This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: mfr out reimbursements

I know that Broadlane has quite a number of Failure to Supply agreements. There are several things you need to know about failure to supply to make it as easy as possible to collect. (1)If your wholesaler is out, make sure the manufacturer is really out. Many times the manufacturer has back stock they can allocate to hospitals. (2) Every manufacturer has a different form that you must fill out. This is probably the hardest part of collecting the money. I ask that they send it to me electronically if possible and then put in my electronic file. Easy access that way and I do not loose them. (3) The manufacturer will require that you provide the invoice where you tried to order it ( & they were out)and the invoice where you were able to buy the competing product. Make sure you can show both of these invoices.

We keep track on a spread sheet of when reported, all the pertinent information for the transaction and when we actually get the money. We total this up each year to see what we have gained.

Name of Facility: 330

Years as a Buyer: 4 in hospital pharmacy and 25 years in hard goods

Re: mfr out reimbursements

Yes our GPO (VHA) has a reimbursements in place. They have a form that is filled out and is submitted to the manufacturer that has the item shorted.

I have submitted the forms for Abraxis, formerly American Pharmaceutical Partners, since their Cefazolin was backorded.
Hospira also has mfr out reimbursement.

Our GPO VHA has mfr reimbursements agreement with most of their contracts with a few exception. Again,
check the GPO contract agreement for each of the manufacturers.

Name of Facility: Sutter Infusion and Pharmacy Services

City, State: Home Infusion

Years as a Buyer: 20years

Re: Re: mfr out reimbursements

Sounds like you do an excellent job at this!! Congragulations on your success in this area

Name of Facility: 450

City, State: Acute Care Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 6