Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shame

I don't know what some people want to say. I am from tigray, but I don't feel that EPRDF's defeat is my defeat. Ethiopians have gave their vote for better idea not for some thing like ethnic background, blood or else. It is really shame to see these days the EPRDF members and supporters are busy of propagating that they are beaten in Addis b/c of their ethnic background. Go to hell!!!!
"Yebelubet wechit sebariwoch" Did they forget how the people of Addis happily welcome them in May 1991. “Z’aklaya tihinas b’alegziher eyu”

Email: belayt01@yahoo.com

City: Addis Ababa

Re: Shame

Wendata Belay Yes let us worship our God and the truth not people or parties or ethnicity

Email: lilifikir@yahoo.com

City: enticho

Hey, I did not think that addis people welcomed weyane happily, they just did not have any choice at that time.

Dear Tigray People(ETHIOPIAN) Every body knows that EPRDF is worth on You than any people in the country. just because of chance Meles is gaining uper hand by sabotage

Email: agegnehub@yahoo.com

City: A.A

Dear Ethiopians,
I feel that everyone should stand and think about Ethiopia, the mother land. And also think about what Woyane has been doing from the date of its birth. Then we have to judge. We shouldn't forget that one day Meles and some or very few of his "ACHAFARIWOCH" will leave this country with a lot of mess. So we Ethiopians should be one, think one, work for one (our country). Forget about all trashes and discuss on the basic points.
Bless you all.

Email: talbelaysik@yahoo.com

City: Addis

truly this is one of the big shame in ethiopia histry the name of democrace. after 26 millions of great ethiopians citizens went out to vote and to see thier conutey to be a better place to live in, to work in and to see thire lives to be change for better for ever. now what i see is very sad that this goverment taking away thier GOD GIVING FREEDOM just to be in power and to live good life for themself. it is ok meles you we see you life just like your privious goverment. first we lesen to you what you have to say. you said you work for ethiopians people. i donot think so. meles think about how mony ethiopia people died for you by telling them they will get thire freedom. they beleved in you and they gave their lives thinking one day this great country it will have it is freedom and you gave them this it is a shame. meles you will not be free unless ethiopia is free. go head add another 5 years aganes the will of the people and the people died for freedom. talk is cheep we want realy freedom now OK.

Full of misunderstanding. Please, read carefully and try to understand my intension. Don't be hair spliter look at the context.

Using various pen names, some Eritreans are so desperate to plan the seeds of hate among Ethiopians. Who would tell them their man - Legesse Zenawi - could not even succeed in spite of 14 years of toiling. More than any group of Ethiopians, the defeat of Legesse raised the eye brows of Eritreans. For our Tigrian brothers, we all know the downfall of Melese would have been a celebration. So, Shabia cohorts, please leave this forum. Don't come under the name of "Addis," "Tolossa," and "Hagos." Think of your fate after the Eritrean is kicked out of office!!!

Thank you Gashaw. GOD BLESS YOU.

Dear sir!
even though you erase My message.you have No power To erase The history Of Tigray & the AXUMITE KINGDOM its a true story- you all proud of it as it it was NEFTENGAS history.My dear--through out the century we had came over all the ods.we will pass This too-with No or litel sacrifices.
Concerning Melese Zenawi-i don`t care if u guy`s hung him around "abiot adebabay' he was the Eritrean Ambassador in ETHIOPIA.
DEAR sir. CUD-was campaining In Ethiopian television-you know what they said -In a national television.EPRDF stands To protect & surve The minority Ethnic Group From The TIGRAY.This peoples Were The Only Beneficiary from this Government.
The Othere person--ATO bedru adem (he is MP)-said In last time rally for CUD-In Abyot adebabay----We will Send them BACK -where they came From .how could u say In GOD`s name like this .are nt we Ethiopians-is addis abeba belogs to any speciall group----
Its all documented-there will come a time ------ am sure of it.

Yes, it is high time that we do some thing about EPRDF's malicious effort to instigate fear amongst Tigray people and create deep division amongst Ethiopians. My fellow people of Tigray, It should be no secret to you that Meles wouldn't have promoted ethnic based politics and the right for secession for the sake of long term benefit of people of Tigray. It is very obvious that Tigray won't be the major beneficiary of such a system. He did it for one and only one reason, his Eritrean cause. Meles accepted Eritrean referendum but refused to accept Ethiopian referendum demanding that he step down. Instead, he is instigating suspision and hatred amongst people for his short term gains. let you not be victims of such heinous crime. let you not Meles stand on the way of Unity amongst Ethiopians. There has never been and there won't be any agenda against any people by a group struggling to bring unity amongst Ethiopians. Most are exploiting contextual messages made by individuals directed against the rulers not the people of Tigray. No way!!!

Email: jaduethio@yahoo.com

City: DC area

Ethiopia is Ethiopia with all it's nationalities including Tigres if is there any one out there thinks other wise he/she is wrong.However,the Weyane leaders by any means can't be called Ethiopians b/c their day today activity shows the opposite.Meles and his cliques always worked against the interests of Ethiopia.The rank and file Weyanes are just Ethiopians who don't know where their country is heading,let God open their eyes.

City: Virginia Beach

Thank you Caleb, thank you Jadu. Addis you must understand the reality of our country Ethiopia. We have alresy spent enough time talking about our differences (ethnic or politica d/ces)But let's start to give priority to unity, Democracy and development of our country. We can't avoid our d/ces with what ever means it is natural and normal. What Ethiopia needs now is our unity, love and standing together for common interest. Meles's divide and role policy should not be infulenced us. I'm an Ethiopian, from a tigrian family I don't support this policy because I don't want to lose my country. I don't know why some people support EPRDF or hate CUD blindly. It is not fair and above all it far from the reality.
"EBAKACHUH ENASTEWL" "BEYZAKUM NESTEWEL"

try TO GET THE DEUTSCHE WELLES LAST TIMES BROAD CASTING---LAST WEDNESDAY`S INTERVIEW WITH ATO-TEDROS
http://www2.dw-world.de/amharic/dw-radio/audio/
Ato bedru adems Live speech On the occasions of CUD`s rally at Abyot square.he was saying--this..... We WILL SEND THEM BACK TO WHERE THEY COME FROM.
On that same rally a baptized CUD supporters & members fanning a hateful slogans. (Lit).TIGRE WODE MEKELE NIBRETU WODE KEBELE.Tigre must leave Addis.Most of the news are belongs To CUD,-like lisan,,,minilik.....& many was spreading hateful articles against Tigrians.....(tabloid)-some Ethiopian website`s too

I think the current political atmosphere in Ethiopia is more aptly explained by CUD. I had rather address the current rose/red/orange and yellow revolution that is being dreamt to cud and its supporters who ever they may be. In any case can CUD carry a yellow revolution to a successful revolution?

I think not? Aba Melke Tsadik or Prof Mesfin is too old and too fragile to lead. Engineer Hailu and ato ledtu sooner than later will cut each others throat. The recent CUD release in regard to the ethnic bashing I am told is the work of Ledtu and company. It is said that Ledtu and company have become too uneasy with the extreme elements in Hailu and Mesfin Company. So expect a rift any time soon. Power sharing in the new Addis city will be a litmus taste to the coalition. Word has it most elected members are former AAPO and fired university lecturers who think of themselves highly to be played as pawns by any one. So any colored revolution may be a dream but it will remain dream so long the actors remain the way they are. Some of the rookie politicians have already started to panic that the federal government will come hard on them on their business

r. Belay! i can understand your hate & frustration.and also I know from where does it comes .Belay I can`t tell from your defense racist CUD & its Amharaization, that you Mr.Belay are the supporter of the sprinter group Of "Gebru asrat--Siye abraha..etc),Let me make it clear my self to you.am not In anyway supporter of P.M meles zenawi, Instead i hate him very badly for his unresolved stand To the Eritreans cause. it hurts me very Badly the way things are Going when it comes to Eritrean. To begin with he is the first to Be called "BAND" .
But i hate also the so-called oppositions.specially CUD--it`s main campaign was based on hate & its Targeting One Minority group which is "the Tigrians" Mr.belay Don`t try to defend this Group. they are racist & they have no Long term solution to our problems ,Instead of looking other way of promoting there program they were Using the same way of what the TPLF were using it decade ago! blaming the A,mharas For the suffering of all the Tigrians.LOOK what The CUD -were Using In there campaign---they blame the Tigrians for all the bad things & exaggerating the situation to the maximum. there were saying On a televised campaign speech EPRDF stands only To the Tigrian people & the Tigrians are the Only beneficiary from this government-so people raise up Lets make a change.
lets all say NO-the Tigrian minority rule.
Mr.Belay what do U think of when you hear such kind of hate & targeted To one Minority Group. are U saying fair Or are u saying that i made up the story???Believe me its all documented it won`t be long to be public you will see it for yourself
Belay--I love & have 100% respect to his excellency Dr.Beyene petros he is the real & royal opposition. the rest i mean CUD-& EDP`s are just emotional have No long time energy To exist as a political parties. make my word they wont stay long .
Belay the majority of CUD`s are corrupt & greedy, you will notice after they assume the power in Addis .
Ethnically based Ideology did`nt help the Meles group ,so will the CUD--racist right wing group.there demise is very near. they didn`t expected to win the elections that`s why they play the ethical staff, now they are in the middle of no-where.that's`why they are demanding the power now or never,because they know it very well they may Not exist strong as they look Like Now.
UEDF--is Most likely to disassociate From this fanatic & emotional elements,,,,,,they are already starting to think very differently, u may read the last time separate interviews & press release. it shows there dissimilarity & nonnegotiable ideology. it won`t be long to see this two groups go differently............

Addis, your TPLF/EPRDF political sickness has been similar since a long period of time. Look at the names given to some one who is a Tigrean opposses TPLF/EPRDF:
Before the split of TPLF/EPRDF he was named as EDU.
After te split of TPLF/EPRDF he was named as ANJA. And this days as CUD. This is realy a political drought. To tell you the truth I don't blame other parties for basing their propaganda ethinical b/c who is TPLF/EPRDF after all. Even you are explaining your hate on Amaharas. Unless TPLF/EPRDF are kicked out of office, Ethiopia will not get peace. TEREDADINA DO?

Nobody welcomed WOYANE happily in 1991 except listros and Tigres as well as Eriteans. The rest of the people were angry and amazed. Tamagn Beyene's new released DVD shows exactly how the situation looked like back them. WOYANE soldiers were seen as occupiers as was Fashist Italia. belay, don't try to tell us they they were welcomed happily and don't try to make it look like Tigres are not involved in supporting and conforting this government. ARADA.

City: Washington DC

Dear Chisegaw,

I don't believe even the LISTROs welcomed Woyane to Addis. I know many 'listros' who were making fun of woyane's ignorance and attempting to profit from it. Woyane is the most distasteful government in Ethiopia's recent history for the fact that...

1.Woyane is the only government in the history of Ethiopia (or any other government in the world for that matter) that sold, gave away, the country's territorial interest for no apparent gain other than to secure dominance over the majority of the people.

2.Woyane is the only stupid government that divided the country along ethnic line by instituting ethnic federalism to its own determent. When the rest of the world fights for unity Meles and his clique divided the country into ethnicity for no apparent reason but stay in power. I would also like to emphasis the fact that Woyane is not even a collection of people, over twenty five CC members, which it was before. Woyane and the current Ethiopian government is a shell solely dominated by Meles, Sebhat, and very few other individuals with Meles making all important decisions.

Mengistu and his Derg were brutal, fascistic and barbaric. They have shed the blood of Ethiopian’s like no other in our history to secure political power, however they were multiethnic Ethiopian fascists. NewEthiopia this is the difference between the Derg and Meles’ Woyane.

Yours truly
T. Birhan

City: Washington DC

Dear Belay, I think you are a sell out.I am ashamed you consider yourself a Tigraway.

Email: lalai3@aol.com

City: nyc

Thanks Belay. We know Tigrians are Ethiopian. We know Oromiayas are Ethiopians. Gambellas are Ethiopians. Guragayes are Ethiopians. Hararies are Ethiopians. Gonderas, Gojams, Wolleyas, Kembatays, Afars and all who believed on Ethiopia are Ethiopians. EPDRF doesn't represent Ethiopians. Let Stand together don't worry about hair splitter. Stand strong. We know the time has come. Forget Melese and Berket Supporters. Ok

City: Falls Church