Career Resources
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tech II (buyer)

http://www.johnmuirhealth.com/index.php/pharmacy3b.html

Technician Positions & Job Descriptions:

Technician I

Under the supervision of a pharmacist, the Technician assists in preparing patient medications for registered patients and outpatients as well as performs other tasks relating to the receipt, charging and delivery of products. Other responsibilities include:
Utilizing reference materials and computer tools
Maintaining legible and organized records
Completing appropriate reports for unusual occurrences, drug wastage and patient concerns, notifying department managers of significant actions
Performing inventory of assigned areas
Interacting professionally with supervisors, colleagues, other health care workers, physicians and patients to create a harmonious work environment
Participating in continuous quality improvement, identifying problems, suggesting alternatives, and evaluating solutions

Minimum Qualifications:
Two years of college preferred (High School graduate, including courses in mathematics, typing and general science is acceptable)
Completion of an approved inpatient Certified Pharmacy Technician program or two years experience as an inpatient Pharmacy Technician is desired
Possess a valid certificate of registration as a Pharmacy Technician, issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy

Technician II

All duties, functions and qualifications for
Technician I, plus:
Performing functions of purchasing assistant and financial assistant for ETO
Assisting with ATC, Pyxis and Clinstar procedures and operations

Technician III

All duties, functions and qualifications for Technician II, plus:
Providing formal feedback to Technicians I and II
Assisting in training and implementation of procedural changes
Assisting in hiring decisions of new technicians

Name of Facility: East Jefferson General Hospital

City, State: Metairie, LA