This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Miralax UD Packets

Are you keeping these 7-day bottles in Pyxis?

Name of Facility: St. Joseph Mercy Hospital

City, State: Acute Care

Years as a Buyer: 2+

Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets

I just got an email from NECC (Ameridose) that they have Miralax 17gm in stock. Minimum order is 50 @$3.50 each. Seems kinda pricey to me. Maybe I'll wait to see if Schering really does come out with something in the near future.

Name of Facility: PORTER

City, State: acute care

Years as a Buyer: 9+

Re: Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets

We currently order in the 238gm bottle and prepackage it ourselves. It is very easy, one scoup, one dose. We just dump it into prescription vials and put a label on it and we're ready to go. It only cost us about 50 cents per dose. We have had a couple companies call us about unit dosing it for us but wanted over $3.00 per dose, way out of line. It is quick and easy to just do it ourselves. We have the label stored in our computer and we just print it out (bar coded and all)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets

Do you get a pretty accurate measurement with the scoop? We are using generic polyethylene glycol and weighing out 17gm! There's a fun time!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets

We measured it out once on the scale and it was right on, so after that we just used the scoup that came in the bottle. Works great and we don't have to stop and weigh the powder each time.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets

No we do not load these 7 day powder (119gm)small bulk bottles in the pyxis. Each nurse keeps meds safely locked up in compartments of the Wallaroo units. Each compartment is alloted to the patient in the room.

Name of Facility: Teaching Trauma Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 6 Years

Re: Re: Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets

this is what we do as well.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

Years as a Buyer: 3

I stocked up on the UD packets as soon as I heard they were going away... we've still got a lot. Once that's out, we'll just dispense one of the large bottles to the patient and the nurse will keep it in the medroom. Same as we do for things like Byetta and other pen-dispensing medications that we can't unit dose.

City, State: Teaching hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2

We are also unit dosing our own packets. The original question Above)came from Laura, she says that they are using the Go-lytely powder in the bottles, I thought that they had some electrolytes in it along with the PEG. That could be dangerous to the patient if they didn't need the electrolytes so be careful.

Name of Facility: Good Samaritan Hospital

City, State: Hospital, Acute care

Years as a Buyer: 30yrs

Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets - GREAT NEWS

I contacted our Shering rep and he has confirmed that they will in fact be bringing out a UD packets of Miralax sometime mid April. I think this is excellent news.

Name of Facility: St. Francis Health Center

City, State: Acute

Years as a Buyer: 5 in health care & 20+ in retail hard goods

Re: Re: Re: Miralax UD Packets - GREAT NEWS

Thanks for passing that on! Did he mention price? Hopefully, it will be comparable to what it was.