This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Turn Statistics

My manager mentioned a publication yesterday, The Lilly Digest. He said it used to publish industry norms for avegare inventory dollars and turns for various institution sizes and types. Does anyone have any info on this publication, or another publication that would have similar info?
I guess a better way to phrase this would be, how does your management know what is appropriate to hold you responsible for as far as turns and inventory dollars?

Thanks!

Name of Facility: St. Joseph Mercy Hospital

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2+

Re: Turn Statistics

I Googled 'the lilly digest' and the second listing is 'How to Analyse(sic) and Interpret Financial Statements'. It contains many subtopics and maybe one of them will be what you are looking for.
My manager told me after our April inventory that my turns were X and I should work toward improving tmem to XX turns. Don't know where came up with the numbers!

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 9+

Re: Turn Statistics

The April issue of PPO gives detailed information on inventory and turnovers. It was part of the Wage and Task Survey done last year by nearly 300 Pharmacy Buyers. It might be a better barometer of where you should fit than some generic publication. I doubt if The Lily Digest would be a specific as to give you average inventory details on a facility of your specific size.

Name of Facility: Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook

City, State: Newsletter

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: Re: Turn Statistics

Good point! Thanks for the feedback.

Name of Facility: St. Joseph Mercy Hospital

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2+