This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pyxis Tech

We use Omnicell here, but we also have 2 techs who share the job. I think I have a recommended check list of things that need to be done when you have automated dispensing I will try to find that for you and email it.

My two techs are considered the Omnicell administrators. They are not filling the machines on a daily basis.

They are overseeing the addition of new drugs, and updating barcodes pretty much daily.

They are periodically running par vs usage reports and removing drugs from machines that have not been used in longer than 3 months to keep machines from filling up and keep our Omnicell inventory from getting outrageous. If we do have a machine fill up they figure out what can be removed or moved to a different machine.

They are in charge of adding all new users to the system, via a form that is sent to the pharmacy.

They oversee the outdates and cycle counts in the machines (we do have some machines assigned to floor techs because with 30 plus machines two people just can't get to all of them every month). Outdates are done once a month and cycle counts every quarter.

They run reports and look at discrepancies pretty much daily.

They also look at a report generated from IT daily, it details items removed from Omnicell that were not scanned/billed via eMar and reconcile it.

The pull the narcs for the AM and Afternoon narc runs.

Of course they are responsible for maintenance and bringing up of any new machines.

They are also cross trained to be my back ups for when I am out.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

City, State: Turlock, California

Years as a Buyer: 5

Re: Pyxis Tech

Found one link:
http://www.ismp.org/tools/guidelines/ADC_Guidelines_Final.pdf

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

City, State: Turlock, California

Years as a Buyer: 5