This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CSOS

We want to move to the CSOS system but don't quite understand how it works (I've been reading the 50 page instructions from the DEA!)... I want to continue doing the CII ordering, so does the pharmacist put their certificate on my computer, since I can't sign the 222 form, and I order off their certificate? Right now the pharmacist just signs the 222 forms and I do everything else so we're not sure how we set this up. Help!

Name of Facility: St Charles Mercy Hospital

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 10

Re: CSOS

Hi Shelly-This is how we handle CSOS orders:The pharmacists' certificates are loaded in my computer. I enter the CII orders just like any other order except that a pharmacist with a certificate (we have 3 that are certified) has to electronically sign the order before it is processed by our wholesaler for next day delivery. So simple and very convenient!

Name of Facility: Aspirus Wausau Hospital

City, State: community hospital

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: CSOS

We have registered several technicians and myself to get certificates as well as our Pharmacy Manager... that way we don't have to rely on our pharmacist to sign off on it before we send it...

Hopefully we'll be up and running soon... it's been a low process here.

City, State: Teaching hospital

Years as a Buyer: 2

Re: Re: CSOS

It is important to know that you do not have to be a "pharmacist" to use and send CSOS orders but you do need to have power of attorney at your facility before you can get a certificate on line.

Name of Facility: Good Samaritan Hospital

City, State: Hospital, Acute care

Years as a Buyer: 30yrs