This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Isecure Syringes

Shawn,
I had my Hospira rep come in and demo the product for me. We had a few problems with the product, the most important being the size. We looked at the ondansetron syringes but there is no way that we could fit the same amount of stock into our Pyxis machines as we do with the vials. Cost was another reason we decided not to switch.

Name of Facility: St. Joseph Mercy Hospital

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2+

We have been using the I secure syringes for a few months now. And I agree the major downside is the size. They come in a bulky plastic over wrap, which they are supposed to stay in until time of use. We only keep them in our ED pyxis, and the staff really likes them. They quick and easy for emergency cases. So we keep both the Isecure and the regular vials and use different charge numbers for them. We are still in the trial phase, and storage has been our only problem.

Name of Facility: Samaritan Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 1

Shawm- we decided against them here due to size and cost.

Name of Facility: Mt. Carmel St. Ann's Hospital

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: 10

We use the ISecure Heparin syringes but have found that reading the markings is very difficult. Apparently Hospira is looking into this and will be "reworking" them in the future as they have gotten many complaints about them. I am not very excited about them and they do take up a lot of room in Pyxis.

Name of Facility: eastern connecticut health network

City, State: hospital

Years as a Buyer: 10+