Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Quate from an Eritrean Website,"...the Weyane is much better than the...

"....But then you look at the Ethopian opposition and it is an even more frightening group. At the rational level, it is an empirical fact that when it comes to Eritrea, the Weyane is much better than the opposition when it comes to accepting Eritrea as a sovereign nation..."

City: Virginia Beach

Re: A Quate from an Eritrean Website,"...the Weyane is much better than the...

Gidey:

You quote an assertion from some Eritrean website stating that the current government as not challenging Eritrean sovereignty.

Now, one need not to be an intimate follower of Eritrean politics to know that the assertion in your quoted message is hardly an accepted view north of the Mereb River.

But let's assume that what you state is indisputably true and that the current Ethiopian government accepts Eritrea as an independent state. Are you suggesting that this is a bad policy? If you are, what alternative policy would you suggest? I'm really curious about the specifics of any policy you might have that would reject acceptance of "Eritrea as a sovereign nation." Although I could bombard you with questions about full implications of your question, I will let you clarify your position first.

For moral and practical reasons that should be obvious to anyone who bothers to understand history and respect its important lessons, we should refrain from holding politically expedient positions that don't improve the lives and well-being of most Ethiopians.

C.O.

Gidey wrote:

"....But then you look at the Ethopian opposition and it is an even more frightening group. At the rational level, it is an empirical fact that when it comes to Eritrea, the Weyane is much better than the opposition when it comes to accepting Eritrea as a sovereign nation..."

Email: no_one@anyone.com

City: Somewhere

Let me ask you a question for Ethiopians if you are asked who wanted Eritria as part of Ethiopia. It is good that they got what they want (Netanet what they call it not me. Unless it is ethnic problem, Melese couldn't do much for them. We all know that they are kicked out all over Ethiopia. I think it is better if we can leave as a good neighbour. Not United again for what. After all this?

City: Falls Church

eritreans r gone long time a go thank to tplf the masters of ethiopia they have taken over eritrean properties and they deported them becouse they do not like the coulr of ther eye thy r gone for good they live in eritrea so who said weyane is better. eritreas wish the tplf to be depported to mekelle with oat their properties just like the eritreas

Email: mahari5@aol .com

City: london

UN should investigate the money trails that is pouring to Ethiopia in the name of humanitarian aid.

I heard most of it goes to Tegrae province. My brother's girl friend told me that they don't even pay for phones and electricity.

A leader who is insenstive of the suffering of its citizen from stravation, Aids and now killing them should be in jail with Saddam Housaen

Who in the world wants this mad dog for a leader?
Well may be another sick person would.