This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buyers Issues of the Day

Opps did not think it sounded that bad--I have 4 kids-- One on her own-one in college and the 2 I have left at home...

sorry

Re: Re: Buyers Issues of the Day

OH, LIGHTEN UP!

You're not put in the buyer position because your Department can't depend on you! The fact that you apolgize for taking time for yourself proves your dedication to your career choice.

No one will ever slight you for doing that. Me, I'm sad to say that I've only taken nine days off this year - five to work the Conference and four to travel to Michigan for my wife's grandmother's funeral.

So I say - YOU GO, GIRL!

Mike

City, State: www.pharmacypurchasing.com

Mike,
It is funny that you mention "career choice". I was a tech, am a buyer. I am in school for my MSA and want to do something but don't know what....Does anyone have ideas?

Name of Facility: 222 bed

City, State: Acute care teaching hospital Trauma II center

Years as a Buyer: 5 years

Re: Re: Buyers Issues of the Day

With your back ground in Pharmacy...What about checking into job opportunities with the major wholesalers, pyxis or any other dispensing system that you may have experience with. You can go on-line to many of these companies and see what positions are available. Then there's always the major drug companies. Get on-line and click on employment opportunites on their web sites. It doesn't hurt to look. It might spark some other ideas.

Re: Re: Re: Buyers Issues of the Day

You know, if anyone remembers till next year, maybe we could recommend to buyers who are 'looking' to bring a few resumes. You've got 80-plus potential employers, and it won't be the first time a buyer made the jump to sales rep. It won't hurt, and ...who knows?

Name of Facility: Kennedy Health System - Cherry Hill Div. / 180 beds

City, State: Teaching Hospital

Years as a Buyer: > 30 (retired - for now...)

Employment

Beth,
Mike,
Yes I love your ideas!! But the sad thing is that I can't find other job opportunities for pharmacy buyers.
I am hoping my degrees will open new avenues.

Munira

Re: Employment

Munira:

There ARE no job opportunities for Pharmacy Buyers! There are, however, opportunites for a person with purschasing, negotiating, organizational, accounting and interpersonal skills. In this case, your individual skills are greater than the whole. Add the degree you're pursuing and you've got a package few employers can ignore. For instance, it was my skills as a buyer that got me my present job, even though it is not as a pharmacy buyer.

The fact that you're looking for other opportunities says to me that you've got to look outside the box of contention. Evaluate what you can do, then look around to see what fits best. Like I tell people about computers - they can do anything - as long as you ask the right question!

Mike

Name of Facility: Kennedy Health System - Cherry Hill Div. / 180 beds

City, State: Teaching Hospital

Years as a Buyer: > 30 (retired - for now...)

Thanks Mike