This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Generic Levaqin

Sandoz and Hospira are the 2 companies that I have heard about thus far. Next week we should know if the FDA has approved their ANDAs.

Name of Facility: St. Francis Health Center

City, State: Topeka, KS

Years as a Buyer: 25+

I was told the novation award went to Sagent and they will be starting to ship on the 21st so watch you wholesalers for information...I know that the pricing is supposed to be GREAT.

Name of Facility: Sutter Medical Center

City, State: Sacramento, CA

Years as a Buyer: 7

My Hospira rep sent me an email yesterday saying 6/21 and there was 10% incentive for pre booking.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

City, State: Turlock, Ca

Years as a Buyer: 5

Premier just sent out update stating that Hospira has not received FDA approval and that there has been no communication from Sandoz regarding their approval. Is it just me, or could we be in trouble depending on Hospira for this (or any) product??!

Name of Facility: Fremont Area Medical Center

City, State: Fremont, NE.

Years as a Buyer: forever

I think we are all in trouble. I prebooked with Hospira, but am now paying WAC, as I'm sure we all are.

Name of Facility: Porter Hospital

City, State: VAlparaiso Indiana

Years as a Buyer: 12

In the July/August edition of Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook, there will be a listing of all the companies that have had their generic versions of Levaquin® (levofloxacin) approved by the FDA. As of this posting, several companies have been granted 180-day exclusivity on the different strengths and preparations of the drug, so not all the companies listed will have the product available, and each of these companies may not have all strengths and preparations immediately available. I'm sure your drug reps will keep you advised when their product will be available.
For a complete listing of the generic Levofloxacin approvals, see the "Breaking Recalls & Other News" link on our website's home page (which will bring you to the "Member-Only Resources" page).

Name of Facility: NPPA

City, State: San Diego, CA

Years as a Buyer: 30+ (retired)