This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Patient Assistance Programs

Hey - PAPs provide drug replacement or drugs for the patient if applied for before the drug needs to be used - they don't send money. It will come into the pharmacy and you can stock your shelves with it. If you do a search for drug replacement programs, most companies should pull up. There are also websites like http://www.rxassist.org/ that are a comprehensive resource for multiple PAPs.

The most difficult part of PAP applications is obtaining financial documentation for the patient, but most clinical social workers at your facility should have that.

Name of Facility: Catawba Valley Medical Center - 270 beds

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: Less than 1!!!

Colleen,

First let me apologize and rectify my previous message. I meant to say 90% of our patient are uninsured.

Thank you for your answer. Yes we know about the PAP's.

The problem is that we cater to 85% Medicall Indigent Adults (MIA)-hence there is no insurance. One would think they would qualify for the Patient assistance but their insurance status changes from MIA to Medi-Cal Pending to Medical.

This becomes quite a hassle.

I am still looking for someone in a similar situation who can keep everything straight. I apologize for the questions know they are all so confusing.

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center--222 beds

City, State: Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 4

Re: Re: Patient Assistance Programs

Most PAPs will continue assisting while their Medicaid status is pending, they're just ineligible once they are officially on Medicaid, but that shouldn't affect your ability to get replacement drugs... if they're uninsured while they're being treated by your facility, then you can receive replacement drugs through the PAP for them.

Name of Facility: Catawba Valley Medical Center - 270 beds

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: Less than 1!!!

Re: Re: Re: Patient Assistance Programs

WE HAVE A MEDICATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (MAPS) THAT WE STARTED AND IT HAS MORE THAN PAID FOR ITSELF OVER THE YEARS. DEPENDS WHAT WHOLESALER THAT YOU HAVE BUT THEY USUALLY HAVE SOFTWARE TO SUPPORT SOMETHING LIKE THAT. IF ITS NOT COVERED BY THE SOFTWARE THEN CHECK THERE WEB SITE. WE SAVED $100,000/YS IS ACTUAL DRUG COSTS OR $500,000 BILLABLE. IF NEED MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ME AND WILL GET YOU IN TOUCH WITH OUR DEPT THAT TAKES CARE OF THAT.

Name of Facility: 550

City, State: TEACHING HOSPITAL

Years as a Buyer: 7 YEARS

Thank you Shawn.
I sent you an email.

Munira

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center--222 beds

City, State: Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 4