This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: morphine 4mg/ ml carpuject

Morphine 2mg carpuject is a problem, too. We ordered from Cardinal on 9/8 and received on 9/18.

It seems to me that Hospira is having issue with LOTS of mfg outs. Or is it just Cardinal???

I also saw today on the ASHP drug shortage list that Baxter and IMS are experiencing shortages of morphine PCAs that I imagine will directly affect Hospira's supply.

I've never tried ordering C-IIs directly from Hospira the way I do anything else of theirs that out at Cardinal. At least they will fill those orders before filling wholesaler orders--just a thought!

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 9

Re: morphine 4mg/ ml carpuject

I spoke with Hospira yesterday. They had delays in supply two weeks ago on both the 2mg and 4mg carpujets. That doesn't explain why Cardinal is still out. Hospira said all order to wholesalers, et al had been filled! So, again, why hasn't Cardinal gotten any? Cardinal sucks.

Name of Facility: Arnot Ogden Medical Center

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 8 years

Re: Re: morphine 4mg/ ml carpuject

It's so nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks Cardinal sucks!! I really do not like them!! And I know another buyer here in Indiana who hates them more than I do--and that's saying something!!
I use the DC at Aurora and they are constantly out of the most basic things, i.e. morphine carpujects!! What a joke!C

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 9

Re: Re: Re: morphine 4mg/ ml carpuject

I had a problem a few weeks ago getting MS 4mg cj's from Amerisource, but they got some in last week and I have not had a problem since.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

Years as a Buyer: 3

Re: Re: Re: Re: morphine 4mg/ ml carpuject

I had a problem with the 2mg carp. last week. This
week our Cardinal division had them both stocked. We
called Baxter last week about the PCA, they said they
were going to be on backorder with no release date.
We decided to go to Pharmedium and buy our morphine
PCA hopefully they won't run out.

Name of Facility: Avera McKennan Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 16