This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
McKesson Med Carousel & Pacmed

Our pharmacy is in the process of installing a Mckesson Med Carousel and PacMed.Does any one have any advice or tips on what to do or not to do on loading and setting up? I would appreciate any info. Thanks Tammy

Name of Facility: Northeast Ga. Medical Center

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 8

Re: McKesson Med Carousel & Pacmed

I recently installed a McKesson Med Carousel this summer and there is alot of things that I could I could tell you or give you tips on. Contact me direct and I will help you. One thing it does take alot of your time and it helps if there is more than one person involved and it is hard to do the install and your job at the same time.

Name of Facility: Mount Carmel Medical Center

City, State: Teaching Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 10

Re: Re: McKesson Med Carousel & Pacmed

I will be in touch and Thanks

Re: McKesson Med Carousel & Pacmed

I agree with Shawn. I would add the med configuration to the Carousel yourself as you know better than anyone else what your par levels should be. You will need help as it's hard to do both your job and get this rolling. There are only 2 sizes of bins with dividers, small and XL that go inside the shelves. When I asked for some help from our staff towards the end I was amazed how they thought 100 Augmentin was going to fit in a "2x2" space. We installed PacMed, 1 Med Carousel and the Robot, plus the McKesson Pharmacy computer system at the same time this year. I did live to tell about it! Call me if you like.
760 773 1217

Name of Facility: Eisenhower Medical Center

City, State: NFP Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 30

Thanks Debby. We are also installing a PacMed. I will be giving you a call.

we have everything McKesson has to offer besides robot. Check the new 6.8 version of CRX. It offers a lot more on carousell. Also, if you use McKesson as a wholesaler, use ROP and ROQ to help you in determining par a max levels. JCAHO asked if we took sound alike/look alike meds in consideration when we mapped the carousells. Juse make sure you do not put hydralazine and hydroxyzine (or different strengths of levothyroxine) in different depths of the same bin.

Name of Facility: Bloomington Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2+

Re: Re: Re: McKesson Med Carousel & Pacmed

Thanks for all the info it has really been a big help. Please keep the info coming!!