This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Claforan

I haven't been able to get the 500mg vials, generic or brand. We are using the 1gm and I've not had a problem getting it---so far!!

What are the rest of you doing about levothyroxine vials?? We use quite a few and they have been out for 2-3 weeks. I think for now, we are subbing PO for vials.

And, as much as I resisted, we are repackaging polyethylene glycol from bulk bottles to 17gm vials since Glycolax packets have been discontinued.

There's a new challenge for us, isn't there!

Name of Facility: PORTER

Years as a Buyer: 9+

Levothyroxine

The FDA just posted a Levothyroxine shortage notice on their site. The company's blaming the shortage on manufacturing delays. Bedford hopes to have the 500mg vial by early January.

The full report is on the FDA site:
http://www.p1source.com/common/ads/click.asp?at=8&a=2233&c=762&z=40&u=94879

Name of Facility: Summerdale Enterprises, Inc.

City, State: Publishing

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: Levothyroxine

Bedford is the only one with the Levothyroxine vials and since this is a grandfathered drug, there is issues on it. According to Bedford, if they pull the druf of the market, there will no one supplying the market. I am not sure that FDA has given them the green light to keep it on.

Our supervisor asked us not to use medication pending FDA's decision. What is everyone else doing?

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center--222 beds

City, State: Teaching, Acute care, Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 6

Re: Claforan

I heard a rumor that the FDA was "picking" on some of the Bedford plants therefore, shutting them down and making them unable to make product.

Years as a Buyer: 1+