Mexican
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puerto Vallarta Restaurant Guide Beck's Best

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and the surrounding areas~

Most of us love to dine when in a new place or learn more about the town and area where we live! I live in Puerto Vallarta part-time and have been visiting since 1979, so if you desire info, write me anytime. Now you can purchase my famous spiral bound 114 page 367+ restaurants guide which has become a hit with visitors and local residents alike with places ranging from street food up to 5* dining. After 20+ years in the restaurant business, I have learned much about knowing and making tasty food.

By June 2005, Puerto Vallarta Restaurant Guide Beck's Best had progressed from a small document emailed for free into the largest most up-to-date dining guide in the PV Bay Area. For many years, I have hiked from spot to spot, dining, taking notes and pictures, talking to owners, managers, waiters, hosts, etc. Though fun and rewarding, it had gotten quite costly figuring in the food, beverages, airfares, rentals and taxis. Many told me it was time for a small compensation for this work which is a great benefit to visitors and residents alike, edited almost daily. I do not receive free meals nor accept advertisement, calling it my labor of love. I publish works in the major PV area English language newspapers and magazines, have recorded a radio program for Paco Ojeda's the VU and am a food columnist for the Banderas News online.

I am proud to release the latest 2009 edition.

My website is:
www.cafepress.com/vallartaguide
or
www.lulu.com/content/132501

Also available in PV at:

Agave Grill, Morelos 589 near Aldama, inside La Casa del Tequila DT.
Boca Bento Latin Grill, Casa Iguana, Mismaloya
El Arrayán, Allende 344 DT.
Lucy's CuCu Cabaña, Basilio Badillo 295, OT/SS.
Mariscos Polo's, Francisco I. Madero 376 OT/SS.
PVRPV, Pino Suárez 210 at Francisco I. Madero OT/SS.
P. V. Botanical Gardens, Barra de Navidad south 24 km., via El Tuito bus.

Gary R. Beck
San Francisco, CA./Puerto Vallarta, JAL.
Owner/Editor

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Puerto_Vallarta_OldTown_SouthSide
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Puerto_Vallarta_Gay_Travel

Here is a small sample of the 114 page 367+ restaurants, cafes and stands which are included in the hardcopy spiral-bound guide:

El Arrayán
Allende 344 near Miramar DT.
222-7195
www.elarr... 6pm-10pm Closed Tuesday and August.
Delightful owner Carmen Porras E.'s and Chef Juan Manuel Cruz J.'s traditional menu choices of appetizers are plentiful to share for dinner. Named for the Jaliscan flowering tree found in the restaurant's courtyard, this spot offers old Mexican family recipe specialties including impressive pozole de... 4 quesadillas filled with Oax and...chicken breast pasilla and tomatillo 130p, chiles en nogada, very fine beef tenderloin mole 160p, pork Pibil with habañero and black bean escabeche 180p...Open kitchen and lovely romantic partially covered courtyard, featuring an array of art, including local Huichol work, with traditional Mexican influence. Attentive service with abundant portions. Sat. 7:30pm features live music...In 2007, again voted by Virtual Vallarta readers “Best Mexican”...

Boca Bento Latin Grill
Casa Iguana Resort
Avenida 5 de Mayo 455
Col. Guadalupe Sanchez, Mismaloya

Agave Grill
Morelos 589 near Aldama, inside La Casa del Tequila DT.
222-2000
agavegrill@pro www.agavegrill.c
Noon-11pm
Authentic Mexican restaurant with open kitchen in a romantic hacienda featuring an agave tequila tasting room in the front, creates wonderful Mexican dishes as cream shrimp soup 59p, pollo mole poblano 139p, huachinango Vera, panela cheese with nop...pastel Azteca Vegetarian [souffle-style layered tortillas]... fine desserts are chocolate truffle with coconut strawberry and banana mousse with rice...Tequila tasting dinners...

Mariscos Polo's
Francisco I. Madero 376 between Insurgentes and Aguacate in Hotel Lina OT/SS.
306-8944/044-322-113-0364 CP
Noon-10pm Closed Tuesday.
Some of the area's best seafood at owner Polo's [Leopoldo Dueñas] colorful café include marlin taco 8p, ceviche tostada 7p...seafood fettuccine al chipotle diablo 76p, fish fillet 70-90p [fantastic special fish with mushroom wine...octopus ajillo, shrimp 130-145p, seafood cazuela [casserole] 63/73p and creamy coconut caramel flan...

Hacienda de Oro
Vallarta Botanical Gardens
Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 24, 3 Km. past Boca de Tomatlán
044-322-105-7217 CP
pvbotanicalgardens@...
10am-6pm Closed Monday.
Chef Miguel Ruíz offers eclectic dishes served open air amidst hanging and potted plants, especially orchids, overlooking a pool and gardens. Carnitas stew 140p, individual pizzas baked in brick wood-burning oven 120-140p, cheeseburger with fries and organic salad 90p, tortilla soup 60p, chicken mushroom quesad...