This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Call for Speakers

I think all of these are great ideas. I think the financial piece of life right now would be excellent. This is an area where the Buyer can shine, provide reports and make themselves an important part of the pharmacy team. I would be happy to serve on a panel or as a speaker. I currently provide many reports to my Director that go to the COO & CEO of the hospital and would be willing to share.

Name of Facility: St. Francis Health Center

City, State: Acute

Years as a Buyer: 25+

Re: Call for Speakers

Speaking as a beginer of sorts, maybe some tips and tricks of the trade, what a typical buyers day looks like, what reports to use and how to use them to maxiumize savings (I realize this differs between wholesalers but you can generalize) and a talk on principles of inventory management as it pertians to pharmacy buyers, cover things like setting par levels, inventory turns ect...the basics.

This would keep me glued to my seat, as some one who received no training for her position I often times do not know that I don't know something and I don't think I am alone on that.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

Years as a Buyer: 3

Re: Re: Call for Speakers

Inventory Management
Automation Management
797 Guidelines

Name of Facility: Hunt Regional Medical Center

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 5

The Pharmacy Technician Schools are spitting out tons of technicians in the field. The cost of the schools ranges from $0 to $22,000 and the length of the course is from 4 months to 13 months. All my interviews with the technicians I have encounter from these different schools have one thing in common...they do not have concepts of making IV's and/or calculating the mathematical part of it. Majority of the applicants are in this status, so my suggestion is to have a speaker on a topic of "How to find the best candidate to fill in for Pharmacy Technicians position." thank you

Name of Facility: San Joaquin Community Hospital

How about some real networking. Let's see if we can get together some good website tips, Like the ASHP site and what it has to offer to Pharmacy Buyers. Maybe we can get someone from The ASHP to talk? Also The CDC web site has a lot to offer about flu vaccine availability around flu season, even our own GPO web site and your local State Board and DEA web sites, the list goes on and on.

Name of Facility: Good Samaritan Hospital

City, State: Puyallup, Washington

Years as a Buyer: 30