This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CII from Cardinal

We are switching to Cardinal next week, and our division (Seattle) lost their controlled license. So all of our CII's will be out of Salt Lake City. Cardinal is trying to reassure us we will only have a two day turn around (order on Mon., deliver on Wed.) However, a few pharmacies around here say that is not the case. Can anyone that is out of the Seattle division (or any other division closed by the DEA) share their experiences with this problem? Hoepfully, we can get a true turn around time from the people who it affects.

Name of Facility: Adventist Medical Center

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 3

Re: CII from Cardinal

Be careful!!! We have had Cardinal as a wholesaler for as long as they have been in the Northwest.
It takes about 4 + days turn around for the CII orders and they will not contact you if there is an error on your form. Another problem is that if they can only fill a partial they do not keep the line open to fill the remainder later.
I just heard that they are not looking to get this resolved with the DEA until sometime in March. Also, you need to request a list of the meds that they cannot distribute from Auburn. It includes more than just controlled substances If you want to talk give me a call, I am here M-F 4A to about 1 or 2 P

Name of Facility: Highline Medical Center

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 20+

Re: Re: CII from Cardinal

We order our CII order on Monday and get it on Wednesday, no fail. Also, our division never fails to calls us if there is an issue with one 222 form.

Re: CII from Cardinal

We have used Cardinal for the last 19 years. I am in the Northeast and our DC is 3 hours away. I send the blank in on Monday and have my narcs every Tuesady. If they have an issue with a line, they call immediately. If something is shorted, they call the day of delivery... but other than that, I have no complaints at all with our DC. The girls are wonderful.

Name of Facility: Arnot Ogden Medical Center

City, State: Acute Care 256 beds

Years as a Buyer: 7

Re: Re: CII from Cardinal

We have been with Cardinal for 10+ but with the DEA suspending their controls distribution from our local branch it is hard to know when we will get our order and then they cancel lines on our blank if they are out. It has become very difficult to say the least.
Dee

Name of Facility: Highline Medical Center

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 20+