This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: West-Ward Slide further down

Baxter's sell-out of injectables to West-ward has to be one of the worst business decisions in recent history. To say that West-ward was completely unprepared to enter the market fully stocked with products is a huge understatement! And to be the only manufacturer of several important drugs, like glycopyrrolate (American Regent doesn't count!) and have none for distribution calls into question their ability to ever meet market demand.
Multiple communications have been sent out detailing the "seamless" transition of NDCs for glyco. Really??? I must have missed that!!
And now to have to rely on wholesalers to protect the interests of pharmacy buyers over profit by selling to black marketers by refusing direct orders, West-ward chalks up another strike against themselves.

Name of Facility: Porter Regional Hospital

City, State: Valparaiso IN

Years as a Buyer: 15+

.......and WestWard's explanation for the glycopyrrolate dramatic price increase is ............. :)

Name of Facility: IUH Bloomington

City, State: Indiana

Years as a Buyer: 7

Sounds like crickets in the middle of the night. Im doing what I can to stear clear of them as much as possible. There are serveral items that are dual awarded that I will pay a bit more for so I dont have to buy there product. Its not much but it is a stand against what they are doing.

Name of Facility: Memorial Hospital

City, State: Marysville, Ohio

Years as a Buyer: 30+