This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pharmacy Buyer Job Description

My current job description is for Tech III. My facility is changing it to Pharmacy Buyer. Does anyone have a job description that you can email me so that I have a starting point to adapt to fit my job? I sure do appreciate any help. My email is uhl@agnesian.com.
Thank you,
Karn
CPht (Pharmacy Buyer)
Fond du Lac, WI.

Name of Facility: St Agnes Hospital

City, State: Fond du Lac,WI

Years as a Buyer: 10

Re: Pharmacy Buyer Job Description

Essential Functions

I. Supervise the purchasing, receiving, barcoding, and prepacking of all pharmaceuticals and other supplies utilized by the Department of Pharmacy;

II. Supervises and insures appropriate inventory operations to maintain continuum of care across the pharmaceutical supply chain originating from the Department of Pharmacy to all departments, units, clinics, offices, and facilities associated with East Jefferson General Hospital;

III. Responsible for strategic planning and analysis; includes obtaining up to date market information to assist with identifying new opportunities, tracking and evaluating trends and changes to determine the potential impact such changes might have on East Jefferson General Hospital;

IV. Responsible for analyzing and assessing the procurement methodologies and feasibility to ensure financial optimization by the Department of Pharmacy; requires assessment of the operational terms and conditions to determine contract compliance and/or improvement opportunities; based on the financial and operational review, provides recommendation of how to proceed (i.e. amend, terminate, renegotiate, etc.) going forward;

V. Supervise, train, develop, and evaluate personal within the Department of Pharmacy assigned to the pharmaceutical supply chain daily operations;

VI. Performs other duties as assigned;

Name of Facility: East Jefferson General Hospital

City, State: Metairie, LA

Re: Pharmacy Buyer Job Description

good old number VI...

Name of Facility: good samaritan hospital

City, State: downers grove il

Years as a Buyer: 7