This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Cardinal Assist

A subject close to my heart!!

I have installed and nurtured Cardinal Assist since May 2003. I believe in the program. I understand the frustration many of you who have it feel since I too have felt it.

The program has its benefits--and like most of you, I often wondered about these benefits.

Since I had not seen any upfront benefits, I decided to dedicate my Masters’ thesis on this program. I changed the name of the program, the name of the company and the hospital but I used the numbers from our facility.

I found that the benefits do outweigh the cost! If it’s upfront savings you are looking for --I can tell you right now that unless you have over a thousand line items you will not see it. However, I saw savings in time, waste, inventory turns, etc. The key to the program is optimization!

If anyone is interested in speaking to me about this, please do not hesitate to call or email me.

(661) 326-2508 or Zahabim@kernmedctr.com

Munira

Years as a Buyer: 6 Years

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cardinal Assist

Well, I have heard some positive and some negative feedback. It's almost as if you need another Tech dedicated to optimization, portfolio maintenance and and education...not something that I personally have time for in-between the 5 hundred other things that I am responsible for. Which stresses my point that the program does need constant monitoring and dedicated resources.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Name of Facility: Allegheny General Hospital

City, State: Acute Care 800 beds

Years as a Buyer: 7

Re: Cardinal Assist

We have a dedicated technician to handle Pyxis, including Assist maintenance. Its a separate position than me (buyer).

Years as a Buyer: 2