This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Talyst Autopack

We reuse the canisters when we can. As long as it is the same drug and strenght you can change the NDC number in the Autopharm pre-pack software and reuse the canister. Most of the time the new tab/cap works in the old canister. Otherwise if we can't reuse them we keep them for spare parts.

Name of Facility: Rapid City Regional Hospital

City, State: Rapid City, SD

Years as a Buyer: 7

Jen Benton
However, we are trying to find out now, how to recycle the 60+ canisters we have that are worthless, because of manufacturer discontinued meds, recalled meds or contract changes. They will not recallibrate them as McKesson or SwissLog will. And they won't exchange them either.
)

Will they recalibrate them for a fee or not at all?? We have around 70 canisters right now and growing. I use the STS track a lot more than I would like! I also have found some different NDC's work in the same canister. Sometimes our buyer finds a really good deal, so I test the canister out first, and sometimes it works! I have had atleast 3 canisters come from Talyst that the tab must have changed since they last updated their canister list because they double drop, so we need to get then recalibrated soon.

Name of Facility: EMMC

City, State: Maine

The canisters are basically scrap once you cannot use them. You would think Talyst would be on top of that, but not a chance.

We have probably 100-130 used canisters and there is no return program anywhere. Talyst will listen, but putting it on their list of "things to get to" list which will still take anywhere from 18-24 months at this point.

Their performance has improved since getting rid of a few high level employees, but they have a long way to go.

Also - reusing them is nice if you can, but its usually "one of 20" that can be reused.

Do you still have a lot of old canisters you are not using anymore? Is it because the meds are discontinued? Would you mind sending me a list of the canisters and their NDC#s? Maybe we could trade or something

I can put together a list. Sorry this took so long, I have not been back to this page in some time.