This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Changing Wholesalers

Has anyone had experience with Mckessons IDB compared to Cardinal or Amerisource Bergen?
I bill many clinic for medications. Mckesson has a very user friendy IDB system.

Name of Facility: Mercy Health System

City, State: Janesville, WI

Years as a Buyer: 7 years

I have used both Cardinal (current) and Amerisource Bergen. I really liked Amerisoucre for their customer service, few picking errors and my rep.
I used the IDB alot with Amerisource, that was with the old Windows system, and it was very easy to use.

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: Valparaiso Indiana

Years as a Buyer: 10

I have used Both Cardinal and McKesson, but we keep going back to Amerisource Bergen. I have used all three IDB and they all get the job done.
All of the wholesalers have thier problems.
McKesson didn't seem to understand that we are a HOSPITAL pharmacy and needed UD items and LOTS of injectables, They kept deleting them, it was terrible.
Cardinal was good until they went to centralized customer service and none of the people there knew anything about the drugs and why you needed it yesterday!
Amerisource Bergen in my area has some Pharmacy Techs for customer servicethat are actually in the Division which is a novelty these days. As far as customer service goes Amerisource Bergen has them all beat hands down for me.

Name of Facility: Good Samaritan Hospital

City, State: Puyallup, WA

Years as a Buyer: 30

Re: Re: Changing Wholesalers

I totally agree about Amerisource's customer service. When we had to change to Cardinal a couple of years ago, one of my requests was that I have a dedicated CS rep--and I did until the last month or so, and now I get whoever and no one from Cardinal has explained why.
Having a dedicated CS person is a huge plus to me. To be able to talk to the same person all the time just makes so much sense to me, especially if dealing with a recurring issue. You don't have to repeat yourself time and again to every rep in the division!

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: Valparaiso Indiana

Years as a Buyer: 10