This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Electronic DEA

It must be pretty daunting--I've had my director and 2 other pharmacists trying to figure it out for a couple of years now.
As for the benefit, anyone I've talked to who has it or knows of someone who has it, says it is totally worth it!

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 9+

April,
Anyone can be a POA. You don't have to be a pharmacists or a Tech to order drugs.

Name of Facility: Good Samaritian Hospital

City, State: Hospital, Acute care

Years as a Buyer: 30yrs

DO IT.
Some wholesalers are not there yet though. I am with McKesson and they have implemented it. Anybody can be a POA. It seems difficult because if has a lot of legal lingo but it is not. It has three levels and we put the hospital CEO on the first, pharmacy director on the second and the buyer on the third. There are three different papers for each that have to be filled out. The rest is supportive documentation as POAs, ID card copies, etc. Submitt these and even if you do something wrong, DEA will notify you for the corrections. Call me if you need any help 812-353-9480.

Name of Facility: Bloomington Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2+

Re: Re: Electronic DEA

I use CSOS with Mckesson and love it! My director handled contacting the DEA and we had some paperwork to fill out but it's totally worth it. Plus my McKesson rep was a big help. I've been using it for over a year and hope I never have to go back to the 222 form.
Sorry I couldn't answer more about the set up part but I wanted to put my 2 cents in about CSOS. It rocks!!!

Name of Facility: Mt. Carmel St. Ann's Hospital

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: 10