This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

Forum Archive
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Improve Forum Activity

What can I do to improve activity on this forum? I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Name of Facility: mike727360

City, State: www.pharmacypurchasing.com

Re: Improve Forum Activity

I think if you make the forum link bigger and on the front page of the web site it would help. If you can't get it on the front page maybe put a teaser on the page. example "Want to find out what's on the mind of other buyers. Click Here" I think there are people lurking but just not posting. We need to try to keep threads moving. I know that if I click on a forum and no one is saying anything I am less likely to go back. There also needs to be information that people find useful or interesting. You can count on me to post things and maybe we can lure others into
doing the same

Re: Re: Improve Forum Activity

I appreciate your help, Beth. I've put a teaser in the What's New section, and I added the Buyer's Forum to the toolbar crawl. I also put a link at the top of the Buyer's Resource page. Since the weekend has traditionally been a dead time for the site, I'll wait until mid-week to see if this affects the forum.

Again, thenks for your interest.

Name of Facility: mike727360

Re: Re: Improve Forum Activity

This is my first visit to the forum, I never noticed the link on Home page. Beth was correct in saying there needs to be a better identifier on the Home page, I think more people would use it to communicate.

Re: Re: Re: Improve Forum Activity

Pam
Thanks for the response. I found this while looking at the website and I was astonished that more buyers aren't using this.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Improve Forum Activity

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm going to go ahead and put a link on the Main Links header on the top and see how it goes from there. There's going to be an article in the newsletter reporting on the goings-on during the Open Form at the Conference and a not-so-subtle plug about using the Forum online to exchange ideas. And if that doesn't work, maybe I'll ask Dale to put a bullet note in every two or three issues reminding subscribers of the Forum.

If that doesn't work, I'll just call everyone and ask them why they're not using it.

Name of Facility: mike727360,2