This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HOSPIRA PREFILLED EMERGENCY SYRINGES

GOOD DAY
Just a follow up from my post in november about
AMPHASTER discontinuing thier emergency syringe line.

in that post i warned eveyone about how we may have some problems with this down the line.

well HOSPIRA the only ones left making these items is now running into back order problems. My rep tells me they are having trouble keeping up with the demand. i have all ready seen back orderes on the atropine syringes (it did not last long) Now the sodium bicarb syringe 50ml size is on back order till mid march. OUCH.... My wholesalers are out of stock all ready.
heads up keep an eye on this one....

have a safe weekend and stay well.......
sandy

Name of Facility: EMERSON HOSPITAL

City, State: CONCORD, MASS

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: HOSPIRA PREFILLED EMERGENCY SYRINGES

Hospira is having a lot of problems right now. I talked to our Rep the other day and he told me that they had to shut down one of thier plants awhile back because of FDA/Product quality issues. So on top of the IMS market withdrawl on the emergency prefilled syringes the Hospira manufacturing is also a problem along with the increased demand for thier product. He also told me they don't expect the situation to get better until sometime in the early fall. Not good for any of us.

Name of Facility: Good Samaritan Hospital

City, State: Puyallup, Wa.

So what is everyone doing to replace the emergency
syringes? Vials?

Name of Facility: Claxton Hepburn Medical Center

City, State: Ogdensburg, NY

Years as a Buyer: 20+

We stocked up on the hospira syringes.
but we are now just about out and plan to have Ameridose make it for us. PRICE OUCH.

Name of Facility: EMERSON HOSPITAL

City, State: MASS

We are using vials if they are available except for epinephrine syringes. We are making a kit with an epi amp, 10mL saline flush syringe, filter needle or straw and alcohol pad, with instructions on the label to assemble. We also bought 3-1/2 inch spinal needles to use in a similar kit to substitute for the cardiac syringe. We seal each kit in an amber bag to protect the epi amp from light. So far, they seem to be working.
I hear a lot more complaints about nurses/EMS having to draw up the dextrose vials--thick fluid and 50mL--not a good combination. I wonder what we will do when we run out ov vials, since no syringes or vials are available from Cardinal. Make end up with Ameridose, too!

Name of Facility: Porter Hospital

City, State: Valparaiso IN

Years as a Buyer: 11