This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks to all the Speakers

After our 11th Annual Conference, in 2007, it was my opinion that it was the best overall Conference we have had. The subjects were new and topical, the speakers were excellent, and everyone came away with a good feeling for the future. After that experience, I was genuinely concerned that this year’s 12th Annual Conference would have a lot to prove in comparison to last year's.

I was never so happy to be so wrong!

This year’s roster of speakers surpassed all of my expectations by leaps and bounds. Not only did we have the top authorities in their fields present and speak well enough to keep our attention, the Pharmacy Buyers put on presentations on so many timely topics that matched the “pros” - presentation after presentation after presentation. I was particularly pleased to see so many Pharmacy Director/Pharmacy Buyer combinations presenting. All totaled, this Conference had more Pharmacy Buyer speakers than any previous Conference. And all of them, professional speakers and those who have done only a few, were interesting enough to keep your attention. Let’s hope that the trend towards Pharmacy Buyers presenting at the Conference continues and even grows.

But the one thing that was a pleasant surprise was how polished each presentation was. The veterans from years gone by can remember “expert” speakers that bored us to suicidal levels and others stumbling through poorly prepared presentations. But, in my opinion, the worst presentations, though I would be hard-pressed to find one I would call bad, were far and above better than some of the “expert” speakers we’ve had in the past. WAY TO RAISE THE BAR!

Of course, next year’s speakers will have a new standard to attain!

Name of Facility: Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook

City, State: Newsletter

Years as a Buyer: 30

Re: Thanks to all the Speakers

As one of the "new" speakers, I want to thank every one who allowed me the oppurtunity to get outside of my comfort zone. I would also like to encourage anyone who would be willing to try and give a speech to definitely consider it. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. And a special thanks to all my fellow buyers who listened to what I had to say.

Name of Facility: Adventist Medical Center

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 3.5

Re: Thanks to all the Speakers

I would like to thank all the staff who work for PPO and congratulate all of you for a successful 12th Annual Conference. I really enjoyed all of the speakers this year. The panel group speakers I feel was a great idea and very insightful. Great job Dale, Mike, Francine, and staff.

Name of Facility: Providence Specialty Pharmacy Services

City, State: Home Services and Self Injectables

Years as a Buyer: 10

Re: Re: Thanks to all the Speakers

As always the staff of the PPO , Francine and Mike and Dale do a great job.

Thank you.

I enjoyed the speeches too!!