This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reverse Distributor

Can I get some info on the various reverse distributors that people use? How do you receive credit? Do you have site visits or package up and return yourself? What about CII's thru V's?
Are you seeing that a majority of the manufacturers do not accept their outdated products for credit?
How do you handle disposal of outdated product that your facility has repacked, or that you know that the manufacturer will not issue any credit?
Appreciate any and all advice.

Name of Facility: Fremont Area Medical Center/ 100

City, State: acute

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Re: Reverse Distributor

I've used EXP in the past. They come to your facility, pack up your stuff, and take it all back to their facility for inventory and credit. I'm not sure if this company still does this, but their biggest selling point to me was that they generated no invoice. Their bill, which is sent to you for review along with you credit report, is automatically taken out of your credit due.

Controlleds usually required pharmacist's observation, but that quantity is usually small enough to keep your pharmacists for fretting.

You can basically dump everything in one place and leave all the packing and labelling to them. All you do is take it to your Mail Room for pick up. Your credits come trickling in on the various company's credit returns. From there, you can match the invoice with the report you get from the reverse distributor.

It was worth it to me to not invenory all my expireds, figuring out if the drugs were from the wholesaler or direct, what that company's return policy was, and everything else that basically does little more than eat up you valuable time. As one famous infomercial; would boast, "You just set it and forget it!"

Name of Facility: Kennedy Health System / 180

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: > 30, Retired ...for now

Re: Re: Reverse Distributor

We have used EXP in the past and never had a problem with them. In our area, the rep just kind of dropped off and I couldn't contact him (I think he left and we didn't get a new one for a while), so we switched to Guaranteed Returns, they do the same thing, just take your fee out of your credit, and they're very nice to work with as well.

Name of Facility: Catawba Valley Medical Center - 270 beds

City, State: Teaching

Years as a Buyer: Less than 1!!!

Re: Re: Re: Reverse Distributor

We love our Guaranteed Returns Rep. He comes in, packs things and leaves. Sends me labels too when I need them. Controlled substances are the Senior Pharmacists' worry.

Name of Facility: Kern Medical Center--222 beds

City, State: Trauma II

Years as a Buyer: 4

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reverse Distributor

I HAVE USED EXP FOR OVER 5 YEARS NOW AND I LOVE THEM. THEY COME IN COUNT EVERYTHING. BAG IT AND BOX IT UP. PUT SHIPPERS AND ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TAKE IT TO THE MAIL ROOM. THEY EVEN PAY FOR THE SHIPPING. THEY TAKE ALL CONTROLS. WE JUST PRINT OUT AND VERIFY WHAT THE C-2 SAFE SAYS AND THEN HAND IT OVER TO EXP. THEN WE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT OUR NUMBERS AND EXP MATCH. ITS A GREAT SYSTEM AND WOULD ADVISE PEOPLE TO USE A EXPIRED MED COMPANY. THERE IS PLENTY OF THEM AT THE CONFRENCE. I HAVE SEVERAL ON MY CONSORTA CONTRACT. I WOULD LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THEM!

Name of Facility: 550

City, State: TEACHING HOSPITAL

Years as a Buyer: 7 YEARS