This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ephedrine inj

update.....
hospira now says they will continue to make this till end of 2010. but its out of stock till end of march some time.

sandoz is selling it but is out of stock and has no idea when some will be shipped out..

good luck

Name of Facility: EMERSON HOSPITAL

City, State: CONCORD, MASS

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get supply from my wholesaler to get us through the next couple of months. thanks again

Name of Facility: Fremont Area Medical Center

City, State: Fremont, NE

Years as a Buyer: 35

Letter from Hospira

January 29, 2010

Dear Valued Customer,

On January 19, 2010 we notified you that we were unable to continue to supply Ephedrine Sulfate Injection, USP (NDC #0409-3073-31) to the market place.

We understand that many customers are having a difficult time obtaining this product in the marketplace. We have worked with our supply partners and the FDA and have made the commitment to continue to supply Ephedrine Sulfate Injection, USP through 2010.

In the fourth quarter of 2010, the current market environment will be evaluated and a determination will be made if there remains a need for Hospira to continue to license and manufacture this product.

The next projected delivery is mid-March 2010 and we will be delivering product into the wholesale chain as we know this is your preferred method for accessing this controlled drug.
Keep in mind that supply may remain tight as we re-ramp up production.

We apologize in advance for this inconvenience.

Thank you for your support of the Hospira Injectable Portfolio.

Kind Regards,

Jenny Gattari
Jenny Gattari
Marketing Manager, Injectables
Hospira
224-212-2512

Name of Facility: East Jefferson General Hospital

City, State: Metairie, LA

I was able to get a drop shipment through Cardinal from Akorn (50mg/ml 10x1ml amps); they do have a $75.00 minimum and are projecting 3-5 business days for receipt of product. I hope to see mine by mid-week.

Name of Facility: Porter Hospital

City, State: Valparaiso IN

Years as a Buyer: 10+