This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lovenox teaching kits

Any one found an alternitive to Lovenox teaching kits now that Sanofi-Aventis is not providing them.

Name of Facility: MidCoast Hospital

City, State: Brunswick Me

Years as a Buyer: 12

Re: Lovenox teaching kits

Our facility has taken the teaching information from the kits (available at lovenox.com) and loaded it on our internet. We also got the video loaded on our in house television options, so the nurse can show it in room while teaching. So far, it's worked really well for us. The only thing we weren't able to replicate was the sharps container.

Name of Facility: Edward Hospital

City, State: Naperville, IL

Years as a Buyer: 5

The last time I called for kits, we were provided with a Mini Kit Brochure. It is a spiral bound book, which comes with a DVD, and step by step visual card for the patient.

Name of Facility: CoxHealth

City, State: Springfield MO

Years as a Buyer: 5

The kit are available again for Lovenox. Call the company direct.

Name of Facility: St Patrick Hospital

City, State: Missoula Mt

Years as a Buyer: 25

thanks for the update on the Lovenox Discharge Kits. We, too, were putting our own kits together but had issues with the sharps containers. Having them available again is one less thing to have to figure out!!!

Name of Facility: Fremont Area Medical Center

City, State: Fremont, NE.

Years as a Buyer: forever

I got this email from novation hope it helps you out with your quest.

Sanofi Update: "At Home with Lovenox®" Discharge Kits

In early January, Sanofi sent a letter to some members announcing that it would no longer provide discharge kits for Lovenox (enoxaparin sodium injection) as of March or April. Due to members' concerns that discontinuation of the kits could lead to potential patient safety issues, Novation asked Sanofi-Aventis to continue producing the kits

In response to our request, Sanofi provided the following message:
"Per our conversation, Sanofi-Aventis intends to continue to produce and resume shipments of the "At Home with Lovenox (enoxaparin sodium injection) discharge kits" once we receive final approval from the FDA.

"Sanofi-Aventis will, after receiving the FDA approval, send letters to those member accounts who ordered kits in the past six months.

"Because we are waiting for the final approval from the FDA, we cannot predict or commit to a date that we will resume shipment of the kits. In the meantime, the patient educational materials that are included in the kits are still available for your customers and their patients by visiting www.lovenox.com

"Your patience is appreciated as we work with the FDA to resolve this current issue. I will keep you apprised."

Regards,

Lou Rossi
Interim Director, Corporate Specialty Accounts US Managed Markets Sanofi-Aventis
(716) 674-6637 office
(716) 553-0526 mobile
louis.rossi@sanofi-aventis.com

Name of Facility: EMERSON HOSPITAL

City, State: CONCORD, MASS.

Years as a Buyer: 30+

I was told from my buying group that Sandoz will provide them. Havent needed any yet to test this out.

Name of Facility: Memorial Hospital of Union County

City, State: Marysvile,Ohio

Years as a Buyer: Way to long