This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice

I thought I was the only one who reacted to Claudio's remarks.
The original question asked for our experiences with PharMEDium. I think that's what all the following postings dealt with--our experiences with compounding companies. I see no promotion of one over another, just opinions based on our dealings with either PharMEDium or Ameridose.

How else do we share information except by drawing on what we've learned being in the trenches day in and day out?

I hope everyone continues to freely express their opinions, questions, concerns in this forum. I have learned so much and , I hope, have been able to give back a little.

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 9+

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice

I have been using this website for many purposes and found the discussions to be helpful. However this section has led me to participate only because I feel sharing pricing in this forum goes beyond sharing experience. What our GPO and others work out on pricing is out of our control but should remain confidential. Each facility has their own ability to negotiate price and should try.
Our Director contracts with Pharmedium because the value in the product by them goes beyond what we could ever get from another compounder. I asked our director at one point to look into another compounder NECC/Ameridose. She felt that there there was misrepresentation on their products and shelf life.I had asked for product info and every time I had a question they could not answer, they lowered the price. To me and my director, Pharmedium has not misrepresented what they have to offer or has never done anything to make me believe that I should look anywhere else.

So my opion is that Pharmedium has been a good choice for us and we will stick with that.

Name of Facility: Upper Eastside Regional

Years as a Buyer: 14

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice

Point taken and you're right, pricing is subject to individual contract negotiations.
I'm glad you mentioned it. I needed a reminder that sharing in generalities is preferred.
Thanks!!

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 9+