This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Outdates- do not publish

All of our techs have an assigned area inside of the pharmacy and in the outside departments. We pull 2 months in advance to assure there won't be outdated drugs lingering around. We check our areas monthly and actually have a report to fill out when it gets completed. We then use those reports for a quality assurance project to find patterns or problems. If its a high dollar item, then we let it ride till it expires and replace it at that time.

Name of Facility: JTDMH

City, State: Hosptial

Re: Re: Outdates- do not publish

Our techs as well as myself all have sections inside and outside of the main pharmacy that we have to check monthly. We also pull 2 months ahead. We also have a form to fill out and if our supervisor does not have a form for each month in our file it counts off our yearly raise. We also have a reverse distributor that comes in every 8 weeks and takes all the expired meds and they do a double check.

Name of Facility: Northeast Ga. Medical Center

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 9

I have two high school/college freshman that work under my supervision. They are responsible for monthly shelf inspections. I do go behind them every Monday on my "all day" walk through and make sure that there aren't any lingering outdates. I usually find some. The techs are assigned outside areas. We have one tecch that is responsible for all our physician offices and she travels all month.

Name of Facility: Arnot Ogden Medical Center

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 8

Our techs are assigned different areas inside the hospital and on the campus. Our physician offices are inspected monthly by the nurse at that office. I go out once a year and check behind them to make sure the inspections are being done right. I think we are going to twice a year.

Name of Facility: McLeod Regional Medical Center

Years as a Buyer: 10 years

Our practices are the same as Amy's. Techs each have designated area which includes pyxis units, crash carts, cupboards, etc. One of them is also responsible for the pharmacy itself. I audit and check outdates in the CII safe.

Name of Facility: Fremont Area Medical Center

City, State: hospital

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Every tech has a section that they're responsible for.