell us he invested in Ethiopia. Your maferia style of arguement made me say BIG SHAME ON YOU.I am truly proud of giant intellectuals like that of Hagere Ethiopia. I am equally ashamed of third rate high sachool drop outs who simply think they know something just by being cab driver in the gheto. Qilo, I am truly ashamed of you. Dear Qilo, you are excessively defensive for anything against mudi. Your argument is like that of a kindergarten kid when weighed against logic and reason. Nobody here disregarded the fact the Mudi has invested in Ethiopia and many Ethiopiand could be gainfully employed in his companies. This has never been the bone of contention in any one time. The issue at hand is his alliance with the TPLF fascists. You excessively dwell on one and only one fact. Time and time again you tell us he invested in Ethiopia. Your maferia style of arguement made me say BIG SHAME ON YOU. I suspect you do the same thing if Meles pays you money. You are simply a ballpoint pen mercenary. "

I accept opinions but refuse to confuse informed and substantiated opinion with baseless accusation such as the above that claims I based my argument on his investment. Next time try to argue your case with facts not fictions.

Mamo Qilo

Email: mamoqilo@yahoo.com

Mamo:
I want to be apologetic if I did offend you. I didn't mean it. Coming back to your response, you said, it is okay to ally with genocidal criminal thugs who persistently commit "political killings". But with Hitler, you again said, it is wrong to make any alliance. Have I understood you correctly? It is my inference. Let me repeat myself for a better clarity. You said, 1.Meles is NOT a fascist 2. The killing of Meles is a political killing. 3. Alamudi allied with Meles who commits a political killing, but not a fascist. Are you following me? Read your comments again. You are condoning alliance with those you don't call fascists, but commit political killings. Hey, please Please Please, for heaven sake, condemn what Alamoudin did. Last time you said, "Alamoudin allied with Meles before the killing". You said, "he didn't at first know Meles would be so cruel and would send his butchers for a shooting spree". May I remind you the thousands killed during the last 14 years. Thousands ONLY documented by human right organizations all over the world, including Ethiopian Human Right Council. Do you for a fraction of a second doubt that Alamoudin knows the minutest detail about what happened in Bedeno, Arbagugu? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows a man by the name Getu was skinned alive in Arbagugu? Do you doubt Alamoudin knows the recent massacre in Gambela? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows Assefa Maru, a human right activist, was executed in a broad day light early in the morning while he was going to office? Do you doubt that Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists are determined to commit more attrocities in the coming weeks or months? Do you really doubt Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists have stashed away millions of dollars in foreign banks? Do you really doubt that Alamoudin knows AAU students were gunned down for going to the streets opposing the then UN boss, Boutros Boutros Gali? Do you really doubt thousands of Ethiopians were/are forced to flee their country fearing for their life? Do you reall doubt that Alamoudin knows Prof Asrat was denied treatment and he eventually died? Do you really doubt Alamoudin knows Ethiopian journalists are being jailed, maimed and killed? Do you really doubt tens of thousands of Ethiopians were dismissed from their jobs just because they belong to the "wrong" tribe? While writing this to you I was moved to tears. I let out a loud groan and my 15 years old boy came close to me and said, "minew Baba?" I told him it is just my usual worry about my country. He stared at me and said, "Baba it is over. Weyane alkoletal" I said, endafih yadirgilin. I told him what Alamoudin is doing. He quoted a proverb " yihe ken yalfina, selatom yihedina, yastezazibenal yager lij tiyina". he further commented, the guy is a mindless, useless drunkard. Well... here we are Mamo. You let me cry when I try to do a mental travel and remember the crimes of weyane and its financers. Bye my brother. You are right. Let us lay down this case to final rest. Pact! Okay?

Email: Malberto@telecom.net.et

Mr. Mesfin Alberto

Please don't take Mamao Kilo seriously.
He is confused and also attempts to confuse and distract people.
I have watched his postings for some time. He runs from one idea to another instantly. His constant theme is defending the undefendable- Alamudi's behavior before and after the June 8 massacre.

He also tries to drive wedges among truly patriotic Ethiopians. He tirellesly works to pick dirt on the opposition's stand on many issues. He also attempts to forward obviously self-defeating proposals for tactical reasons- standing as an "intelligent advisor". If you pursue his line of argument, all the goals, objectives and political policy framework of the opposition are subject for compromise as a tactical move. He covers his motives with seemingly benign statements , which may confuse the novice. But all in all, Absurdity is his central strength.

Why he is doing these things is beyond my comprehension. Although I am not still convinced that Mamao is in the Anti Ethiopia camap; it is indeed frightening how our enemies consistently work in infiltrating geniunely Ethiopian media and forms- which they hate.

First, let me pay homage to the true sons and daughters of Ethiopia. I would mention two in particular - Mesfin Aleberto, Hagere Ethiopia and Arat Kilo for exposing and disarming Mamo Qilo and show the readers who this menacing character is. Second let me ask Moderator why Mamo Qilo is not banned from this forum when those wo are defending Ethiopia’s interest such as Arat Kilo are under constant threat that they would be banned?

For those who have any doubt about Al Amoudi here are some undeniable facts. Mamo Qilo, please don’t bother to respond.

First, Al Amoudi gave the infamous graduation party for Meles daughter. At least one person has resigned from Sheraton after he realized that the bill was signed by the general manager of Sheraton as "on the house". It was too much for the person to see his employer throw a lavish party during the same week 36, if not the very same day, the blood of patriotic Ethiopians was spilled in Addis and over 100 were brutally wounded.

Second, the person who resigned informed the local media that there was another party for the son of a well known business man, but it was canceled at the order of none other than Al Amoudi to give the largest ball room to Meles's daughter.

Third, Al Amoudi has given TPLF the following financial support. And all this has been documented and published by the local media at the time. All the dates are in Ethiopian Calendar. July 26, 1990 (30,000,000 Birr). August 12 1993 (6,000,000 Birr). Shortly after this he was given a prime land next to Gion Hotel to build Nani Building, the tallest building in Addis. Septemebr 4, 1996 (12.000,000). Is this a coincidence that within a month he got a loan from the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia to the tune of $110,000,000 to finish the construction of Nani Building, which he was not able to finish for the last 2 years due to lack of cash flow.

Fifth, you may also find out from the tax people in Addis that Al Amoudi has not paid a penny in tax for the last 4 years. A heroic Ethiopian who was the head of the Addis tax collection unit was forced into early retirement after he was suspected of leaking this info to the local Media. This was also a talk of the town during the time. Only those who do not want to know the do not know about this public secret.

So my people, I leave the judgment to you as to why for the first time Al Amoudi jumped in the political arena. Could it be that he is afraid he may face fines and possibly criminal charges for not paying his taxes and possibly for bribing the leaders of TPLF under the guise of TDA, Tigray Development Assistance, a business arm of TPLF. It does not require a nuclear scientist to figure out that his motive is to keep his "most favored business man" title in Ethiopia. This title was given to him by one of the local news papers. What I have established above is crime in economic affairs of our beloved country.

Ato Mesfin Alberto has proven Al Amoudi's courtship with the killing machines of TPLF. So I do not want to repeat the obvious fact that al Amoudi is one of the primary financiers of Agazi Army. The leader of the Agazi Army spends most of his time at the Office Bar at the Sheraton. All Mamo and his associates, whom I call Al Amoudi's groupies in a far-flung land need to do is go to the Office Bar between 9:00 pm to mid night and they would see Al Amoudi socializing and drinking with the heads of the killing mafia. What more prove does Mamo Qilo need?

I know he would come back to tell us that Al Amoudi is investing in Ethiopia and it is his right to drink with any body he wishes. For me what Al Amoudi drinks with Agazi managers is not red wine but red blood.

For those who are in doubt about the above, Mesfin Alberto has established more facts that Al Amoudi knows the crimes committed by TPL, but continues to be their supporter. Here are the facts and they speak for themselves.

1. Alamoudin knows the minutest detail about what happened in Bedeno, Arbagugu.

2. Alamoudin knows that a man by the name Getu was skinned alive in Arbagugu.

3. Alamoudin knows the recent massacre in Gambela.

4. Alamoudin knows Assefa Maru, a human right activist, was executed in a broad day light early in the morning while he was going to office.

5. Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists are determined to commit more attrocities in the coming weeks or months

6. Alamoudin knows the TPLF fascists have stashed away millions of dollars in foreign banks.

7. Alamoudin knows AAU students were gunned down for going to the streets opposing the then UN boss, Boutros Boutros Gali? etc etc

Now the question is why is Ethiopian Review allowing Mamo Qilo to serve as the PR director to one of the big time sponsors of state sponsored terrorism in Ethiopia?

Mola Qimou

Respite Ethiopia,
Who are you? Wher have you been so far? many of us have used and acted up oon the timely and practical recommendations frowarded by Mamo. mamo is an individual whom we have seen working like one big organization. What was your contribution so far? What other name have you been using? Why didn't you objectively oppose what you have described as "self-defeating proposals for tactical reasons- standing as an "intelligent advisor". What are you? Stupid advisor? Why did you fail to correct him when hemisguided us/opposition? What is your definition of patriotism? Blind attack on one man with all your might? Is that the only justifiable cause you found to come and bark here?. you are shameless. Mind you, I am not trying to defend Mamo, I am defending the truth which seems to be very blurred to you.

Respite for Ethiopia

Why don't you read this book Politics 101 for Dummies 5 times and go back to Mamo's posting read them again & again may be you will comprehend what he meant.

Please Leave This Gentle Man and do what is important to Ethiopia. Let him do What ever He wish with EPRDF. When EPRDF goes away He will known the case or Ask execuse ethiopian.

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Lemlem:
Let me put the verbatim of you message. It reads as follows:

Hagere Ethiopia: Yourself being Tigraye and tell
Meles what he really is,
“a tyrant bloodthirsty killer
shows how much you love your country.”
All God fearing Ethiopian Tigrayes
should follow your path and say
“Not in our Name.”

What I want to ask you is this:
You wrote, “Feudalism will
never come back to Ethiopia”
Don’t you think it is here
already under different
name "Meles Zenwaye?"

Listen, as the Honorable Hailu Shawl put it perfectly I, the Tigre, voted for a Kinijit candidate who is a non tigrean. I live in Teklehaimanot area where over 85% are Tigres. The last 14 years has taught many Tigres a lot of things. In 1991 many Tigres thought their time has come. Many even dared to say "the throne taken from us by Menelik came back once again to us." They considered it as a ressurection of King Yohannes dynasty. As time elapsed the truth started unfolding itself and almost all said, "awekush nakush". No more euphoria over "yetigre mengist". Almost all have understood there should not such thing as tigre, oromo, amhara. Almost all now want a government that truly represents the interests of all Ethiopian people irrespective of ethnicity, religion etc. Many admitted the grave error they commited and confessed in public. Gebru Asrat in public asked apology from the Ethiopian people. Others followed suit. My sister Lemlem, what I want to advise you is that it should be we all Ethiopians that have to say to Meles "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". THIS IS not AT ALL A TASK YOU CAN FREELY ASSIGN TO ONE ETHNIC GROUP. It is wrong. It is outrageous. Your approach is a sure recipe for defeat. TPLF is working 7/24 to create unbridgeable intellectual and emotional divide. Don't be an easy prey for their evil design. Meles is engaged into terrorising everybody with his blanket accusation of the opposition being "anti Tigre". He in the past intimidated many politicians into silence, even those who loathed for him. He is determined to win everybody to his interest NOT by the force of his example or ideas, but by the force of arms. I am sure you are NOT advising me to go for a head on collision and sacrifice myself in a silly manner. Assume yourself in my position and try to imagine what you could have done. You can read what I wrote to a certain guy called GEBRE. Finally, I didn't mean to offend you. I am a type of person who, when gets angry, never uses coded diplomatic language. Otherwise I am an engaging conversationist. I am also eoquent and persuasive. Maybe my straight forwardness is a dreadful vice of me. Take ONLY the good side of me. I hate also guys like MAMO QILO, who are sanctimonious demagogues parading as PATRIOTS whereas they are actually mercenaries willing to defend a guy like MUDI 7/24. The MAMO QILOS are NOT reliable. They serve anyone who fills their bottomless appetite. Hodam as they are, they even try to advertise PEPSI in a forum like this meant and dedicated to discuss the current affairs of our country. They are sickening bunch of vultures. There are many MAMO QILOS here in Addis. You find them in Sheraton at office bar every night with a bottle of very expensive whiskies. Let me tell you what I witnessed one day. I went there to attend a weding ceremony. Mudi was dead drunk. He started spitting on all vultures who had surrounded him. They cleaned their face and smiled to him. He then splashed a glass full of whiskey over them. They again smiled. I tell you the MAMO QILOS at the office bar are not human beings. They are 70% dogs and 30% human beings with severe mental retrdation.

Hagere,

You seem to be hearting. I am sorry. I truly am. I did not realize the damage I have caused you. Sorry.

Mamo Qilo

Hey hey Mamo Qilo, you are number one QIL. All of you on this board please note Hagere Ethiopia is NOT, NOT AT ALL mamo qilo. Mamo Qilo is known from the start that he is here to disseminate confusion. I have truly made him worthless and now he wants to get some acceptance by pretending that he is HAGERE ETHIOPIA. He is NOT Hagere Ethiopia, but he could be all the rest. Dear brothers, I live in Ethiopia and the time difference has made it for me impossible to participate in the debate at a time you guys are active. This guy Mamo Qilo is one of the stupid Weyanes. Please ignore him. I don't really know what he benefits from such childish game. HE IS A NUMBER ONE NUT.

Hagere Ethiopia,

Go drink pepsi. It tastes better than Coke. Be assured that people know that you are not Mamo Qilo. Most if the time I write sound analysis and some times I engage in tag of wor with words with people like you. You always write diatribes and insults. Yu have nothing to fear that people would confuse you with me. Drink Pepsi!

Mamo Qilo

I don’t think Mr Mirchaw has anything to fear. We are talking about the USA Law, and just because u have got money that doesn’t mean you are going to win. USA is a country that values human rights and freedom of expression. And these two elements should be his defence. He was just showing his support to the poor innocent people of Ethiopia who are suffering by the hand of the authorities.

Do any of you know any black lawyers in the area that he could use.

Remember money can buy u things but not victory in court in a democratic country like America.