This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Suggestion for Next Year's Conference

Boxed lunches...? I'd rather be on my own and I wouldn't want to pay an additional fee so someone else could eat a boxed lunch. I enjoyed the different restaurants in the hotel and liked having some down time in between meetings to get up and move around. There were several inexpensive places to eat and the buffet was great (and decent priced, $13.99 for lunch).

Ah, the fun of having 400 different opinions :)

Years as a Buyer: 2

Re: Re: Suggestion for Next Year's Conference

I know some mornings there is breakfast served so maybe they could just switch it up one day and have lunch served? That way the registration fee wouldn't rise. (that was my bosses suggestion)
I agree that it's nice to get up and move around but I did feel rushed for lunch somedays. (not just this year but years prior)
Although you may feel $13.99 is a decent price for lunch, others may not think so.
I felt for Richard Ponder who basically rushed through his presentation so everyone had time for lunch.
It was just a suggestion so the speakers and attendess didn't feel rushed.

Name of Facility: Mt. Carmel St. Ann\'s Hospital

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: 10

Re: Suggestion for Next Year's Conference

I agree the price for food at the Hilton seemed a bit steep, food at the LV Airport was cheapier! But the reason we had to move to a larger venue was due to growth, which is a very good thing. Now that we know what to expect from the Hilton perhaps we can plan somewhat better for next year both personally and for those who help coordinate the conference.

Name of Facility: Providence Specialty Pharmacy Services

City, State: Home Services and Self Injectables

Years as a Buyer: 10