This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drug Shortages

In an article that was sent out today in the Health Purchasing News: author states that pharmacy directors spent/spend, on average, 9 hours per week dealing with drug shortages and technicians, 8. Wonder why ASHP didn't poll buyers'. Occasions where almost my entire day has been spent dealing with the shortages!!! How about yours?

Name of Facility: Fremont Area Medical Center

City, State: Fremont, NE.

Years as a Buyer: 35+

Re: Drug Shortages

AMEN, 8 hrs a week, come on! The majority of my time is currently spent on tracking down supplies. This leave little time to get done my day to day chores. My local reps hear from me a lot, thank goodness I have great ones!

Name of Facility: Loma Linda Medical Center

City, State: Loma Linda,CA

Years as a Buyer: 22

I swear sometimes most of my week is dealing with shortages.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

City, State: Turlock, Ca

Years as a Buyer: 6

Keep your ear in the ground. Information is key into forecasting potential future drug issues. It's sad that no organization is approaching this issue pro-actively.

Name of Facility: IU Health Bloomington

City, State: Bloomington

Years as a Buyer: 5+

Please consider joining us at the upcoming 2011 NPPA Conference August 15-18, at Tropicana Las Vegas, where our keynote educational session will address the problems of this topic and it’s possible solutions (with attendee involvement), in the Symposium session: "Drug Shortages – Navigating the National Crisis." See our Attendee Conference page here to register and for more information.

Name of Facility: Summerdale Enterprises, Inc.

City, State: San Diego

Years as a Buyer: N/A