This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Min Max shelf stickers

Ok so up until this point, min max stuff has pretty much just been in my head. However I am wanting to label the shelves with this information.

However I am running into issues on how I should label slow moving tablets, so I was wondering how everyone else does it.

Do you for example say redorder 1 bottle/box at 10 tablets or put the reorder point at 0 and the max at 1?

In the past I just typically reorder when there is a few left in the bin since we have the items stocked in various omnicell's so we still have about a day's supply.

Hopefully my question makes sense!

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

City, State: Turlock, Ca

Years as a Buyer: 7

Re: Min Max shelf stickers

Currently we have a carousel and a perpetual inventory system but when I used shelf labels I labeled each item in the following way: 10/1x100 or however many were in a box/bottle. I found, through trial and error that this method, used consistantly, worked best. I hope this helps.

Name of Facility: Aspirus wausau Hospital

City, State: Wausau, Wisconsin

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: Min Max shelf stickers

Hi, back when we had shelves we used the Cardinal tags to label the shelf. Then we'd write the reorder point. So, if the level was 6 boxes the tag in the corner would say 6. If it was a slow moving item we would label it PRN. The Cardinal tags were nice because it has the name of the product, package size, NDC number and cardinal number on it.