This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Levothyroxine FYI: Cardinal customers

This is for Bedford...

My rep said she thought it would be next week, but they weren't 100% sure. She also mentioned that they're going this route because a lot of times with a shortage, if they release it straight to the wholesalers, secondary market is able to buy out the stock before hospitals even realize its available.

Years as a Buyer: 1+

Re: Re: Levothyroxine FYI: Cardinal customers

I just sent off a dropship order to Cardinal for Bedford and APP; I figured I may as well cover all the bases while I was at it. I sure hope this works! Are you subbing oral for IV when you can?

Name of Facility: PORTER

Years as a Buyer: 9+

We're not out yet, I'm assuming they'll sub PO for IV when possible if we run out before the new product arrives....

Fingers crossed that we don't have to cross that bridge!!

Years as a Buyer: 1+

Re: Re: Levothyroxine FYI: Cardinal customers

I recently received a phone call from my Bedford rep telling me that the Levothyroxine 200mcg vials are coming back out but that they will not be stocking them at the wholesalers immediately. He placed an order for me and told me I would have my product by Friday. It is great to have such a wonderful rep, he keeps me informed and helps me obtain product.

Years as a Buyer: 16 (tx 33+)

Re: Re: Re: Levothyroxine FYI: Cardinal customers

I noticed a few buyers attempted to get Levothyroxine through APP - APP has not had the product since January 2007 - as of now, Bedford is the only manufacturer

Name of Facility: SUNY Upstate Medical Center

City, State: Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 15

My Bedford rep was just here this morning and told me that I can order a dropship from the company. They are not stocking at Amerisource etc. until they have plenty on hand. I too have a very good rep.

Name of Facility: Liberty Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 1