This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Nationwide Recall of ETHEX products

Why ethics could apply to your concerns, legally the recall process regulated by the FDA use a Risk/Benefit Analyst when enforcing recalls. Below are the classifications of recalls and a quick description of each, information is from the FDA's website;

Recall Classifications
These guidelines categorize all recalls into one of three classes, according to the level of hazard involved:

Class I: Dangerous or defective products that predictably could cause serious health problems or death. Examples include: food found to contain botulinum toxin, food with undeclared allergens, a label mix-up on a lifesaving drug, or a defective artificial heart valve.

Class II: Products that might cause a temporary health problem, or pose only a slight threat of a serious nature. Example: a drug that is under-strength but that is not used to treat life-threatening situations.

Class III: Products that are unlikely to cause any adverse health reaction, but that violate FDA labeling or manufacturing laws. Examples include: a minor container defect and lack of English labeling in a retail food.

More information can be found at the links below:

http://www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/recalls123107.html

http://www.recalls.gov/

Name of Facility: East Jefferson General Hospital

City, State: Metairie, LA

Re: Re: Re: Nationwide Recall of ETHEX products

I called Ethex Corp this morning with that same question and they said Hospitals would be under the retail pharmacy level. The only items at that level recalled are Hydromorphone 2mg tablets and Metoprolol ER 25, 50,100mg.

Name of Facility: Tri-City Medical Center

City, State: Oceanside, Ca

Years as a Buyer: 15

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nationwide Recall of ETHEX products

thanks guys! I forgot to check back for the responses after I got the recall notice from AB the next day.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

Years as a Buyer: 3