This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ER Prepacks

Are any of you buying prepackaged meds to dispense out of your ER (24-72 hours supply)? Or is your pharmacy making them up themselves?

Thanks,
Jeff B

Name of Facility: Sacred Heart Medical center

City, State: Eugene, OR

Years as a Buyer: 14

Re: ER Prepacks

We used to do this, but we have stopped. The pharmacy used to make them up in bottles with a 7 day supply. We continued them for our Department of Corrections patients because it was part of our contract that we needed to continue, but they are stored in a Pyxis and are only for DOC patients. We will probably try to phase that out during the next contract cycle.

We do buy these from a pharmacy in Oklahoma City called PDRx Pharmaceuticals. We purchase the Take-Home Percocet, Vicodin, and Tylenol #3. We are pleased with their services. Let me know if you need more information. Take care!

Name of Facility: Memorial Health System

City, State: Colorado Springs, CO

Years as a Buyer: 1

We have been getting good pricing quotes from a different company. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll pass on the contact information to you.

Name of Facility: Sacred Heart Medical center

City, State: Eugene, OR

Years as a Buyer: 14

That is great to hear! I would love to know what other companies are out there for this market. Can you email me the contact information for the companies you have been investigating? Thanks and good luck!

Name of Facility: Memorial Health System

City, State: Colorado Springs, CO

Years as a Buyer: 1