This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Zemuron Question

That does sound a little far-fetched, but if Organon will vouch for the quality, I guess you have to take their word for it. I'm in Indiana and I don't think it's been that cool until the last week or so; maybe Organon doesn't watch The Weather Channel!UN7
About a year ago, one of our refrigerators quit during the night and we were concerned about the stability of everything in there. Our clinical pharmacist spent a lot of time on the phone calling different mfgs about stability of unrefrigerated drugs. It's amazing how long many of them are good for. (Zemuron wasn't in that fridge, so I don't know about it specifically), but I put the others on a spreadsheet just in case that happens again.

Name of Facility: PORTER

Years as a Buyer: 9

Re: Re: Zemuron Question

I would send it back and talk to higher management. If we were to send back an item in a brown box for some reason--would they take it back?

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center--222 beds

City, State: Teaching Acute care Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 5

Re: Zemuron Question

I had a similar issue a while ago where my wholesaler sent me fridge meds at room temp and told me they stocked them at room temp in the warehouse!!! The product had in bold red print "MUST BE STORED IN REFRIGERATOR" and they still wouldn't credit me. I finally had to do a conference call with the company.

Unless the FDA gave you that in writing, I'd send it back. Zemuron is good for quite a while at room temp, but the issue is that it went above recommended temp, then put back into the fridge, which impacts stability. This is the reason why certain meds (like insulin) are placed in the fridge... b/c consistency of temp is more important than the actual temp and its a lot easier to control fridge temp than room temp.

I would just keep asking to speak with someone above whoever you speak with, or call their medical center where pharmacists and other medical professionals work, instead of customer service. You may get somewhere then.

Years as a Buyer: 1+