This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Closed due to flooding

You might be referring to Ken Green, who presented not last year, but the year before. He works at Touro Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana, and his hospital took the full brunt of Hurricane Katrina which closed his facility for several months.

One of the hospitals where I worked had a very serious fire that closed half the hospital, so in a very small way I can feel for you. The most amazing thing that came out of that disaster was when I heard of the fire, I ran to the hospital to see what I could do tho help. And as much as everyone complained about the hospital and work, I was one of the last people to show up early for work! As soon as everyone found out about the fire, everyone came to the hospital, on their day off, on their vacation, on the weekends; everyone came and gave their time.

One funny story that came out of this disaster, was this: the fire happened in the middle of the night. As you know, the day shift staff is subjected to periodic fire drills, and they can be quite annoying. The evening and night staffs never had a fire drill; when he fire broke out, the entire hospital staff evacuated all the patients in under thirty minutes with no casualties!

The staff at Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook offer our sympathies and our prayers, and hope things will turn out okay for you and your facility.

Name of Facility: Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook

City, State: Newsletter

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: Re: Closed due to flooding

Thanks Mike. This happened on a Saturday evening. It took 45 minutes for the entire basement to fill, plus 6 inches on the first floor. I will send you some photos before and after. I had just taken photos of our brand new pharmacy on the 6th. Pretty creepy if you ask me.
Thanks for the prayers and if you have any info that I could use to get going again I would greatly appreciate them.

Name of Facility: Columbus Regional Hospital

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 4

Re: Flood Update

If anyone is interested, here's the latest news on Columbus Regional Hospital's flood and their recovery efforts.

Name of Facility: Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook

City, State: Newsletter

Years as a Buyer: 30+