This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Citing Prices on the Forum

I totally agree that our hospital pricing is confidential. If you would look at my post you will see that I did not ask for the price. I asked what the pricing difference was between the two companies for a Hydromorphone PCA which is not the same as asking for the price. The answer to my question could be $1.00 or $5.50 or whatever it might be if anyone had experience with both companies. Unless we have the same GPO and wholesaler we are never going to have the same prices. There were some strong feelings expressed on the forum regarding both companies. Higher and lower pricing also came up so I was curious if it was a big difference. Currently we make our own Hydromorphone PCA's which is quite inexpensive.
I appreciate everyone's input and I am sorry if my question was misunderstood. I do think something good came out of it for all of us.

Name of Facility: NFP

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 30

Re: Re: Citing Prices on the Forum

Debbie:

Thank you for your comments. We weren't out to identify anyone with this issue. This has actually been an ongoing situation that we should have addressed much earlier than now. It is the intention of the Forum not to restrict comments as much as we can, so no one feels they have to hold back. I, for one, appreciate the honesty and openness on the Forum, and am excited by all the activity the Forum has enjoyed over the past few months. The postings from the Forum in the newsletter have gone from a couple of pages to a full-blown section! This is a great time for Pharmacy Buyers and their capability to communicate with each other across the country,and in their own words, unedited and uncensored (to a point. )

Name of Facility: Pharmacy Purchasing Outlook

City, State: Newsletter

Years as a Buyer: 30+