This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hospira

I know they are having problems with their Morphine carpujects. Our rep informed us that we could place a direct order thru them and have a better chance of getting more Morphine. Thats the only thing that I've noticed coming up short from them.

Name of Facility: Joint Township District Memoral Hospital

City, State: St. Marys OH

Years as a Buyer: 6

I was beginning to wonder if they are going out of business!! Besides morphine, NTG bottles, vancomycin vials (all sizes), hydromorphone, etc. The list goes on.
I order direct,too, but Hospira can't predict a shipping date, but at least I know I've tried! I was told years ago by the rep I had then to always place a direct order if the wholesaler was out. Supposedly, Hospira fills direct orders ahead of wholesaler orders--don't know if that is still the case.

Name of Facility: Porter Hospital

City, State: Valparaiso IN

Years as a Buyer: 10+

We have been having problems also with the hydromorp. 2mg carp. and also the ms 10mg carp
but i thought it was just my wholesaler being out we have a back up wholesaler that helps a lot.
the problem i have seen latley is the heparin in the carp 5,ooounits

Name of Facility: Emerson Hospital

City, State: CONCORD MASS

Years as a Buyer: 32 years

Shortages are getting out of hand.
- Everybody is cutting costs. This for some may be by cutting corners and later on getting dinged by FDA.Some others produce just enough to cover their marketshare and when one of manufacture is not able to supply the poduct, the others can't fill in the gap.
- Economy worldwide hit the raw material suppliers.
- Games of prolonging the release of the new generics are getting more and more "sofisticated".

Name of Facility: Bloomington Hospital

City, State: Bloomington, IN

Years as a Buyer: 4