This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
re: Quelicin/ Anectine

I know there was a message on this in July, and we just this week have ran out of the Quelicin product. Im tired of getting screamed at because Hospira cant supply their products! I have a call into Ameridose, anyone else out there know of options..Or is there any Illinois buyer out there sitting on a load of this, I would pay anything at this point to get!
Thanks, Desperate in Illinois!

Name of Facility: provena Covenant Medical Center

City, State: Urbana, Ill

Years as a Buyer: 20

This backorder situation has been horrible!

Unfortunately there are quite a few pharmaceutical companies that have left the market on certain drugs due to the FDA coming down on them with stricter protocols and procedures. Hospira seems to be the only company out there that cares enough to continue to mfg products other companies stopped making.

Name of Facility: Southern NH Medical center

City, State: Nashua, NH

Years as a Buyer: 7

I am also in Illinois. Also running out quickly... If you have come up with any sources, please share! Thanks.

Name of Facility: Adventist Bolingbrook

City, State: Bolingbrook Il

Years as a Buyer: 6

Wow, wish I had some good news! As someone mentioned,
place a BO through manf. and your wholesaler, thats about the best you can do...I actually was able to get 10 vials from one of our other Provena hospitals, with alot of begging! Not sure whats going to happen when those are gone..Hang in there Kelly!

The best thing you can do is get a direct order to Hospira as soon as possible. They will fill direct before filling orders from wholesalers!
There is usually a fairly long wating period before you get your drugs, but still sooner than anyone wating to get it from Cardinal, Amerisource, etc.

Name of Facility: Porter Hospital

City, State: Valparaiso IN

Years as a Buyer: 11

I am also in the proverbial dire straits with succinylcholine. I have placed direct orders with hospira in mid July that remain unfilled. I actually borrowed some from a neighbor hospital on the premise that I would be able to replace it with product from a "gray market" vendor. That order never arrived. We have taken all the steps that we can to minimize usage and wastage, but are still a day or two from being completely out.
I am to the point where I would trade my bactrim vials!

Name of Facility: good samaritan hosptal

City, State: downers grove il

Years as a Buyer: 8

Hey Matt, If by some miracle I get Succinylcholine, I will take you up on that trade!

If in need and no other resource, consider compounding companies. We use AmeriDose, but Pharmakon and others will do.

Name of Facility: Bloomington Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 5+