This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: compounding company

Do you do narcotics from Ameridose (Fentanyl epis, Hydromorphone, etc.)? Just wondering how the turn-around time can be better, since PharMedium has on-line ordering. Still send DEA 222, but those get overnight, so the process is shortened 2 days right there.

Name of Facility: 100

City, State: acute

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: Re: Re: Re: compounding company

Online ordering isn't any different than faxing, they still can't release your order until they get your DEA222 form in hand. I am able to FedEx overnight my 222 form with Ameridose, whereas with Pharmedium, I had 2 day FedEx forms. When I fax an order on a Monday, I receive my PCAs on Friday from Ameridose. The rep I work with is Alan Bowe and he's great, never had any problems with them, but we had numerous issues arise with Pharmedium when we used them.

Just my 2 cents, everyone's experience is different, but I've been happier with Ameridose than I was with Pharmedium.

Name of Facility: CVMC - 270 beds

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: Almost 1!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: compounding company

Colleen- I totally agree with you that the system Ameridose has in place for ordering narcotics is plain and simple. We have approx. 20 PCA and Epidurals that they make for us. What I did is created a pre-printed order form with our item description, barcode and po#. All I need to do is put down the quantityneeded and the 222 number. Then fax both sheets over(order form and 222). I then fedex the actual 222. The turn around time is incredable! Usually 2-3 days but during an absolute emergency they turn it around the same day! I'm very satisfied and happy to work with them. Feel free to email me if you would like a copy of the pre-printed order form that I was mentioning.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Online ordering isn't any different than faxing, they still can't release your order until they get your DEA222 form in hand. I am able to FedEx overnight my 222 form with Ameridose, whereas with Pharmedium, I had 2 day FedEx forms. When I fax an order on a Monday, I receive my PCAs on Friday from Ameridose. The rep I work with is Alan Bowe and he's great, never had any problems with them, but we had numerous issues arise with Pharmedium when we used them.

Just my 2 cents, everyone's experience is different, but I've been happier with Ameridose than I was with Pharmedium.

Name of Facility: Massachusetts General Hospital - 1000+ inpatient beds

Years as a Buyer: 8

Re: Re: Re: compounding company

hi

City, State: stand alone

Years as a Buyer: 1

Re: compounding company

You don't want to do business with Ameridose, please check into Pharmedium, they aren't as big as Ameridose but offer competitive pricing and high quality products. P.S.- I do not work for or am I affiliated in any way with Pharmedium, but NECC has a long history of poor business ethics and questionable compounding practices, most recently the FDA came down on them about topicals.

Re: Re: compounding company

Fellow Buyer Mr Meade-
I have to completely and strongly disagree with your comments. I too am not affiliated, bias or favor one company over the other but I do have to call it like I see it.
As a major trauma level 1 and very large world renowned acute care hospital, we did an extensive research, investigation and a detailed comparison of our own before deciding on which company to outsource to. We are aware of the FDA warning against NECC which was several years ago that has been unfortunately falsely exaggerated by many including and mainly by the competitors for what is plainly a poor unethical business scare tactic to gain business. Many people do not know the entire truth, but we also found out that the FDA warned 3 other compounding pharmacies that actually compounded the topical products that affected and harmed real life patients! Truth of the matter is that NECC was included in the warning notice strictly because they are a specialty compounding pharmacy and NOT because they have or ever had questionable compounding practices. During our research, we found out that NECC responded to the FDA's warning and received a very favorable response from the FDA.
I encourage any and all that may not be fully convinced to call NECC Management for a response to the accusation(s) and allow them to explain and answer any of your concerns rather than believe the slanderous, misleading information that floats through the internet/blog sites. NECC is a legitimate, law abiding, state of the art facility that deserves to be treated with respect and dignity that they have worked so very hard to earn.
I have done business with NECC for several years now, and am pleased and completely satisfied with the quality and service that they have and continue to provide to us. I have to admit that each day life as a buyer, gets tougher and tougher to get through the day but its companies like NECC and Ameridose that make life as an inventory manager/buyer much easier and a fraction of a percent less stressful.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You don't want to do business with Ameridose, please check into Pharmedium, they aren't as big as Ameridose but offer competitive pricing and high quality products. P.S.- I do not work for or am I affiliated in any way with Pharmedium, but NECC has a long history of poor business ethics and questionable compounding practices, most recently the FDA came down on them about topicals.

Re: compounding company

Hi April-
I strongly suggest contacting Ameridose. They are very reputable, reliable, customer service oriented, competative pricing and great stability data. We have been using them for several years now and have nothing but positive things to say. As I mentioned, in my other message/subject, I am impressed and respect Ameridose for its customer service based philosophy. They are are very open and encourage input/suggestions to make the end users (RN's, RPh's, MD's, etc...)lives easier. In this day in age with so many new regulations and medical hurdles, Ameridose/NECC are always looking to improve, customize and streamline the process. That says allot from management!!!

Re: Re: compounding company

Hello,

I am currently looking for another vendor in our pharmacy. We were using Ameridose/NECC and discovered that our pharmacy was paying on average $2 to $3 more than one of the hospitals down the road that was not using Ameridose. They had contacted Ameridose for pricing and were given really low pricing. Just a warning to anyone who is a current customer; you may want to check into your pricing and make sure you are getting the best deal out there.

Thanks,
Sheryl

Name of Facility: 279

Years as a Buyer: 6