Linda's Forum

Welcome to my forum.  Please feel free to post a message.    I'll be delighted to hear from you!

Linda's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Television Interview in 1961

When I was a kid, I was movie struck and would dash home from school to watch a television program on ABC called "Hollywood and the Stars." On one episode, the
program brought tv cameras into Gerald Mohr's Residence in Beverly Hills, California. I was curious to see what the real man was from the villan that he portrayed on many television shows. He was wearing a casual sweater and was quite charming! It was a 30 minute show and basically he talked about his career, guided the camera's on a tour of his home and chit-chatted about what he was up, next on his acting agenda. His wife came on camera and they seemed very happy together. What would I, a ten year old, know about love? I had become a fan of his after seeing him in "The Angry Red Planet" (which he said was very imaginative for its time)! Later, I began to see many other films which he was in. Even "Socirro" with Humphrey Bogart. He was a consume actor who was capable of playing any role given to him. He was very good friends with Jerry Lewis (!) appearing in "Money from Home" (in3D) and doing a guest cameo for Jerry, playing an aristocrat in "The Family Jewels (1966). He was well liked in Hollywood and helped a young actor by the name of James Garner (in his political fights with Jack B. Warner) giving him advice when MAVERICK, walked off the set in a year and a half suspension. I believe Mr. Mohr was quite active in the Actor's Guild at that time. Even Mr. Bogart liked him, thought he was a good actor but,..."Not as good as I and he doesn't look like me."

Thought I share these memories with you. A person is never dead, always alive, immortal as long as somebody remembers him.

Will Donahue