Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Buyer Day

THANKS Kathy

Name of Facility: LHC Group Pharmaceutical Services

City, State: Lafayette, La

Years as a Buyer: 3 years

Thanks, Kathy, and thanks for all you do to promote pharmacy buyers. Hope your pharmacy department had a great week. Ours did, we had breakfast, lunches, and dinners for evening staff; we also offered pharmacy tours for nursing staff, sent candy to our nursing units and surgery staff, thanking them for being part of our team. We also sent cookies to one of the area hospital pharmacies and our system home parental pharmacy. I am sure I probably left something out but we all had a great week.

Name of Facility: CoxHealth

City, State: Springfield MO

Years as a Buyer: 4

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. We also had a lot of food and we took cookies to many of the departments one day.

Name of Facility: St. Francis

City, State: Topeka, KS

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: What Small Step Did You Do For Buyer Day?

When I was hired here February, 2010, there was no Pharmacy Buyer. You just wrote down what you thought was needed, and someone would order the next day. The first thing I did was creating a buyer position, and put my best technician into this role. Since that time, we have implemented CardinalASSIST, streamlined our Pyxis® inventories, and keep a daily log of what is ordered to match against out budget numbers for the month. We now are consistently under budget unless we have a big month, and then we are over budget for our Revenue as well as our drug expense.

Name of Facility: Florida Hospital Heartland Division

City, State: Sebring, FL

Years as a Buyer: N/A