This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carousels

We also have Talyst carousels, but we have two of them.

1. It makes the job easier on the technician side
2. Depending on your fill schedule (omnicells, etc..) it can be very hard up front - we have about 1 hour a day to get in and restock our order (in the morning). Then it is give and take.
3. I think the buyers ordering process is easier with the suggested order
4. Talyst is getting better with their product, as we have had them out here for a serious sit-down about functionality.
5. Reporting it OK, but should be getting better.

I would be happy to discuss anything offline as well.

Have a great weekend!

Name of Facility: Billings Clinic

City, State: Hosptial/Clinic Hybrid

We have had the AmerisourceBergen carousels in place for over 4 years. This system was difficult at first as were are an alpha test site. We have 4 carousels and a packaging system that supplies 3 hospitals with 2 more hospitals coming soon. After working closely with the company over the years it works wonderfully. The difference for us is that ABC was able to integrated the system so that our system at St. Joe's can request and re-fill the pyxis machines at the other sites which has cut down on our inventory. It also does a suggested order and splits out and orders our 340B buyback products.

Name of Facility: St. Joseph Medical Center

City, State: Acute care

Years as a Buyer: 25 plus

My advise is: Get something that will interface with the other pieces of automation that you might have plus your wholesaler. We have Med Carousells - AcuDoses - NarcStation. All these are McKesson joined by a McKesson wholesaler we buy drugs from. All these pieces "talk" - to a certain extent.